Jeff Lisath Div. III co-coach of the year

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Jeff Lisath Div. III co-coach of the year

Post by gotgame? »

Congrats to Mr. Jeff Lisath for being voted on coach of the year in division 3 in the State of Ohio.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Re: Jeff Lisath Div. III co-coach of the year

Post by Jtaylor304 »

That's just what he does!!! #AllTimeGreat

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I expect to see Coach L. back in the SE next season or the year after. The Larry Brown of HS Coaches. :122245

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Jeff on this outstanding honor.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Thanks to all. I appreciate that....I was certainly blessed with an outstanding group of kids.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

jeff, this is reggie wax
The question is when are you going to be back in this area?
Southeastern ohio needs good -morally right people staying here!
Morals are contagious--- good ones and bad ones

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

Heard he applied for the Circleville job. Could be back sooner than later.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

gpatton44 wrote:Heard he applied for the Circleville job. Could be back sooner than later.
I'm not sure why he would do that. I know his Corrections job is near Circleville, but they lost a lot from last year and appear to be down for a couple of years in a very tough conference. I'm sure he can confirm or deny if he chooses to.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats Coach!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Chilli Blue wrote:
gpatton44 wrote:Heard he applied for the Circleville job. Could be back sooner than later.
I'm not sure why he would do that. I know his Corrections job is near Circleville, but they lost a lot from last year and appear to be down for a couple of years in a very tough conference. I'm sure he can confirm or deny if he chooses to.
Jeff is a basketball coach, not a seeker of talent, in fact I don't believe he's taken over but maybe one program in adaquate shape. The guy just wants to coach and share his love of the game.

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

Yea, he might be able to answer those questions. What team did he coach last year? Was he there only one year? I don't know if he is the right fit for Circleville. It seems like he applies for a lot of different jobs (job hopping), and if given the job I hope he is not finished with Circleville before the 2020 season. I always visioned him going back to the Portsmouth, but Coach Collins has done an excellent job with that program. I think he is a good coach, but when a Piketon fan says he is the Larry Brown of Southeast Ohio that concerns me. :122248 :aaaaa114

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

gpatton44 wrote:Yea, he might be able to answer those questions. What team did he coach last year? Was he there only one year? I don't know if he is the right fit for Circleville. It seems like he applies for a lot of different jobs (job hopping), and if given the job I hope he is not finished with Circleville before the 2020 season. I always visioned him going back to the Portsmouth, but Coach Collins has done an excellent job with that program. I think he is a good coach, but when a Piketon fan says he is the Larry Brown of Southeast Ohio that concerns me. :122248 :aaaaa114
That was the Greeks comment :122245 . Jeff spent 9 great years at Piketon and won more games than any coach in school history. I was really talking about wherever he goes he finds a way to win (Larry Brown). Jeff passed on going home to Portsmouth; he once told our staff he would like to finish his career of coaching at Portsmouth which according to him well into his 60's. I personally know his recent moving around is due to his Corrections job. To answer your question he left Piketon because his corrections job was moved to Dayton and he started coaching at Dayton Northridge (2years) to my understanding not only did win the school's first league title in 35 years but he won back to back titles and led this years team to a 24-3 record, undefeated in the league, District Champs, AP Ranked #5 and the best school record in 70 years. I'm not sure if he applies for different jobs, I believe he is rumored for different jobs. I'm sure he will get on here and clean it all up for us.

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

Thanks Greek. My bad. When I think of Larry Brown, I think of a good coach that moves around from team to team. I don't have anything against Coach. I wish him the best. I just do not think he will stay at Circleville before making a move to the next team. Just my opinion.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

havent been on this board for awhile, so late but with full meaning Congrats Coach!!!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

gpatton44 wrote:Thanks Greek. My bad. When I think of Larry Brown, I think of a good coach that moves around from team to team. I don't have anything against Coach. I wish him the best. I just do not think he will stay at Circleville before making a move to the next team. Just my opinion.
Word I'm getting from reliable sources he will be offered the position; I'm not confident he will accept it. if so, you will probably get the life expectancy of most high school coaches 3-5 years. Yes there are some exceptions to the rule; those who work in the school district usually stick around for awhile. Non-Teacher coaches seldom do. Sounds like you want the job???? :122246 . I can't see anyone else being reluctant to get a winner running their program a guy who took over a girls program at Chillicothe that hadn't won anything in years and captured a District Title in his first season, took Piketon to a Final 4 for the first time ever, then goes to Dayton and wins a District Title for the first time in 70 years...that's turning 3 programs into winners in a span of 15 years! life expectancy 5 years :122245 ...but I would take it!

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

Hello Chilli Blue. I am not a coach, but do have a kid at Circleville that is in the program. I would like to have a coach there longer than 3 years. And this is exactly what I am afraid of.. Thanks!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

gpatton44 wrote:Hello Chilli Blue. I am not a coach, but do have a kid at Circleville that is in the program. I would like to have a coach there longer than 3 years. And this is exactly what I am afraid of.. Thanks!!
Okay, so if your kid is in the 8th grade on up....he would be fine....providing Lisath stays for the average of 5 years.... :122249 ...but who knows...I believe he was an assistant at Portsmouth for 10 years and coached at Piketon for 9, so that shows some stability. I know he is at the end of his corrections career, so it could be longer than you think. The good thing about it, he knows how to take low level talent and develop to compete at a high level. Didn't Circleville lose a lot of talent from last season? What were the lower levels like? I agree with you, but in a different light...I don't think he should take the position and I honestly don't believe he will. JMO

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Chilli Blue, according to my sources he was offered a full time position from the Dayton schools to be the Director of Safety & Security and its an offer that will be hard to walk away from. Northridge where he is building an elite program in a very competitive District. I will see him on the golf course in the morning, I will ask if this is true.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

jimmy, you are correct. I will be at Northridge or I won't be coaching at all next season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”