GAHS cagers scrimmage Marietta five

jottings
SEOPS H

GAHS cagers scrimmage Marietta five

Post by jottings »

Marietta five wins five of seven quarters
against GAHS in pre-season scrimmage

Visiting Marietta won five of seven quarters in a pre-season hardwood
Scrimmage against Gallipolis Saturday morning at the GAHS gym in Centenary.

Marietta won the first period 8-6 and the second,11-8. GAHS came back to win the third quarter, 8-6. MHS won the fourth period, 8-6 and fifth 11-4.

GAHS won the sixth period, 9-5, then lost 9- 7 at 11:45 a.m. The schools still scrimmaged after 2:45 of work.

The JVs scrimmaged Marietta in the auxiliary gym. No results were available on that practice tilt.

GAHS has another pre-season scrimmage with Alexander next week, and will host Oak Hill around Thanksgiving in the annual pre-season practice contest. Last week, GAHS defeated South Webster in a pre-season scrimmage,

The Blue Devils open their 2013-14 campaign on Saturday, Nov. 30, at Fairland. First home game is against defending SEOAL champion Warren Local on Dec. 6. On Dec. 7, GAHS will host Chesapeake in a non-league game.

Marietta played Saturday’s scrimmage with a couple injuries as did Gallipolis. Last year’s starters Reid Eastman and Wes Jarrell sat out Saturday’s contest because of football injuries. Both may be cleared to start practice Monday.

GAHS played an uptempo game. At times, the Gallians looked sharp. However, GAHS is going to have to do more work on free-throw shooting and rebounding if the Blue Devils hope to compete this winter.

bettis
Varsity

Re: GAHS cagers scrimmage Marietta five

Post by bettis »

I'll advise they need to work on free throws and rebounding thanks for the updates makes it nice when people have to work and can't be there!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: GAHS cagers scrimmage Marietta five

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I have always thought that basketball players should at least be able to make 75% of free throws, but then again, I am not a basketball player.

Return to “Boys Basketball”