Meigs @ Warren 12/3

ez_high
Waterboy

Re: Meigs @ Warren 12/3

Post by ez_high »

Reece had a great game. Like I said a few weeks ago:

"No one talks about Reece Patton much but I believe he is a key to his team. He can quietly dump 20 on you in a hurry with the mid range jumper. Doesn't have to live up to the all ohio or d1 recruit talk/expectations. A very nice young man also."

He shoots high percentage shots, which equals sustained consistency! He shot 10-14 from the field. Hall and French shot 5-27 from the field according to the Marietta Times. If they shoot those percentages consistently, it could be a short season for the warriors. I firmly believe Warren not having Duckworth as coach this year will cost them a few points a game, as Duckworth is very good at scouting and taking advantage of the opponent's weaknesses. Just look what he did in his first game at Marietta; beat a good team that the seniors at Marietta have never beaten.

It might take a few games for this warriors team to gel and get over the State Semifinal hangover, but I think they will be unstobbable come conference play. A great test is upcoming with Portsmouth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I think we saw in the 2nd half Tuesday night what this years Warriors will need to do to be THE team we expect - pressure D in the half court ... once they began to pressure the ball in the half court EVERYTHING fell into place - defensively getting the TOs to get into the transition game we have come to know from a Coach Maddox TEAM, it got the BIG 3 offensively out on the floor "in space" where they could take advantage of their abilities to breakdown defenders - both French and Patton seem to be able to get/take the baseline whenever the want to ...French IS much stronger this year, he can AND WILL get to the rim going baseline - awesome to watch ... as you posted whs2422 Reece Patton IS as smooth as they come on the floor - a better midrange jumper you won't find , but he has the whole package as well ... he can create for himself to get to the rim, can shoot over the top of defenders, defenders HAVE TO respect the 3 ball which means Bobby Knights world famous "have to use the pump fake" will be there ALL season with Patton able to get to and finish at the rim... in my opinion it is going to be REBOUNDING as THE factor as to whether the Warriors repeat their performance of last season/ meet expectations for this season ...

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

Whs2422 - I agree. I asked earlier about missing Duck worth and I think we will be missing his insight this year. Hope its only a few points per game. I'm excited to see them play in person this year. Don't want them peaking this early anyways. Need to get the new bodies into the system.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

I knew the naysayers and the wailing Wanda's would be out in full effect. The snipe comment about living up to DI recruit status was below the belt aimed at Hall. GET OVER IT. It's called a poor shooting night.
Official Team Stats
2-13 FG 7 pts
3-4 FT
9 rebounds
7 assist
1 steal
1 block
0 turnovers

On a normal shooting night this kid is pretty close to a triple double with 15-20 points scored. That's sounds like a pretty nice game to me. This kid has shot 50% for his career so a 2-13 night is UNUSUAL!
Last season it was the same thing early in the season. Some early season close games and a loss to Cols Upper Arlington and it was all doom & gloom. French & Hall were overrated and oh yea I almost forgot the Warriors were predicted to a reapeat of past District failures. Well those same people will be sitting in the Convo come March watching this team cut down those nets again.

As always

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Their lack of a post player will hurt them

northern exposure
Waterboy

Post by northern exposure »

I think Drayer was 4-4 for 8 points but he'll need more boards. Warrior blue, I think you posted Michaels stats not team stats. They were 27-62 44%. 36 rebounds.16 turnovers and only 10 fouls. Its a team sport.They will win as a team or lose individually. No one player is going to carry the team. They will all have good games. Go Blue.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... No worries here in the Land of the Purple about Mr. Hall ... more to the game than scoring (referencing the stat line for Michael Hall from Tuesday night) ... the scoring IS GOING TO BE THERE along with all of the other stats for the junior - end of that story ... French didn't have a "French Night" in the scoring column - no one is questioning his playing ability ... the BIG 3 for Warren ARE the BIG 3 ... they will play TEAM ball ... Coach Maddox's coaching style dictates that style of play. I brought up the rebounding because is was an issue in the first half - not so in the 2nd ... IF there is an area of concern I would and did bring up the board work - will it be addressed by the staff - no doubt in my mind that it will ... good TEAMS make adjustments and continue to become BETTER TEAMS ... it was opening night! TEAM Warriors won going away by 30 points to a good Meigs squad ... next opponent please ...

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

pfloyd wrote:... No worries here in the Land of the Purple about Mr. Hall ... more to the game than scoring (referencing the stat line for Michael Hall from Tuesday night) ... the scoring IS GOING TO BE THERE along with all of the other stats for the junior - end of that story ... French didn't have a "French Night" in the scoring column - no one is questioning his playing ability ... the BIG 3 for Warren ARE the BIG 3 ... they will play TEAM ball ... Coach Maddox's coaching style dictates that style of play. I brought up the rebounding because is was an issue in the first half - not so in the 2nd ... IF there is an area of concern I would and did bring up the board work - will it be addressed by the staff - no doubt in my mind that it will ... good TEAMS make adjustments and continue to become BETTER TEAMS ... it was opening night! TEAM Warriors won going away by 30 points to a good Meigs squad ... next opponent please ...

Sorry if you thought my post was intended for you Mr PFloyd! I graciously respect your insight and your purposeful prose. The rebounding you were very much on point. I can happily inform you that area was addressed at 6:30am the next morning. All is well in Warrior Land.
On another note Mike Hall was sitting court side behind Dayton's bench as the Flyers defeated Delaware St last night.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good for Mike, I had heard he was going for a visit to Dayton when I was talking to some of the Warren faithful while at the game the other night - didn't feel it was my place to post anything about it tho ... hope the visit went well for Michael Hall ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Sorry I didnt get to talk to you at the game pfloyd. Give the boys in blue time to gel. Patience is something the Warren crowd is gonna have to hang on to pretty tight this year. I know alot of us would like to see Michael and Marshal mix their strong points. Its hard for me to not want more.
My perfect world would have Michael with a controlled more aggressive style of play. I dearly love Marshals agressive play and his heart. This kid has really come a long way. His goal has never been to be on a college ball Team, he does have the makings to be a strong post player when he focuses on is touch.

I agree blue. Maddox will have em together again. We have the role players, a strong bench, and a Great crowd.

Return to “Boys Basketball”