Belpre vs Paden City

viper2406
Waterboy

Belpre vs Paden City

Post by viper2406 »

Any thoughts, don't have much info on Paden city? but Belpre starting to turn things around on a 3 game win streak!

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre vs Paden City

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

Paden City is a decent team, one of the best they've had in a while. I've not seen belpre, but I would guess PC will matchup pretty well.

Cooper, Heasley, Cain have decent size. I hear they will likely start a freshman point guard.

Not as experienced as Belpre, but should be a close game if PC isn't to rusty to start the season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paden City just lost to a below average Williwmstown squad. Unless the Yellow Jackets improved a lot of the summer that's a bad loss.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:Paden City just lost to a below average Williwmstown squad. Unless the Yellow Jackets improved a lot of the summer that's a bad loss.
Williamstown isn't that bad. They have 2 players that are pretty good. Gage Wix and Chandler Webber are both pretty good players. Webber can shoot lights out at times and Wix is strong in the post. I think Williamstown would be a tuff game for Belpre. The Eagles have a freshmen DJon Bedgood that is gonna be special. You can't really account for him because when you play Belpre you HAVE to gameplan for Big Nick Therriut. Freshmen are inconsistent so if your Belpre you can't can't ON his production but neither can the opposing team account for it.

I think Belpre is starting to get on a roll and they just have enough weapons to get a win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Williamstown was weak in Williamstown summer league what they win 2 games out of 8.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

EasternDspy wrote:Williamstown was weak in Williamstown summer league what they win 2 games out of 8.
There's a big difference between summer league and regular season. I wouldn't put to much stock in how team's performed several months ago.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So Wix and Webber just didn't try? FF beat Williamstown bad over summer. Williamstown would be 4th or 5th best team in PVC.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Come on Eastern, you know summer ball can't be compared to season ball. That would be like me saying since Caldwell hung with Williamstown in a football scrimmage, and Williamstown hung with Madonna, that Caldwell could do the same. Um, no. Summer league's, scrimmages, etc, should be taken with a grain of salt. Teams should only be judged on regular season games. The Yellow Jackets lose to Paden City could turn out to be a bad loss, or the opposite, only time will tell.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Belpre takes this one.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:So Wix and Webber just didn't try? FF beat Williamstown bad over summer. Williamstown would be 4th or 5th best team in PVC.
Fort Frye beat Warren over the summer too! How did that work out :) Seriously summer especially leagues are of ZERO value when it comes to evualuate teams or players.

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

lol @ Eastern ... Come on man! I didn't even see you at a summer league game (maybe one?).

But on the other end, you have to remember that Gage Wix was hurt for the past year (knee injury) and only began playing again during the Parkersburg South Fall League. He is a player that can be very dominant at times. His work in the post has always been solid with good footwork and an array of moves. He has worked on his shot from mid range out while being hurt and he is now more consistent with his mid range and three point jump shot. He rebounds well, handles well for his size, etc. A very nice player ... and when you're talking about a team with two clear cut players that are head and shoulders better than the rest on the roster and you take one away, you have to imagine that results won't be good no matter when the game is played. I would think that this will be a good game --- Paden City is well coached also and has a good bit of size considering the low enrollment at their school and the fact that there aren't a ton of kids to choose from. I wouldn't be surprised for this to be a dandy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”