Early All-TVC hocking and ohio picks

viper2406
Waterboy

Early All-TVC hocking and ohio picks

Post by viper2406 »

Who do you guys all have from each school and the POY.?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Early All-TVC hocking and ohio picks

Post by 93Bulldog »

Micah Couch to me is the most dominate player in the TVC-Hocking ... whether he receives such an honor as P.O.W remains to be seen.

Burrow/Watson in the Ohio ... guess you could flip a coin on that one.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Braden greer from south gallia is by far the best player in the tvc hocking i'm guessing he leads the league in scoring and assists.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

256pride wrote:Braden greer from south gallia is by far the best player in the tvc hocking i'm guessing he leads the league in scoring and assists.
I don't know about that ... Couch has been pouring in over 20+ a game consistently.

Every league game you play matters in these types of things - if you miss any, it hurts ... I didn't see Greer in any of the box scores, articles for awhile? Was he injured for a few weeks?

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

He only missed 1 game but is near 20 a game I'm sure plus the assists and beat Trimble head to head first time with 2nd game coming up

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia beat Trimble - that has no bearing on a P.O.Y reward.

Plus, its 'player of the year' ... not best player in the league.

If a team or teams are in the hunt for a league title and have one player who is deserving of the award - 9-times-out-of-10 they will get it. That's just how P.O.Y awards work.

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

I think is between greer, therriault, and couch. But there are still 7-8 games left

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Whoever wins it will most certainly be from the team that wins or finishes 2nd. Hardley ever does a player from a mid division or sub 500 team win POY. Unless they are scoring 25+ a night the best player on the best team wins most years

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow, best overall player in SEO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

redsoxs300 wrote:I think is between greer, therriault, and couch. But there are still 7-8 games left
Taylor McNickle from Southern has been tearing it up lately as well ... and Tristen Wolfe is a nice player for the Tornadoes ... but Dennis Teaford may be their own most valuable player.

I have seen almost all of these players and the only one, who is truly 'unstoppable', is Couch. You can hold a PG down (like Fed Hock did to Greer the other night holding him to 1 FG). You can scheme your defense to force a forward like Therriault to play outside more. And there has been plenty of games where Bedgood has led the Golden Eagles in scoring. But when it comes to Trimble their offense solely revolves around a big 6'5 center - with great hands, great feet and great touch around the rim. The Tomcats are (8-5),(7-3 TVC-Hocking) sitting in 2nd place, one game behind Southern, and a big reason why is because of Couch.

The other night facing a Southern team, which DOMINATED Fed Hock underneath a few days before, Couch did more than 'hold his own' versus the bigs for the Tornadoes. 6'7 Chandler Drummer, 6'5 Dennis Teaford and 6'3 Casey Pickens are all very good athletes for Southern, good defenders, great rebounders. Couch poured in 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds versus the 'trio of bigs' for the Tornadoes. It was impressive to say the least. He turned around and poured in 20 and grabbed 11 boards versus Wahama the next night. He had a game versus Waterford earlier in the season where he scored 30. The interesting part is Couch is doing all the damage against 2-3 zones designed to stop him - yet he continues to have huge games every time he steps onto the floor.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:
redsoxs300 wrote:I think is between greer, therriault, and couch. But there are still 7-8 games left
Taylor McNickle from Southern has been tearing it up lately as well ... and Tristen Wolfe is a nice player for the Tornadoes ... but Dennis Teaford may be their own most valuable player.

I have seen almost all of these players and the only one, who is truly 'unstoppable', is Couch. You can hold a PG down (like Fed Hock did to Greer the other night holding him to 1 FG). You can scheme your defense to force a forward like Therriault to play outside more. And there has been plenty of games where Bedgood has led the Golden Eagles in scoring. But when it comes to Trimble their offense solely revolves around a big 6'5 center - with great hands, great feet and great touch around the rim. The Tomcats are (8-5),(7-3 TVC-Hocking) sitting in 2nd place, one game behind Southern, and a big reason why is because of Couch.

The other night facing a Southern team, which DOMINATED Fed Hock underneath a few days before, Couch did more than 'hold his own' versus the bigs for the Tornadoes. 6'7 Chandler Drummer, 6'5 Dennis Teaford and 6'3 Casey Pickens are all very good athletes for Southern, good defenders, great rebounders. Couch poured in 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds versus the 'trio of bigs' for the Tornadoes. It was impressive to say the least. He turned around and poured in 20 and grabbed 11 boards versus Wahama the next night. He had a game versus Waterford earlier in the season where he scored 30. The interesting part is Couch is doing all the damage against 2-3 zones designed to stop him - yet he continues to have huge games every time he steps onto the floor.
I would have to agree with Couch probably being the most logical choice but there is a reason Therriault hasn't been scoring as much as you would think but it is not because of defenses forcing him outside but more because he only gets to play about six minutes a half.The coach is holding him back not the defenses.Why he is not letting him play is something most of the Belpre fans are questioning.I believe if Nick would have been allowed to play more he would be a top candidate for POY

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I had Therriault as the favorite coming into the season.

I had kind of given him the nod based on him being a senior. The other players mentioned are all underclassmen.

Thanks for the info Eaglepapaw.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

256pride wrote:Braden greer from south gallia is by far the best player in the tvc hocking i'm guessing he leads the league in scoring and assists.

:lol:
Last edited by 91blue14 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eaglepride05
Waterboy

Post by eaglepride05 »

Put up their season avg.,,,points,rebounds,assist's,blocks,and grade their in.

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

Therriault is avg 15.5 points and about 7 to 8 rebounds a game only playing 18-20 mins a game compared to other top players in the TVC hocking playing 25,26 even 28 minutes! Also sat out a whole 1/2 at southern!!?? Therriault is shooting a little over 50% from the floor on the year too. But as of now Couch from Trimble is still the favorite to win the POY but Therriault will not be that far behind! They play next week so we will see!?!?!

Return to “Boys Basketball”