Coaches have no true friends do they?

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Re: Coaches have no true friends do they?

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Don't forget those danged parents know how to ref better than those boys wearing the striped shirts too. So do the coaches for that matter. :lol:

Nevermore
Waterboy

Post by Nevermore »

I find that if a coach treats each and every kid the same we don't have as much of a problem. Its when you start showing favoritism (coaching up only certain kids) and not working with the other ones is when they start losing there respect. I know their is always that person who always complains, there's nothing you can do about that. But if you treat your kids with respect, and show the team everything your doing is in the best interest of the team, I've found they will bend over backwards for you. I guess what I'm saying is if you look at the kid for his strengths and ability's, and not for what your buddy says, or who there dad is, or what your getting out of it, and keep your personal feeling out of coaching you don't have as big of a problem.

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

I was speaking to someone about their team and a certain player when I was told about the kid's attitude.

Said the coach took him ou t the other night and the kid gets to the bench and says "why the **** did you take me out?"

Coach never put him back in, and the dad was waiting to jump the coach in the hallway after the game.

I sure don't know the answer, but this is all too common these days. Kudos to the coach above though.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I guess we have came full circle now. I have read on here parents or players complaining about coaching and now we have a coach complaining about parents and players. I don't like either. Airing problems on a public forum is not going to solve anyone's problems.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Oh riiiggghhhttt like it will stop!

Return to “Boys Basketball”