DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

Post by 93Bulldog »

Schnellfritz wrote:Hmmm! "DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS" ......About 4 pages ago, this thread got lost. GO WARRIORS!
That's because after 4 pages here ... plus the other 10 pages from the original thread ... we've pretty much covered anything and everything ... :mrgreen:

GO MARAUDERS ... GO TVC!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

BUCKEYES wrote:I have watched LE every game this year and they are not the same team. The last three games they have struggled to score and seem to be tired. I would agree with bman, when your leader and top scorer goes down in the fashion that Dillon went down last night that would hurt any team mentally and then obviously with scoring. I will make no excuses for why they lost last night and I don't think bman is, but LE would've lost last night against Bloom just merely for the way they have been playing. bman is also correct Bloom would beat most if not every team I have seen this year...including Athens, by the way they would have the "height and size" to match up with them as well. Hopefully Dillon Young gets back to the court by tournament time because he has worked very hard to get where he has gotten to for it to come down to hard/cheap foul to ruin his senior season.
As I stated on another thread, I felt going into it LE would lose even if they were full strength, but it would've been a better game than the one we saw last night. LE hasn't been shooting the ball as well the past couple of games. Last night, a lot of shots were short. A week of light games will be good for LE to get some practice and work in. Hopefully Dillon is ready for the tourney.

Bloom-Carroll is strong, both inside and then with its guard play. Coach Petty does a fantastic job with that program, and it starts with defense. Very good basketball team.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good grief, I'm sure every coach will tell you he/she has got real short with a ref once and they regret what happened later. In the heat of the moment, a coach is going to defend his/her team, because that's the coach's job.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:It is an interesting scenario MOTIVATOR. I think you've made a few correct points, as have I. If a coach feels there is animosity - and there is not - then he/she is probably in the wrong. If the officials do have some animosity - then we can both probably agree they are in the wrong. Lot's of grey areas, lot's of misunderstandings and a lot of mixed feelings. Nobody really knows for sure what either party is truly thinking. Which takes me all the way back to my very first point - with so many questions, just remove the variable that is causing the misconceptions. There are 30 teams in the TVC (boys & girls) that play 22 games per season - that is 660 games. Surely, because of what has happened in the past between the two parties (coach and officials), just separating them is not that big of deal. Athens plays 22 games, some of them not even in this area, which leaves at least 638 other games to officiate. Nobody would be 'punished' if a crew and coach didn't share the same court. Is it the coaches fault or the officials fault doesn't really matter at this point - just move on with a decision that leaves everyone satisfied.
So again you want to punish the officials. The fact is, there was only one common official for the two games. And the one who made the "horrible call" was not on the crew for the LE game. So you are asking a whole group of officials to give up every game, including tournaments, that involves Athens? The guys who called that game last year work with at least a combined 20 different officials, and I am sure it is more than that. So again, since your coach made a comment that was printed in the paper, those guys should give up games? I like your idea of, "get over it," much better.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

bman wrote:Good grief, I'm sure every coach will tell you he/she has got real short with a ref once and they regret what happened later. In the heat of the moment, a coach is going to defend his/her team, because that's the coach's job.
Yes, so let's all do what 93 says and "get over it." Including the coach, and the fans, and...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good deal ... I'm over it ... I'm a nobody anyways - the school, administrators, coaches, officials can all figure it out.

I'm just ready for the tournament to start so I (the fan) can sit back and enjoy it ... 8)
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Must be real hard to find officials in the SE area. Had an official last night doing the JV Athens at Alexander game and his son plays on the Alexander JV team.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Yes, I'm tired of all the endless seeding debates and all of this other crap. Time for basketball.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bman wrote:Yes, I'm tired of all the endless seeding debates and all of this other crap. Time for basketball.
So, I guess you won't be tuning into 970wath 'The Sportsfan' at 6:06 tonight? I'm having WarriorBlue on for a few segments ... LOL

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:
bman wrote:Yes, I'm tired of all the endless seeding debates and all of this other crap. Time for basketball.
So, I guess you won't be tuning into 970wath 'The Sportsfan' at 6:06 tonight? I'm having WarriorBlue on for a few segments ... LOL
I'll pass, but thanks. :122245

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:
This should be interesting ....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Call in Dundas when his segment is over with ... ol 93Dog will be happy to chat with ya ...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:Call in Dundas when his segment is over with ... ol 93Dog will be happy to chat with ya ...
I would bulldog but I will be at West Elementary watching my step son in the district spelling bee. Podcast this one so I can listen when I get home!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Do they clear the gym after the 1st game? Thinking about staying after the Warren game Tuesday to watch Athens if they don't.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

WHS95FAN wrote:Do they clear the gym after the 1st game? Thinking about staying after the Warren game Tuesday to watch Athens if they don't.

They have cleared the last few years so I would imagine they do it again this year.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Wow, can't believe the lack of chatter from people after last night. Elm gets ripped apart for losing to a very good opponent Bloom Carroll in their fourth game in a week without their best player. Why is nobody talking about Warren struggling with a terrible New Lex team last night? was 49-46 with under four minutes to play. New Lex lost to 1-19 West M the night before by 9.

Just shows you that scores and the occasional bad game happen. Pretty much shows you that on a given night anything is possible.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Wow, can't believe the lack of chatter from people after last night. Elm gets ripped apart for losing to a very good opponent Bloom Carroll in their fourth game in a week without their best player. Why is nobody talking about Warren struggling with a terrible New Lex team last night? was 49-46 with under four minutes to play. New Lex lost to 1-19 West M the night before by 9.

Just shows you that scores and the occasional bad game happen. Pretty much shows you that on a given night anything is possible.
Maybe the Warren players weren't feeling well after riding that bus from Vincent to New Lex ... lol

Makes me queasy just driving Rt. 13 from The Plains to Corning ...

:mrgreen:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Not to mention they Warren had a big game the night before on the road against their rival. Maybe the legs were not where they need to be after a physical emotional game less than 24 hrs earlier, or maybe they just didn't give enough respect to their opponent.
Love this time of year!!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

fighting_falcon wrote:Not to mention they Warren had a big game the night before on the road against their rival. Maybe the legs were not where they need to be after a physical emotional game less than 24 hrs earlier, or maybe they just didn't give enough respect to their opponent.
Love this time of year!!
I can assure you lack of respect for the opponent wasn't the issue at all. In the first place Coach Maddox has to much respect for the game to EVER let his team do that. It was a combination of several factors in my opinion. The Warriors jumped out 23-5 at the 1st quarter. Hall scoring 8 and the team played suffocating defense. When subs started coming in Coach Maddox went a little deeper than normal playing 10 kids during the quarter. A smart move on Maddox's part. Kids that have primarily played JV this season with very few varsity minutes. The opportunity to get those kids some PT a coach shouldn't pass up. Since Warren has played 8 straight games that were with either BIG games or played in front of a huge crowd. Many of which were close so Warren had only been going consistanly 8-9 deep. So the combination of new faces and quiet atmosphere Warren had a 5 point quarter and New Lex went into the half only down 8 at 28-20. I'm sure the score gave the Panthers great incentive to hang tuff as they did and take the game into the 4th quarter. In the end the Warriors impressed their will and despite the circumstances come away with the win. Good teams survive nights like this one and survive they did.
Hats off to the Panthers their kids gave great effort. Hustled, dove for loose balls and for 3
1/2 quarters stood toe to toe with Warren and under 3 minuets the Gane was still in doubt.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

I should have clarified the no respect thing. I did not mean Coach Maddox and staff but I was looking more at the kids themselves. Sometimes not matter what you tell a team, when they know they are much better the effort might not be there. That was all I was meaning about that.
Glad to know it was a case of JV kids playing more time than normal.

Return to “Boys Basketball”