DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

Post by 93Bulldog »

Going to start a new thread and lock the old ...

open_post
Freshman Team

Re: DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

Post by open_post »

Official
1. Logan Elm
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Sheridan
5. VC

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Like I said

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

8. Fairfield Union vs. 9. New Lexington vs. 1. Logan Elm

4. Sheridan vs. 5. Vinton County

2. Warren vs. 7. Meigs

3. Athens vs. 6. Marietta

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Southeastern
1. Washington Court House
2. Minford
3. Unioto
4. Circleville
5. Miami Trace

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Tough luck for Warren and Athens, the survivor out of that should handle Logan Elm pretty handily though imo

Go Blue!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The results were a product of the system we have ... Vinton/Sheridan wanted LE in the 1 - and that was the difference ... a 5-4 vote for Logan Elm.

Has nothing to do with best team, best record, most deserving ... that's all bologna ... its who I think I can beat.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

The southeast needs to go to a super-sectional like the rest of the state. IMO it is the right thing to do for the student athletes in southeast Ohio.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

open_post wrote:The southeast needs to go to a super-sectional like the rest of the state. IMO it is the right thing to do for the student athletes in southeast Ohio.
I find it amusing the two DISTRICT CHAMPIONS from a year ago (with all there players back) could have to play in a SECTIONAL game.

the southeast district is only screwing itself.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... games are set ... time to finish the regular season injury free and get it on ... we will have to have THE game in round #2 of the Logan sectional , the Land of the Purple ... Warren gets to warm up for sectionals in their last game of the season this week vs Logan Friday night IN Logan ... some good hoops to be seen from the Cheap Seats in Jim's Gym ...

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

This is absolutely an injustice to Warren and Athens. I had said no one wanted to play them because they are the two best teams. VC didn't want to see either one that is why Combs voted for LE as 1 seed.

Athens and Warren got punished for doing what they should. Upping their schedule.

I agree the athletes get screwed in this system. Too bad the adults couldn't have done the right thing.

Well it is what it is.
Last edited by AxGrinder on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wonder of coach Maddox and Skinner are on the phone right now calling up ASVSM & Watterson to cancel next years games.

Too much of a 'risk' to play them - and we as fans will lose out.

I'm calling it right now ... Athens will be 20-0 at the draw next year!

lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm has proposed an open draw for several years because it has also been short changed in the past, but it has received little support. I hope more supporters will now come on board and join the movement for an open draw for each division. It works very well in the Central District and will here, as well.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

I think every coach, ad and administrator in southeast Ohio should push for an open draw it is time this changes. I have said this since 2004 and it still hasn't changed.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Again, it didn't come down to Warren playing Watterson or Athens playing SVSM and being screwed. As I've said until I'm blue in the face, give LE another loss to account for those games and LE still has a better record. The rest of it was grasping for straws comparing Warren's and LE's quality wins. All were good wins. Both teams were challenged and passed it most of the team.

I do feel for Warren and Athens, because the way the district does the tournament is stupid.
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

There are schools in the district who are afraid of competition and don't want to be exposed via an open draw.
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm should be over in the SE sectional this year, which would make all of this a moot point. LE has typically been the floater school to balance the sectionals, but politics were played to get that changed this year. That's why we need to have an open draw so we take the politics out of it. How may years has good D3 Jackson sectional teams stayed at home for districts while weak D3 Athens sectional teams get to play at the Convo and get spanked?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bman wrote:Again, it didn't come down to Warren playing Watterson or Athens playing SVSM and being screwed. As I've said until I'm blue in the face, give LE another loss to account for those games and LE still has a better record.
I meant other GREAT TEAMS too besides ASVSM, WATTERSON ... I just threw those two out.

If Athens doesn't go to Florida and doesn't play ASVSM they are 17-1 ... if Warren doesn't schedule Watterson & Wheeling park ... they are 17-1.

But it wouldn't matter anyway ... the preconceived notion was Logan Elm was the weaker of the three - so they were voted the 1 ... you have two teams, the 4 and the 5, who carry a lot of weight and are very important when the voting is so close.

Like I said ... go ahead and book it ... Athens will be 20-0 at the draw next year and there will be no 'wiggle room' to make a decision on ... no Florida trip, no ASVSM, no Propel (which was a great win/game for Athens).

If this is the system you are dealt with - then you have to play 'the game' ... so, I'm guessing Athens will play it next year and bring a 'sterling record' into next years draw.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm also went to Florida, Logan Elm played Athens, played WCH (top seed in other sectional), Chillicothe, plays in a league with a soild top four teams and five with at least 11 wins. Warren also has a number of quality wins and has an outstanding team. Athens didn't get a chance to really prove itself due to weather circumstances as much as LE and Warren - i.e. having some games postponed, including Warren. Ironton, which I believe was also postponed, looked like a great matchup coming into the season but Ironton is having a tough year. Athens could be the most athletic and talented of the three by the end of the day. I don't know where Warren or Athens has been in regards to the open draw, but I hope both are at least on board now and will join Logan Elm and a few other schools who have been advocating for it.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

What they could do is cross vote. Teams at Logan vote on the teams at Southeastern and vice versa That may help with the taking care of myself thing

Return to “Boys Basketball”