Best Teams Around in the last decade?

streetballer
Varsity

Re: Best Teams Around in the last decade?

Post by streetballer »

If were talkin this area as in oh/ky then the mason county(ky)team with lofton,grutza and many others that won state championship is one of the best ever from this area...and also the Darius Miller(NBA player)led mason county team that won state has to be in consideration as one of the best from this area to as it also had all around talent including peebles native Treg Setty who went on to play d-1 college basketball

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

The 07-08 Vinton County team that went undefeated in the regular season. Gave the eventual state champion Chillicothe Cavaliers all they could handle at the Convo. Great game for VC except for the last 4 minutes!! Chilli had the horses that year!

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

That 04-05 Ironton team was really good. The double OT game against Bloom Carroll in the Regional Finals was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. Brigam Waginger is one of the best perimeter defenders I've had the pleasure of watching in high school basketball.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

StreetBaller: That Mason County team with Lofton and Grutza was fun to watch. I remember a game I watched against Fleming County..it was the first half and Fleming was giving Mason a run and Lofton pulled up from just inside half court 2-3 times and buried threes. They ended up winning by 20+

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

skidaddy wrote:The 07-08 Vinton County team that went undefeated in the regular season. Gave the eventual state champion Chillicothe Cavaliers all they could handle at the Convo. Great game for VC except for the last 4 minutes!! Chilli had the horses that year!

You got beat 89-42. I was at that game and it was a blowout from the tip as i remember. The only competiton Chilli had that year until State was Logan Elm.

scotisaac
Waterboy

Post by scotisaac »

IndianFan4life wrote:Westerns Regional Final team from 07-08 was a half court shot at the buzzer from going to state. Fun team to watch. White, McCloud, and Shanks leading the way. All 1000 pt scorers. McCloud with 2000+.
I'm pretty sure McLeod didn't hit 2,000. I know he broke Gabby Smiths record and became the Boys All-Time leading scorer, But i think Kaylee Helton is the only Indian with 2,000+

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

WHS_Indians1 wrote:
IndianFan4life wrote:Westerns Regional Final team from 07-08 was a half court shot at the buzzer from going to state. Fun team to watch. White, McCloud, and Shanks leading the way. All 1000 pt scorers. McCloud with 2000+.
I'm pretty sure McLeod didn't hit 2,000. I know he broke Gabby Smiths record and became the Boys All-Time leading scorer, But i think Kaylee Helton is the only Indian with 2,000+
Correct, McLeod did not hit the 2000 point mark. He was very close though. Ended his career with 1975 points. Boys All Time leading scorer for Pike County.

Also correct on Helton, she ended up with somewhere around 2300. I think she is 14th All-Time in Ohio for girls scoring.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Eastern Brown 2005
North Adams 2005 were both good teams.

Chesapeake and Ironton were both fantastic in 2005 as well

Those were some great district finals games that year.

Eastern vs Ironton

Na vs Peake

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Over the last 5 years Warren has amassed a 103-17 record.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Chillicothe 2007-2008 hands down #1.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Def not hands down #1...like i said the lofton led mason county team that won state is the best single season team ever from this area..they went through a murderers row of state and national teams that year and won state and finished ranked nationally..nuff said!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

streetballer wrote:Def not hands down #1...like i said the lofton led mason county team that won state is the best single season team ever from this area..they went through a murderers row of state and national teams that year and won state and finished ranked nationally..nuff said!!!
This is an Ohio message board...nuff said!!

That Chillicothe team was awesome. They were the best I have seen.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Goes back a little more than 10 years but Reedsville Eastern and Belpre 2001-2002 were awesome ball teams.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well the best team is last years Huntington Prep. Lol

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

Best team - Chilli 2007-2008.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Well the best team is last years Huntington Prep. Lol
:-D I think that goes without saying. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges with local public schools and recruited prep powerhouses.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman, are u referring to the eastern Reedsville win over whiteoak in 05? whiteoak 02 final four and 03 regional final and very close to another regional appearance In 05.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sparky wrote:ironman, are u referring to the eastern Reedsville win over whiteoak in 05? whiteoak 02 final four and 03 regional final and very close to another regional appearance In 05.
You know it sparky.

Return to “Boys Basketball”