District POY

timeout
Riding the Bench

Re: District POY

Post by timeout »

District 13 has already picked and I assume District 14 has also,,AP follows that.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Havent seen Dunn play. Allison is a stud. Only true D1 prospect Ive seen this year. Carries himself very well for a sophomore.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

After tonight's performance against Athens, Evan French should have solidified the D2 POY. 38pts, 28 in the first half.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Another vote for Justice....I only watched one game but he was being swarmed all over the court but never forced anything and had great pass after great pass for assists or should've been assists...in the second half he got a handful of looks and just didn't miss. Scored about 25 and really didn't even try to score.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Anyone know when they'll be released?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

warriornation wrote:After tonight's performance against Athens, Evan French should have solidified the D2 POY. 38pts, 28 in the first half.
District ... ?

French gets my vote for Mr. Basketball!

:mrgreen:

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The Associated Press all-Southeast District teams — which encompasses ALL teams from BOTH District 13 AND District 14 AND Fairfield Union — will be released on Tuesday, March 4 at 6:30 p.m. by the AP.

The District 13 Coaches Association team, as I'm told by District 13 Director and Vinton County boys basketball head coach Matt Combs, will be released around the time of the boys district finals or the week of the boys regionals.

Hope this answers your question.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Thanks Keyser, was hoping they would release it this week but I guess I will just have to wait :122245

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Don't want to play one against another but Flowers at Valley is a defensive force and just seems to "will" the Indians into position to win big games. Can pass and score with anyone in DIII. Just a great kid that represents the community as well, Not that DUNN does not. He is also a GREAT kid and a blast to watch! He plays with passion!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

D1 ... Tommy Bolte (Chillicothe)
D2 ... Evan French (Warren)
D3 ... Hayden Dunn (Valley)
D4 ... Beau Justice (Peebles)

Jankage11
Waterboy

Post by Jankage11 »

Dr chap I totally agree This team plays behind Flowers and he is there go to player down the stretch late in games! He scores, passes, and guards the other teams beat ball handler every game and still racks up a bunch of steals (8 against Minford) that being said I still think Dunn deserves this award too with his dominate post play so to me it's deserving either way! I look to see Dunn and Flowers both on 1st team all district and west on 2nd team all great kids and players! Good luck to them on the rest of their ride through the tourney!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote:Kyre Allison of 16-4 Portsmouth in D3.......not just because of his offensive skills, but what he does on the defensive end as well..........and for his size, 6-2, as good a rebounder as any player in the SE District.

I agree , Kyre Allison can do it all.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What number is Allison, biggdowgg?

Actually I need the names of these players for Portsmouth for the CONVO page ... #21? #1? and #3?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

93Bulldog wrote:What number is Allison, biggdowgg?

Actually I need the names of these players for Portsmouth for the CONVO page ... #21? #1? and #3?

Ky're is #3.

Sky Oliver is #1.

Not sure on #21. Alex Dickerson maybe?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Not sure if French has a chance to get DII POY for the State but he'll definitely get it in the district. I know some years multiple players are State POY so maybe he has a chance.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Bulldog93: Here are the numbers for the Portsmouth starting 5:

Kyre Allison......#3.....SO
Sky Oliver........#1.....JR
Isaiah Lisath.....#2.....SR
Alex Dickerson..#21....JR
Hunter Gibson..#33....JR

Sixth man: Kendall Reynolds....#24.....FR

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Jankage11 wrote:Dr chap I totally agree This team plays behind Flowers and he is there go to player down the stretch late in games! He scores, passes, and guards the other teams beat ball handler every game and still racks up a bunch of steals (8 against Minford) that being said I still think Dunn deserves this award too with his dominate post play so to me it's deserving either way! I look to see Dunn and Flowers both on 1st team all district and west on 2nd team all great kids and players! Good luck to them on the rest of their ride through the tourney!
I am with you on the first and second team picks Jankage. I only wanted to be sure that Flowers got Kudos for what he has done for our Indians. I would NEVER take anything from Dunn. He is also a force down low especially as a mid sized big man. ROLL TRIBE!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Warren's Evan French should not only be DII District POY but DII State POY. The last 2 seasons the Warriors are 46-5 in large part to French's ability but his leadership as well. Plays big in the big games and modest to boot.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

trojandave wrote:Bulldog93: Here are the numbers for the Portsmouth starting 5:

Kyre Allison......#3.....SO
Sky Oliver........#1.....JR
Isaiah Lisath.....#2.....SR
Alex Dickerson..#21....JR
Hunter Gibson..#33....JR

Sixth man: Kendall Reynolds....#24.....FR
Thanks

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

WarriorBlue wrote:Warren's Evan French should not only be DII District POY but DII State POY. The last 2 seasons the Warriors are 46-5 in large part to French's ability but his leadership as well. Plays big in the big games and modest to boot.
I agree Warrior, just not sure how voters outside the district will vote. I remember a couple years ago McKinley got it for Portsmouth in DIII so he does have a chance I believe.

Return to “Boys Basketball”