FUTURE OF LOGAN BASKETBALL

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Re: FUTURE OF LOGAN BASKETBALL

Post by hardhitter ll »

Stumblebum wrote:Next head coach at Logan will be "Howie!" Otherwise known as "The Stomp."
You must be sayin Logan is loaded with talent? :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Stumblebum wrote:Next head coach at Logan will be "Howie!" Otherwise known as "The Stomp."
You must be sayin Logan is loaded with talent? :lol:
The talent is there

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Logan grad wrote:Logan down 18 in 4th battling back to win in OT shows great heart and desire to not quit. Fisher with 40 yo lead Logan
Yeah I agree, great effort by the Chieftains; but for as how big Lancaster is as a school and how much closer the kids live to the school than Logan, the Gales honest to God are terrible and have been for a couple years now. They haven't even the best team in Lancaster the past couple years (FCA definitely has been better) and FC on most nights would give them a contest.

I guess that's what happens when having a poor biddy program catches up to you. A lot of the parents and kids put way too much stock in AAU in the lower levels. Also, in my opinion, while they have great kids and hard-working athletes, the best hoopers and athletes in that town are wearing green and white, or red and white not blue and yellow.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

formerfcfan wrote:
Logan grad wrote:Logan down 18 in 4th battling back to win in OT shows great heart and desire to not quit. Fisher with 40 yo lead Logan
Yeah I agree, great effort by the Chieftains; but for as how big Lancaster is as a school and how much closer the kids live to the school than Logan, the Gales honest to God are terrible and have been for a couple years now. They haven't even the best team in Lancaster the past couple years (FCA definitely has been better) and FC on most nights would give them a contest.

I guess that's what happens when having a poor biddy program catches up to you. A lot of the parents and kids put way too much stock in AAU in the lower levels. Also, in my opinion, while they have great kids and hard-working athletes, the best hoopers and athletes in that town are wearing green and white, or red and white not blue and yellow.
Agreed!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan evens record with 56/50 win over Gallipolis............1-1.........2-2

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Wow, the naysayers are certainly quiet these days....... :mrgreen:

With win today, Logan is now 7-3 headed to the Warrior Dome next Friday night. Big SEOAL matchup looming. Fisher will need to play within himself and not get into foul trouble and Logan will need to get quality games from Cox and Smith imo. Best of Luck to Coach Helber and the Chiefs!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Logan grad wrote:Wow, the naysayers are certainly quiet these days....... :mrgreen:

With win today, Logan is now 7-3 headed to the Warrior Dome next Friday night. Big SEOAL matchup looming. Fisher will need to play within himself and not get into foul trouble and Logan will need to get quality games from Cox and Smith imo. Best of Luck to Coach Helber and the Chiefs!
I watched them last night and they were crisp, quick and anticipated well.....good team that should give many match up problems.

I thought #14 made them go. Two bugs are very productive. #1 was very active and did a lot even though he didn't score much.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

7-3 with at least 2 of those losses being highly competitive (Unioto pulled away in the last 5 minutes and the Portsmouth game was down to the wire)

I was impressed with the Chieftains when I saw them early on and thought they had solid enough depth to compete. It's going to be tough on the road to Warren, but a tight game wouldn't surprise me in the least.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Logan grad wrote:Wow, the naysayers are certainly quiet these days....... :mrgreen:

I watched them last night and they were crisp, quick and anticipated well.....good team that should give many match up problems.

I thought #14 made them go. Two bugs are very productive. #1 was very active and did a lot even though he didn't score much.
I noticed sometimes Fisher plays too far under the basket. Several times he had to reach back to try and get a rebound or come back from under the board to shot. A hook shot would do his game wonders.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Welp..... Another season in the books. What will happen in the off season?

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

My guess, nothing.. But there is an answer in their own back yard....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

javagt wrote:My guess, nothing.. But there is an answer in their own back yard....
:122249 :122249 yes there is.....

newkidsontheblock
Waterboy

Post by newkidsontheblock »

curious to know witch direction you're considering the "backyard"?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

the berne union area.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

1987chieftains wrote:the berne union area.
I can't see Blevins not coaching at Berne in the near future.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

There could be a solution "In the house"

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Who would the in house solution be?

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

He has red hair, LOL

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

After Logan exceeded expectations this past season, are they actually looking for a "solution" or is it just people still being negative with no regard for results? (As in, NOTHING would have ever changed their minds about the coach.)

Early on this thread it was all doom and gloom (something like, "be lucky to win 10 games" as an example). Yet, Logan came through its tough schedule with double the amount of wins over the previous year and forged a tie for 2nd in the league (doesn't seem like many people had them anywhere near Portsmouth's level). I know they played some good teams close, including having Warren on the ropes on the road. Was this not considered a successful campaign?

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

With all things considered, it was a successful year. But, will be losing the big man in the middle and Cox another starter to graduation. When I said "in the house" maybe someone who coaches the opposite sex.

Return to “Boys Basketball”