Re: OFFICIAL CONVO 2014 PAGE

Post by 93Bulldog »

Some student section photos from the Convo ... https://www.facebook.com/tvcohio

by kent Sanborn: southernohiosportsphotos.com

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

bulldog, didn't Fairfield get to the district last year?

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

93Bulldog wrote:QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED ... YOU CAN LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ... HORLSEY INTERVIEW IS AT THE TOP ... YOU CAN FAST FORWARD THROUGH THE INTERVIEW, I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE CONVO AFTER WE GOT TALKING GIRLS BASKETBALL.

HERE IS THE LINK: http://wxtq.com/sports/2013/07/04/the-s ... -podcasts/
After many attempts the link will not open for me.
So is there a contingency plan for cancellation of Sunday's games, and if so when will they be played?
Thanks....oldtrojan

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sometimes the podcast won't play on internet explorer - I close explorer and use chrome or firefox if it won't play.

He didn't really give a contingency plan - only said that they will try and play unless snow emergency's have been issued.

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Quick question that has probably been discussed before: Why doesn't Ohio University allow the high school games to use the bleachers right on the floor for fans? I understand the excitement of getting to play at the convo, but that would help intensify the atmosphere.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

The team you have listed as Fairfield is red, but it is not Fairfield. And yes Sparky Fairfield played two games at the Convo last year. They beat Eastern Pike and lost to South Webster in the finals.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Sad you didn't bother to find out the name of even ONE of the St. Joseph players with their pictures. Oh well, we consider ourselves a TEAM. (It is an honor for high school kids to get their names in print.)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

highflyer: how bout instead of getting all butthurt about it, you tell him the names of these players so he could possibly, wait for it, ADD them to his page like others above have done? This ain't rocket science, son.*

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

O.K., Number 3 is Wulf Goheen and 21 is Troy Scott. I still find it strange they were the only ones without names. Wouldn't be hard to look at a roster.

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

Seriously? 93bulldog spends his non-paid time on this and you make a comment like that? He doesn't have to do anything! Maybe a polite private message with some names and links to photos would be a better approach. Some people are complete idiots. Not much gets me riled up, but that certainly did.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

highflyer wrote:O.K., Number 3 is Wulf Goheen and 21 is Troy Scott. I still find it strange they were the only ones without names. Wouldn't be hard to look at a roster.
Thank you!

I had so many things going I hadn't had time to work on the page.

I will do it now.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Softball7 wrote:Quick question that has probably been discussed before: Why doesn't Ohio University allow the high school games to use the bleachers right on the floor for fans? I understand the excitement of getting to play at the convo, but that would help intensify the atmosphere.
I asked that question when coach Horsley was in for an interview over the summer. I believe I still have it on podcast, I'll look. He gave good answers if I remember right, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly how he put it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

White Thunder wrote:The team you have listed as Fairfield is red, but it is not Fairfield. And yes Sparky Fairfield played two games at the Convo last year. They beat Eastern Pike and lost to South Webster in the finals.
It only took me an hour - but I did locate a Fairfield photo ... lol ... thanks for the heads up.

:mrgreen:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

strokn7 wrote:Seriously? 93bulldog spends his non-paid time on this and you make a comment like that? He doesn't have to do anything! Maybe a polite private message with some names and links to photos would be a better approach. Some people are complete idiots. Not much gets me riled up, but that certainly did.
Agreed...I don't usually care too much bout anything, but 93dog doing this service for nothing and guy gets on here whining about it? And highflyer still doesn't get the point as he also crying bout it in his follow-up post! He be like "St. Joe at the Convo....everybody on your knees." No thanks, son.*

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Appreciate the words art_vandelay and strokin7 ... but I just overlooked the St. Joe photos and names, I was in a hurry to get the page up after Wednesday's games and completely forgot. Having the names of the other 50 or so players/photos - and not St. Joe - is kind of rude on my part. It makes it look like I had no desire to give the Flyers any respect - and that just wasn't the case. It was a simple human error - and lets face - I make a ton of those on a regular basis.

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Appreciate the words art_vandelay and strokin7 ... but I just overlooked the St. Joe photos and names, I was in a hurry to get the page up after Wednesday's games and completely forgot. Having the names of the other 50 or so players/photos - and not St. Joe - is kind of rude on my part. It makes it look like I had no desire to give the Flyers any respect - and that just wasn't the case. It was a simple human error - and lets face - I make a ton of those on a regular basis.

8)

... I'll second that - he does make a ton of those regularly ... :mrgreen:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Got to back 93 here. I'm sure he doesn't see St. Joseph's and may have a hard time getting a roster. He does a lot of work on this. All you had to do was get him names and a roster instead of being a butt head. In the convo. Looks like there's only 12 games this year. It seems the cost pushed the girls out. Also OU saying they will tow cars and making a big deal out if it is just stupid but not surprising. I look for them to push district games out soon just like they did the State Legion baseball tournament. Actually with the exception of a few key match ups the atmosphere would be greater with these games in a high school.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Sorry, Kinda new here and didn't know this was just an individual doing the page. I thought (from the title) this was from the official program from the district. I did think the page looked very nice and appreciate anyone who takes time to support all our youth sports. Didn't mean to sound ugly!! Sorry.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:I look for them to push district games out soon just like they did the State Legion baseball tournament.
Arrrgggghhhh ... please don't say that ... I'm still not over losing one of my favorite events (the state legion tournament).

But this situation is much different. We don't have an Al Beavers, building a million dollar basketball facility in Lancaster, trying to steal the district tournament away ... 8)

The towing thing is in regard to parking UNDERNEATH the Convo - and it has to do with Homeland Security. They now have protocols in place, after the Boston Marathon bombing, that doesn't allow parking underneath a large venue (like the Convo). I believe residents at the Convo, OU workers, etc ... etc ... who have yearly passes are still allowed. But you can't charge people and have fans park underneath it anymore.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

highflyer wrote:Sorry, Kinda new here and didn't know this was just an individual doing the page. I thought (from the title) this was from the official program from the district. I did think the page looked very nice and appreciate anyone who takes time to support all our youth sports. Didn't mean to sound ugly!! Sorry.
No problems. I should change the title then so it does not appear that way.

Thanks

Return to “Boys Basketball”