Evan French DII SEO POY for 2nd year in a row

Whs95fan
S

Evan French DII SEO POY for 2nd year in a row

Post by Whs95fan »

Congrats to Reece and Michael for making second team as well.

First Team
Ibi Watson, Athens, 6-4, So., 18.6; Joe Burrow, Athens, 6-4, Jr., 16.1; Dillon Young, Circleville Logan Elm, 6-0, Sr., 20.4; Conner Eckles, Washington C.H. Washington, 5-9, Sr., 16.0; Jared McCray, Minford, 6-6, Sr., 15.7; Evan French, Vincent Warren, 6-4, Sr., 23.5
Player of the Year: Evan French, Vincent Warren
Coach of the Year: Doug Stiverson, Circleville Logan Elm
Second Team
Nick Corcoran, Chillicothe Unioto, 6-2, Jr., 17.2; Logan Thompson, Circleville Logan Elm, 6-2, Sr., 16.1; Tyler Slone, Wash. C.H. Washington, 6-2, Sr., 13.3; Will Giffin, Circleville, 6-3, Jr., 10.3; Jordan Barr, Lancaster Fairfield Union, 5-9, Sr., 20.7; Cedric Pettiford, Wash. C.H. Miami Trace, 6-4, Jr., 16.4; Brandon Rowe, Minford, 6-0, So., 16.5; Tyler King, Thornville Sheridan, 6-2, Sr., 10.3; Braden Riley, Marietta, 6-5, Sr., 15.6; Reece Patton, Vincent Warren, 6-3, Sr., 13.8; Michael Hall, Vincent Warren, 6-6, Jr., 15.6
Third Team
Kyle Smith, Circleville, 5-9, Sr., 9.3; Wes Jarrell, Gallipolis Gallia Academy, 6-4, So., 10.3; Damon Jones, Pomeroy Meigs, 6-3, Sr., 13.0; Ryan Faulconer, Greenfield McClain, 6-3, Jr., 14.3; Luke Fox, Thornville Sheridan, 6-0, Jr., 9.6; Colin Russell, New Lexington, 6-1, Sr., 12.2; Alex Owings, McArthur Vinton County, 5-10, Sr., 10.5
Special Mention
Ryan Luehrman, Athens; Erique Hosley, Chillicothe Unioto; Nick Overly, Chillicothe Unioto; Trent Congrove, Circleville Logan Elm; Reed Hugus, Circleville; Garret Phipps, Wash. C.H. Washington; Trevor Smith, Wash. C.H. Miami Trace; Reid Eastman, Gallipolis Gallia Academy; Isaiah English, Pomeroy Meigs; Zach Young, Hillsboro; Luke Barnett, New Lexington; Tyler Neal, Jackson; Tyler Fisher, Thornville Sheridan; Jordan Albright, McArthur Vinton County; Corey Hill, Marietta; Andrew Drayer, Vincent Warren

http://www.athensohiotoday.com/sports/l ... 1f279.html

thill2010
JV Team

Re: Evan French DII SEO POY for 2nd year in a row

Post by thill2010 »

How the hell is Evan French POY when Dillon Young has done way more than French this year

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

thill2010 wrote:How the hell is Evan French POY when Dillon Young has done way more than French this year
You serious, or just being a troll?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Crab's brother wrote:
thill2010 wrote:How the hell is Evan French POY when Dillon Young has done way more than French this year
You serious, or just being a troll?
He's serious. He also wanted Stiverson fired last year.

This is the AP list, Young was POY for District 13 for the Coach's and French was for District 14.

Congrats to Evan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats Evan. I'm glad he's a senior. Always kills Athens lol

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats Evan.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

EASY... Cause French is a better player

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

French gets POY, Stiverson gets COY. Call it a draw? I'm curious, what would Logan Elm and Warren look like without Young and French respectfully?

Congrats to all players mentioned on the all district teams!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

The Southeast District POY should be decided Saturday night in the Logan Elm-Warren game

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

thill2010 wrote:The Southeast District POY should be decided Saturday night in the Logan Elm-Warren game
Using that logic it would be the same result though? :122245

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

I'm interested in what you mean by "way more." Would you mind elaborating on that?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They could have done co-players ... but if I had my choice and HAD to pick one player to start a team with - it would be French. A big 6'4 frame, a rebounder, an underrated passer and one of the best pure shooters I have seen since Tyler Evans.

I guess if they were splitting hairs to come up with a choice for P.O.Y they may have looked at those things as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

My argument for Young would involve him being involved with about 70% of their shots, either taken by him or set up by his passing. He is incredibly vital to any success that the Braves have. That is not saying that French isn't, but French has 2 other guys who could completely pick up the slack, while Young really has 1.

Either way, you're not going to make a bad decision with who you would go with. Both are outstanding players who any young kid would be smart to emulate their game to match.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… Congratulations to Evan on his well deserved recognition as POY … great basketball players, great kid in general … I stay out of the this one is better than that one for this reason or that reason - I only know that both Evan French and Dillon Young can play for my team any day of the week LOL … it should be a dandy this weekend with Warren vs Logan Elm for the District Championship …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:… Congratulations to Evan on his well deserved recognition as POY … great basketball players, great kid in general … I stay out of the this one is better than that one for this reason or that reason - I only know that both Evan French and Dillon Young can play for my team any day of the week LOL … it should be a dandy this weekend with Warren vs Logan Elm for the District Championship …

Sad thing is, Floyd ... If Eastern girls play Newark Catholic in the regional finals ... it's Saturday night!

I'm seriously contemplating over going to Pick-Town to see the Lady Eagles (instead of Warren/Logan Elm) ... I must be one twisted individual ... lol

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Congrats Mr French! District POY back to back very impressive and well deserved. A leader on and off the court. On senior night one of the players said about Evan "He is the kid EVERYBODY'S parents wants them to be friends with" A 4.0 GPA Just a winner in every since of the word.
Job well done Evan job well done

Return to “Boys Basketball”