Peebles vs. Africentric Regional Semi 3/11

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs. Africentric Regional Semi 3/11

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:I see africentric shuttin justice down to less than 20 pts..peebles supporting cast best show up or their in for a long night
We just need to limit fast break opportunities, fight for rebounds, and force them to beat us from the perimeter. Believe it or not I actually agree with most of what you are saying minus Beau being held to under 20. He was able to score 23 against them last year with another 20+ppg scorer on the team. For Beau to finish the game under 20pts it will require a double team or some form of box/diamond and 1 defense with an elite athletic defender to face guard him the entire time. If our guys are hitting shots, which I feel they will after playing two games in a row on that court, we can beat this team. Are they more athletic than us? Yes. Are they bigger than us? Yes, but good coaching and execution can often counteract those two things. Are they better at the nuances of the game? I don't think so. If they are let's have them prove it by forcing them into a jump shooting team. If we treat the game like an open gym, which I'm confident coach Arey would not allow so it is probably a mute point, then yes, this game could be over early. No need to drum in that point.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

D4 players need to play D1 players regularly on the off season to get used to the pace, strength etc, one problem with a squad like Peebles is theyre a good D4 team playing other D3\4 teams in their AREA, when they get outside their comfort zone they play scared, unfortunately even their star player, Portsmouth game was a good example. Its going to be an interesting game, maybe they will prove me wrong. Has nothing to due with private or public, if you can play then you can play period.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:D4 players need to play D1 players regularly on the off season to get used to the pace, strength etc, one problem with a squad like Peebles is theyre a good D4 team playing other D3\4 teams in their AREA, when they get outside their comfort zone they play scared, unfortunately even their star player, Portsmouth game was a good example. Its going to be an interesting game, maybe they will prove me wrong. Has nothing to due with private or public, if you can play then you can play period.
Beau regularly plays against the highest rated players in the country(Luke Kennard, AJ Harris, etc) all summer long every year and he is one of the leading scorers for one of the best AAU teams in the state. I don't think he is scared of Portsmouth or Africentric. I was not at the Portsmouth game this year but I was told he was sick at the time. Again, I can't say one way of the other if this is true but it would be a reasonable explanation for a poor game if it is.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Cmon its not a fair comparison Kennard to Justice Not as many 6'5" shooting guards that can take the ball to the hole and dunk on a 6'8" center versus a 6'0" pure shooter, there are thousands of them.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:Cmon its not a fair comparison Kennard to Justice Not as many 6'5" shooting guards that can take the ball to the hole and dunk on a 6'8" center versus a 6'0" pure shooter, there are thousands of them.
I'm not comparing them. He plays against those guys.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Game day. Good luck to the Indians!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

blackcobra1 wrote:D4 players need to play D1 players regularly on the off season to get used to the pace, strength etc,.
The problem is DI players routinely ending up on DIV squads in larger metropolitan areas, then they pat themselves on the back for beating small rural teams and you and others dont see a problem with it. Nothing wrong with the off season stepping up your game and competing with better players to make you better, but when teams like Africentric, Harvest Prep, Cleveland Villas Angela St Josephs and others are small in enrollment, yet attract DI talent its hard to compete.

You could make all star teams from each county in southeast ohio that would have a very difficult time of competing with some of these programs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE PEEBLES.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Game day..GO INDIANS!!!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

who does justice play aau for?

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

eagles73 wrote:
blackcobra1 wrote:D4 players need to play D1 players regularly on the off season to get used to the pace, strength etc,.
The problem is DI players routinely ending up on DIV squads in larger metropolitan areas, then they pat themselves on the back for beating small rural teams and you and others dont see a problem with it. Nothing wrong with the off season stepping up your game and competing with better players to make you better, but when teams like Africentric, Harvest Prep, Cleveland Villas Angela St Josephs and others are small in enrollment, yet attract DI talent its hard to compete.

You could make all star teams from each county in southeast ohio that would have a very difficult time of competing with some of these programs.
It is hard for rural teams to compete with teams from metropolitan areas. That's what is so great about athletics. The movie "Hoosiers" comes to mind. I for one, can remember an undefeated Georgetown team (very rural) beating a VERY GOOD Harvest Prep (very metro) team at the Schott a few years back. That's what makes these games so great. Every now and then, the little guys win and it makes it that much better.

With all that being said, I see Peebles and Fairfield both getting beat by 15-20. I hope I'm wrong.

coachcook
Riding the Bench

Post by coachcook »

7 District Championships games head to head I believe in D4 around Ohio

Private 3 wins Public 4 wins

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:who does justice play aau for?
Team Work, formerly CBIZ, out of the Akron area.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Myra Fleener wrote:
eagles73 wrote:

It is hard for rural teams to compete with teams from metropolitan areas. That's what is so great about athletics. The movie "Hoosiers" comes to mind. I for one, can remember an undefeated Georgetown team (very rural) beating a VERY GOOD Harvest Prep (very metro) team at the Schott a few years back. That's what makes these games so great. Every now and then, the little guys win and it makes it that much better.

With all that being said, I see Peebles and Fairfield both getting beat by 15-20. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm a huge Hoosiers fan, and the Georgetown game is a great example, but these are INCREDIBLY rare occurrences. Especially Hoosiers, which happened at a time when all schools competed in the same tournament.

I think the debate is worth having, because as a previous poster pointed out, small metro schools packing the floor with D1 talent and patting themselves on the back defeats the purpose of dividing the tournament into different school sizes.

On another note, it is great to see the amount of support from not just Adams County, but all of Southeast Ohio. Our boys really feel like they're playing for all the small schools out there. I just want to say thanks, on behalf of the rest of my Tribe.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Gotcha, agree 100% I hope they pull it out but with teams like harvest prep, etc drawing from all metro area it's hard to get 3 or 4 justices on one team I rural areas

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Broadcast?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

5-0 Peebles!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

KrAm wrote:Broadcast?
C103.fm is broadcasting the game on their site.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

10-0 run by Africentric. 10-5 Nubians.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

21-10, the D1 Nubians lead.

Return to “Boys Basketball”