New Coach in Marauderland?

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Re: New Coach in Marauderland?

Post by Bart Kowski »

You are the one who has bragged about being a teacher/coach at MHS. I figure you overheard some talk in the teachers lounge from the cool teachers who usually ignore you and you came home to the basement at grandmas house to post your new findings after she made your favorite snack. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bart Kowski wrote:You are the one who has bragged about being a teacher/coach at MHS. I figure you overheard some talk in the teachers lounge from the cool teachers who usually ignore you and you came home to the basement at grandmas house to post your new findings after she made your favorite snack. :lol:

Are you really on the mothers/grandmas basement stuff again? All of my grandparents are dead you butt plug. Just stop with the same tired stuff. If I say I live in my moms basement, (even though she doesn't have a basement in her home) will you come up with some new material?

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Post by Bart Kowski »

That all you got? I guess I am not surprised. For someone who crows about his own intellect, I thought I might get better. But then I read through your posts where you attack kids and coaches and I see you for what you are............pathetic.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bart Kowski wrote:That all you got? I guess I am not surprised. For someone who crows about his own intellect, I thought I might get better. But then I read through your posts where you attack kids and coaches and I see you for what you are............pathetic.
You sure talk big behind a keyboard. You'd surely not have the marbles to say this to my face or anyone else's face. That makes you pathetic. That is all.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'm really just done arguing. It's so dumb. I think you're actually convinced I live at home with my mom. That can be true in your world. Just move on. Also, for a person with "intellect" you should know better than to start a sentence with a conjunction like "but".

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

"Marauderland" has been mediocre (or, worse) for so many years it's unbelievable. They will continue to be mediocre (or, worse). With all due respect to the new coach, they're not going to leave him alone and let him do his job.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Marauderland will not be mediocre in a few years, lots of talented boys as Sophomores and Freshmen....Lately kids signing up to play basketball has been down, this year over 50 kids have signed up!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:Marauderland will not be mediocre in a few years, lots of talented boys as Sophomores and Freshmen....Lately kids signing up to play basketball has been down, this year over 50 kids have signed up!!!
This years freshman class has a lot of potential.

ckbetz
Waterboy

Post by ckbetz »

There are 3 years in a row with basketball skill and knowledge.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Just reading sounds like a lot of drama but I to have been hearing about things down there that just doesn't add up. Like kids sitting the bench that are actually better then the underclassmen that are playing.shame on the influential parents and or coaches that are making this happen and shame on the fans that standby and let it happen.the fans need to stick together and protest in front of school asking why is this happening. This needs to stop it seems like all you hear about is freshmen and sophomores down there isn't there any juniors and seniors. The word is it is the same for football and basketball.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:Just reading sounds like a lot of drama but I to have been hearing about things down there that just doesn't add up. Like kids sitting the bench that are actually better then the underclassmen that are playing.shame on the influential parents and or coaches that are making this happen and shame on the fans that standby and let it happen.the fans need to stick together and protest in front of school asking why is this happening. This needs to stop it seems like all you hear about is freshmen and sophomores down there isn't there any juniors and seniors. The word is it is the same for football and basketball.
I think for the most part the drama is going away at Meigs...As parents we all think our own children should be starting or seeing more playing time. However we aren't in the practices to see what is going on. The reason I'm saying things seem to be changing is...There were at least 4 Freshmen that seen a lot of playing time on the Varsity Football team (3 of them lettered)

In Basketball so far they are selecting the proper talent of what they have seen so far in practices and I hate to say it, the talent is mostly on the Sophomore and Freshmen level. There is only One Senior and 3 Juniors playing basketball.

In Baseball, last year 3 Freshmen started and this year there more than likely will be a few more to possibly make and start at the Varsity level.

Many may say that it's a "If you have a name" you will be playing. That isn't all that true. My son doesn't have a big name, but he has the talent and they see it. He was one of the Freshmen that lettered in Football this season because he worked his butt off, In which is what he will have to do in basketball and baseball as well.

Take a look at Athens Football, Basketball and Baseball and their Senior Class this season and all the success they are having. Groups like this doesn't come around very often for programs, and it just so happens that here at Meigs, we have that special group of boys Coming up in the Sophomore, Freshmen and even the 8th Grade. So within the next few years, I truly believe you will be seeing Meigs at the Top of the TVC OHIO in all 3 Sports.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

"Marauderland" will be mediocre for the next dozen years, because "Marauderland" is a mediocre program. If parents ever get out of management, "Marauderland" may be able to build a good program. I'm not holding my breath for THAT to happen.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Stumblebum wrote:"Marauderland" will be mediocre for the next dozen years, because "Marauderland" is a mediocre program. If parents ever get out of management, "Marauderland" may be able to build a good program. I'm not holding my breath for THAT to happen.
You will be coming back here in a few years and saying how wrong you were.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Don't know this for sure but just heard one of the problem coaches/parent is coaching the jv. If you only got rid of half the problem you still have a problem. Word is you will see his son playing varsity soon. I don't know the man or the son but from what I here the boy is definitely not ready for varsity.I hope this is not true and hope you get things straightened out down there.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:Don't know this for sure but just heard one of the problem coaches/parent is coaching the jv. If you only got rid of half the problem you still have a problem. Word is you will see his son playing varsity soon. I don't know the man or the son but from what I here the boy is definitely not ready for varsity.I hope this is not true and hope you get things straightened out down there.
For one the JV Coach is Coach Jewell and doesn't have a kid on the team. The person your talking about is the Asst. Varsity Coach and the 7th Grade Boys Coach. And his son is on the JV team. His son has improved, but not sure if he will see Varsity time or not. Only time will tell.

What really bothers me is that you always here people say "oh he is the coaches son, of course he is gonna get to play" Trust me I have heard this in the 17 years that I have coached. It is not our fault as a parent that we were blessed with kids that do deserve the spot and that does have the talent. Fact is it's not always favorable to the children of the coaches, because we are more harder on them and if they mess up, they are taken out of the ball game or benched more than any other kid.

I made the reference of the Eastern Lady Eagles and their success, But was anyone ever saying that the Coaches Daughter was only getting playing time because her Father was the Coach? She was playing because of her skills and talent and no one questioned it.

Bottom line for Meigs Basketball. The decisions on who plays is up to Coach Fry, Coach Jewell and Coach Betzing, in which DO NOT have kids on the team.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

You know coach k you are right there is way to much wrong information on these sites thanks for the right info.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Where is the preview for meigs on the 28th

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Where does meigs play the preview on the 28th.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:Where does meigs play the preview on the 28th.
They aren't doing a preview because several of the kids and coaches are out of town for the Holiday.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Bummer. Thank you for the info

Return to “Boys Basketball”