Ironton St. Joseph ---- 56

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Re: Friday Dec. 19th scores & schedule

Post by Blackcobra »

mray23 wrote:HALFTIME
Wilmington 53
Miami Trace 16

Wilmington is the best team I've seen in a LOOOONG time. they have size, quickness, they can shoot the lights out, they have a suffocating press and the crash they boards with ferocity. everybody else in the SCOL is fighting for 2nd place, they won't be challenged in the league.
They will not be challenged by anyone listed on this site. They wil lose in the tourney, due to their coaching, it's sad to watch and comical at times.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

"Peebles wins. Beau Justice with his second 40pt outing(42) in 5 games. Tanner Arey(12pts), Arrasmith(12pts), and Cameron Gordley all impressed in this one. This may be a little early but I am predicting Gordley will develop into the best player in the SHAC next season and Arey won't be far behind. I was impressed by the fight Eastern showed in the first half."

Yes TribeManiac, reminiscent of when Peebles was up by 20 and they'd leave his brother in to score more. Seriously? Good player but it appears the staff is pressured to keep him in from most vantage points, otherwise what's the reasoning.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

UKPROF wrote:"Peebles wins. Beau Justice with his second 40pt outing(42) in 5 games. Tanner Arey(12pts), Arrasmith(12pts), and Cameron Gordley all impressed in this one. This may be a little early but I am predicting Gordley will develop into the best player in the SHAC next season and Arey won't be far behind. I was impressed by the fight Eastern showed in the first half."

Yes TribeManiac, reminiscent of when Peebles was up by 20 and they'd leave his brother in to score more. Seriously? Good player but it appears the staff is pressured to keep him in from most vantage points, otherwise what's the reasoning.
Game was tied at the half and he was pulled with 3 minutes to go in the game.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

smzgc03 wrote:Trimble 79
Miller 52
On a bright note Elijah Rader from Miller reaches the 1000 point club
would like to add that the folks from Trimble showed true class in joining the home team in a standing "O" for Rader when the game was stopped for his acomplishment.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

by Regulator » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:45 pm

oneoak wrote:
Final

Oak Hill 61
Waverly 53

How does this happen?
Seen both teams and no way should Oak Hill beat Waverly. What is going on with Waverly. I know, you will say they are young, but how many times has a Waverly Team beat a Persin coached Team over the last 8 Years? I am guessing less than 3 or 4 !!

Regulator,
I'm not sure how it happens. Waverly has the athletes, they're just not putting it together. They lost 90% of their offense from last year and no one has stepped up consistently to fill the void. They aren't taking care of the ball, making poor decisions, missing too many easy shots including FT's, giving up way too many layups on defense and so on. Not playing sound basketball right now. They looked great in the first half against Minford but since haven't played they way they are capable. No way should West and Oak Hill beat them. I was worried about size coming in but neither West or Oak Hill is bigger. Waverly has no Senior leadership, only two seniors on the team (one hasn't played H.S. Ball and the other won't be available until game 12). Garrett should add some scoring options for the Tigers once he's available.
Tigers have to keep working and hopefully it all comes together.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

One of the reasons is Oak hill only has two seniors on the team with three freshmen on the floor with them most of the time. The other reason , Cox other than 16 at s.valley has been in a bit of a slump. Had 17 last night. Oaks have to have him scoring. Harrison , carrol (landon) has been stepping up picking up the slack. This will be a good team as the season goes on. They are very young group.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

65RedDevil wrote:Racine Southern 59, Wahama 57 Final
Last second shot!
THAT was a good game to watch, I don't think either team had more than a 5-6 point lead at any time. Played pretty clean as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oakfan wrote:One of the reasons is Oak hill only has two seniors on the team with three freshmen on the floor with them most of the time. The other reason , Cox other than 16 at s.valley has been in a bit of a slump. Had 17 last night. Oaks have to have him scoring. Harrison , carrol (landon) has been stepping up picking up the slack. This will be a good team as the season goes on. They are very young group.

… oakfan - I totally agree … Oak Hill WILL continue to improve as the season moves along … sometimes those seniors in "coaching" on the floor , knowing they have youngsters out there with them TRY to do more than they should … hard to let the youngsters learn from their mistakes … when Cox learns to let the kids make mistakes, learn, and HE ONLY does what he does best … the Oaks will get through that learning curve quicker … I plan on making sure I see the Oak Hill youngsters during the regular season …

Return to “Boys Basketball”