Tuesday 1/6/15 Menu of Games ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Tuesday 1/6/15 Menu of Games ...

Post by smurray »

Watching too much NBA or something! I have never, ever seen a kid do something like that. I am sure he has learned his lesson though.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

oldschool wrote:
pfloyd wrote:… was he thrown out of the game ?

Yes, after receiving two technicals.....one for rim chin up and another for raising jersey??? to Minford student section??? Was there but just didn't see the shirt thing as I was not looking towards him at that point
I don't believe he was actually trying to 'show up' the Burg bench, but at the time he raised his jersey the bench was between him and the Minford cheer block (who I believe was the intended audience of whatever his t-shirt said).

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4th n Goal wrote:
oldschool wrote:
pfloyd wrote:… was he thrown out of the game ?

Yes, after receiving two technicals.....one for rim chin up and another for raising jersey??? to Minford student section??? Was there but just didn't see the shirt thing as I was not looking towards him at that point
I don't believe he was actually trying to 'show up' the Burg bench, but at the time he raised his jersey the bench was between him and the Minford cheer block (who I believe was the intended audience of whatever his t-shirt said).
I hope whatever the shirt said was worth the 2 1/2 games.

With that said, kids make mistakes and I'm sure he'll learn from this one.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

1st time seeing the falcons and they could easily end up in Columbus. They don't have a super star so to speak but they have 5 really good ball players and all can score. All they have to do is find the mismatch. They will win SOC. Gullion is a good kid from a good family, but he's still a kid. That's all it is.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… read on the OHSAA website that not only the 2 game suspension, he also can not ride with the team to/from the 2 suspended games or sit on the bench during the suspended games …

… high price for the TEAM to pay for one individual "to learn" … Minford has some good role players who will step up in the 2 games …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

wobycat wrote:1st time seeing the falcons and they could easily end up in Columbus. They don't have a super star so to speak but they have 5 really good ball players and all can score. All they have to do is find the mismatch. They will win SOC. Gullion is a good kid from a good family, but he's still a kid. That's all it is.
Tough sledding seeing as there are (1) other really good D2 southeast district teams this year. (2) a couple of East district teams that will be a force in the regionals. and last but not least (3) a central district team that is 9 times of 10 the favorite to win the regional at the Convo.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Won't copy all the posts but all very good posts; 4th n Goal; thanks for that comment and from what I'm hearing you're 100% correct; wobycat Minford is an excellent team and I love your comment about finding the mismatch because Minford is not utilizing all their offensive weapons in the sense of ability to score IMO. Primarily a couple of players with plays run their way and others creating own shot or getting points through good decisions. Pfloyd, I looked that up also and that is exactly what I read. Makes the punishment even more severe. In this case, I think the punishment is much more severe than the actual intent of the crime but rules are rules. 93 Bulldog is certainly correct about the road to Columbus. I'm sure Unioto will have something to say about that as early as the sectionals. Might also have Circleville/ZT in that sectional? From what I understand, Minford played Unioto to a wash in their scrimmage but there's alot of ball that's been played and yet to be played until they possibly meet again. And then there's the Logan sectional to contend with at Athens, if you're fortunate enough to make it there this year. And I'd love to see how that plays out but will likely be watching at Unioto. Love the fact that the district is so competitive; makes for some great basketball and will ultimately bring attention to the Southeastern District as has happened in baseball with the strong SOC II play in recent years and Wheelersburg's amazing run. That brings credibility which brings interest which brings opportunities to our student athletes. Great insight into this subject by all! Very sorry it happened to such a good kid and hope Minford gets stronger during his time away rather than weaker!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

wobycat wrote:1st time seeing the falcons and they could easily end up in Columbus. They don't have a super star so to speak but they have 5 really good ball players and all can score. All they have to do is find the mismatch. They will win SOC. Gullion is a good kid from a good family, but he's still a kid. That's all it is.
Really! Let me remind you Minford is in Division 2. Other Division 2 teams will spank Minford! Keep it in perspective. For this area they are the best but Once they get out of this area and play other Division 2 schools they done! So Columbus I think not!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

then what wrote:
Really! Let me remind you Minford is in Division 2. Other Division 2 teams will spank Minford! Keep it in perspective. For this area they are the best but Once they get out of this area and play other Division 2 schools they done! So Columbus I think not!
I'm not saying a trip to Columbus will or will not happen. Minford is competing with these D2 schools from the north. At the SSU classic Minford lost to state champion team 2013 and runner up team 2014 (Columbus Bishop Watterson), at the buzzer, by 2. Also to mention that a very good Warren team beat Minford by 2 or 3 last Friday night at Warren. On a neutral court, the Falcons beat Warren. Based on these facts, I don't know how you can say Minford won't compete when I just stated proof that they have competed. Minford has a nice team this year and I believe Minford WILL continue to compete. Don't know how far their tourney run will go, but they do have a great opportunity. First they must focus on the season and getting that SOC champ title!

GO FALCONS!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Falcon Fury wrote:I'm not saying a trip to Columbus will or will not happen. Minford is competing with these D2 schools from the north. At the SSU classic Minford lost to state champion team 2013 and runner up team 2014 (Columbus Bishop Watterson), at the buzzer, by 2. Also to mention that a very good Warren team beat Minford by 2 or 3 last Friday night at Warren. On a neutral court, the Falcons beat Warren. Based on these facts, I don't know how you can say Minford won't compete when I just stated proof that they have competed. Minford has a nice team this year and I believe Minford WILL continue to compete. Don't know how far their tourney run will go, but they do have a great opportunity. First they must focus on the season and getting that SOC champ title!

GO FALCONS!!!
Minford has a team capable of making a good run, but they will likely have to beat one of Circleville, Miami Trace or Unioto to make it to the Convo and if they are successful in making it there, they will have to face likely Athens, Warren, or Logan Elm. As with any sport, they will have to be peaking at the right time and maybe catch a little luck, but who knows. Bottom line, whoever wins the D2 district title will have beaten 2-3 solid teams to get to the regional.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Vinton County will make up sits game with Gallipolis on Saturday, Jan. 17. It will be a triple-header at Centenary..

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

then what wrote:
Sad and bitter post; classless!

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Ployd.......Minford @ Valley 1/16 The game you want to see !

Return to “Boys Basketball”