Friday night SEOAL Logan (7-3) at Warren (10-2)

Logangrad
All State

Friday night SEOAL Logan (7-3) at Warren (10-2)

Post by Logangrad »

Been a long time since these two teams are playing with alot on the line in the SEOAL and not much talk about it. The Warrior Dome always a tough place to play and Logan will need to play lights out to get a W on the road. IMO Logan's Kevin Fisher needs to stay out of foul trouble and have a solid game. Logan needs more scoring from Cox and Smith to compliment Little and Fisher. A balanced game for the Purple and White will be key.

What say you?

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Friday night SEOAL Logan (7-3) at Warren (10-2)

Post by jottings »

Logangrad...I have Warren Local 9-2 overall. Is that right or did I miss a game? Thanks. Warriosrs games with Athens and Marietta have been reset.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

is there a way they both can lose?

:)

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Jottings, You are correct. Warren's record is 9-2.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Yes my fault

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Logan grad - or you're clairvoyant... :)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who won the Logan-Warren JV game Friday? Winner took over first place in SEOAL standings.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Warren JV won 52-36

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Warren going for the sweep?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

What was going on with the Warren students causing trouble along the baseline? I wasn't there but heard the Logan radio announcer and coach raving about it after the game saying it changed the game.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

That's just it, there was no problem with our student section. Our first home game our students asked the officials that night if they had to move up one row and the answer was no so our students stay but do move to the sides to allow room, now as far as our kids chanting and shouting that's part of the game and if the Logan coach wants to blame our kids and place blame on the tax payers of Warren Local School district for not passing our levy to build a better school as said in the Logan newspaper I have to say suck it up buttercup cause it is what it is!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

VINCENT — "Home-court advantage" took on a whole-new meaning Friday night as an intense, otherwise outstanding boys basketball game was somewhat tarnished by the sheer surroundings of Warren High School's ancient "Warrior Coliseum" gymnasium."
I'm going to go ahead and assume the guy that wrote the article is fairly young and a former Logan grad from reading the opening sentence of the article lol.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

bigbluedad wrote:That's just it, there was no problem with our student section. Our first home game our students asked the officials that night if they had to move up one row and the answer was no so our students stay but do move to the sides to allow room, now as far as our kids chanting and shouting that's part of the game and if the Logan coach wants to blame our kids and place blame on the tax payers of Warren Local School district for not passing our levy to build a better school as said in the Logan newspaper I have to say suck it up buttercup cause it is what it is!
I agree with you, you can't blame the student section for this, they were only doing what they were told that they were allowed to do! But you have to blame the administration/officials of this game. You have to give the opposing team room to at least inbound the ball. They dropped the ball on that, not the student section. I understand the way the gym is situated, but you can't let them stand on the sidelines, basically on the court.

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

I'll second bigbluedad. Were the students loud and distracting to the Logan players? Yes. Were the students near/on the floor? Yes. Did they influence the officials calls as was stated in the Logan newspaper? You've got to be kidding me!! Name one official who determines a call on the floor based on input from a student section and I will show you an official who isn't worth officiating a peewee game.

And there is NO way Warren's student section was responsible for causing ONE Logan player to receive a flagrant foul for flipping a Warren player to the ground or for causing a SECOND Logan player, who after committing a foul on a Warren player, to receive a technical foul for kicking the same player in the face, drawing blood. We won't even mention the fact that that same second Logan player left immediately after the game without participating in the postgame handshake.

Good sportsmanship at its finest...

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

WarriorNation123 wrote:I'll second bigbluedad. Were the students loud and distracting to the Logan players? Yes. Were the students near/on the floor? Yes. Did they influence the officials calls as was stated in the Logan newspaper? You've got to be kidding me!! Name one official who determines a call on the floor based on input from a student section and I will show you an official who isn't worth officiating a peewee game.

And there is NO way Warren's student section was responsible for causing ONE Logan player to receive a flagrant foul for flipping a Warren player to the ground or for causing a SECOND Logan player, who after committing a foul on a Warren player, to receive a technical foul for kicking the same player in the face, drawing blood. We won't even mention the fact that that same second Logan player left immediately after the game without participating in the postgame handshake.

Good sportsmanship at its finest...
Someone from Warren is talk about bad sportsmanship?? haha

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

FYI "the Guy" from the LDN has been the Sports Editor for over 20 years, graduated from Logan in 1980 and is a member of the LHS Hall of Fame for his long time dedication to Logan Athletics, the community and the school. But you cant sit back and say the student section wasnt a factor in the game??! :122246 Back to back inbounds plays and they were closer than they needed to be, thats all Im saying. At every other gym in the area, students arent allowed to be on the floor that close to the action and administrators usually step in to handle it. Its a shame that a great game had to be overshadowed by what may or may not of happened.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren has the worst place to play basketball that I know of. No side line for the players to stand the court is like playing on the old high school floors from the 60s. The court is even too short.. Like playing on a grade school gym.

Their coach deserves a better place.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

I must have to agree with the rest of SEO, and the TVC. Logan has become a bunch of cry babies. In past years they would take their beating like big boys but now ? C'mon man is that all you got, really ? Blaming the student section, the size of the gym ? Grow a pair !

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Where were the game officials? Man they are the ones in charge! And as far as the others involved! Remember what moon say's "Excurses are for Losers"

Return to “Boys Basketball”