Division 4 Sectional at Northwest

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Re: Division 4 Sectional at Northwest

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Western24 wrote:It really doesn't matter if PV loses tonight for the tournament draw because they play peebles and no one will move up or down from losing to peebles. You can't just put east in the 3 because of their record. you have to look at their resumes and who they have beat and who they have lost to. You give PV westerns schedule or Easts schedule the are only losing a max of 3 games to this point if the season. They def don't lose to Northwest and probably don't lose to clay. You have to look at the competition that PV plays against compared to East Clay and Western. Just because they are 10-7 and East is 10-4 or 11-4 or whatever doesn't put East in the driver seat for that 3 spot.
East is completely in the drivers seat, they lost to NW first game of season and their best player played 2 quaters and it was probably the worst game they played this year and lost by 6, the lost to. clay was legit, clay shot lights out at home. their lost to Raceland was an OT thriller without their best player and their lost to Western well we already been through that. East could and should only have 1 legit lose on the season. js. They control their own destiny

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

buckeyes911 wrote:
Western24 wrote:It really doesn't matter if PV loses tonight for the tournament draw because they play peebles and no one will move up or down from losing to peebles. You can't just put east in the 3 because of their record. you have to look at their resumes and who they have beat and who they have lost to. You give PV westerns schedule or Easts schedule the are only losing a max of 3 games to this point if the season. They def don't lose to Northwest and probably don't lose to clay. You have to look at the competition that PV plays against compared to East Clay and Western. Just because they are 10-7 and East is 10-4 or 11-4 or whatever doesn't put East in the driver seat for that 3 spot.
East is completely in the drivers seat, they lost to NW first game of season and their best player played 2 quaters and it was probably the worst game they played this year and lost by 6, the lost to. clay was legit, clay shot lights out at home. their lost to Raceland was an OT thriller without their best player and their lost to Western well we already been through that. East could and should only have 1 legit lose on the season. js. They control their own destiny
Not to mention their freshman big man and 2 transfers are coming along great right now.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

You obviously don't have any respect for other teams. And their schedules... You put east in PV conference they don't have a better record than PV. PV has a better resume without a doubt.. East's out of conference schedule is a cake walk.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Its High School Basketball lol, I have respect for the kids but the talent level around here on a school to school basis is not to big of a deal!!! You said PV "if " they played East,Clay or Western schedule they would have only about 3 Loses if that, Well I gave an example of why East should only have possibly 1 lose. I've seen PV play,East,ND, Peebles,Western,Clay and there's only 1 Beau Justice on Any of those teams,those kids don't make the schedule, they play the game. peebles is clearly "IMO the only team in that sectional that deserves a for sure seed, the rest of them should simply be on records alone. You don't know what clay,East or Westerns record would be if they played PV schedule. kids have bad games,career games etc, anything can happen!!! Tournament time it mainly comes down to guard play and I'm just saying I like East guard in Brown on a Big Floor

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Plus like I said, East has added to the Puzzle since 3 early Ls...

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Peebles stand alone because of their work and Beau Justice!!! With PV McCloy has the ability to go for 25/15, but is inconsistent. Swingle will take up tons of room. McFadden and Stratton are both very streaky shooters. Past that, the Bearcats fall off, with that being said makes them very suspect on any night vs any of those top teams in that sectional. BESIDES BEAU JUSTICE, EAST HAS THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THAT SECTIONAL. TO BE CONTINUED :

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

PV lost to Lynchburg, Lynchburg struggled with North Adams and lost to Waverly...Waverly just lost to Northwest. What makes PV so deserving of the 3 Spot with 7 Ls, 8 After tonight ? A few teams that have beating PV also have 7 Ls.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

North Adams has 14 Ls, Played Lynchburg to a 66-61 lose. Lynchburg wins by 13/14 or PV. ND beats North Adams, Eastern Kills North Adams,My point is PV can't be that deserving of any seed because they didn't take care of work in front of them night in and out like other teams, no matter what League they're in. Eastern only lost by 3 to Piketon and piketon beat PV...East Plays Eastern to try and prove point Monday

Oddthomas
Waterboy

Post by Oddthomas »

Pvcats up 18-15 after 1!

Oddthomas
Waterboy

Post by Oddthomas »

Pv up 50 to 38 after 3!

Oddthomas
Waterboy

Post by Oddthomas »

Pv wins 76-73

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Oddthomas wrote:Pv wins 76-73
Wow, nice win for Paint Valley. I'm assuming we couldn't handle their size.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

So I'm guessing you will rethink what you said about PV? The are 5-0 or better against D4 teams. PV is peaking at a good time.

North Adams has 14 loses because they have lost their 3 best players. I'm guessing they took lynch to the wire with their players injury free.

Stratton for PV has over 1100 points and all you give him credit for is being a streaky shooter? If that's the case you know nothing about basketball. Be smart and give credit where it's due. Paint valley is without a doubt the most worthy of a 3 seed. Not to mention they could still get the 2

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye_monester »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Oddthomas wrote:Pv wins 76-73
Wow, nice win for Paint Valley. I'm assuming we couldn't handle their size.
Tribe their guards shot 78 percent from downtown. I'm not sure Stratton and McFadden missed a shot all night, didn't seem like it anyway. Their bigs did not hurt us near as much as 21 and 3.
Last edited by buckeye_monester on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Western24 wrote:So I'm guessing you will rethink what you said about PV? The are 5-0 or better against D4 teams. PV is peaking at a good time.

North Adams has 14 loses because they have lost their 3 best players. I'm guessing they took lynch to the wire with their players injury free.

Stratton for PV has over 1100 points and all you give him credit for is being a streaky shooter? If that's the case you know nothing about basketball. Be smart and give credit where it's due. Paint valley is without a doubt the most worthy of a 3 seed. Not to mention they could still get the 2
Not rethinking anything because Peebles has blown out teams that PV lost to. I'm not taking anything from anyone but 7 loses speaks for itself and the level of competition ain't that much of a difference as been proven. if PV was as good as their record then they would have a better record . they shot 80% from downtown and beat peebles, how often will that happen. we will see how it unfolds...bottom line is no matter where you're seeded to get to where you want you simply just have to win

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

buckeyes911 wrote:
Western24 wrote:So I'm guessing you will rethink what you said about PV? The are 5-0 or better against D4 teams. PV is peaking at a good time.

Not rethinking anything because Peebles has blown out teams that PV lost to. I'm not taking anything from anyone but 7 loses speaks for itself and the level of competition ain't that much of a difference as been proven. if PV was as good as their record then they would have a better record . they shot 80% from downtown and beat peebles, how often will that happen. we will see how it unfolds...bottom line is no matter where you're seeded to get to where you want you simply just have to win
Lol I guess their schedule is weak. Losing to a 19-0 D2 team twice is embarrassing, right? 13-5, 12-6, 11-6, and 11-7 are the records of the other teams they lost to, all D3. But, I'd compare those to losing to a 5-10 Northwest team. Don't give credit to beating the #2 team in D4 at their place either, I'm guessing Peebles is just a weakling as opposed to teams like Rose Hill and Northwest.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

And what do you think of West? Because they just got handled by the same Adena team that PV beat twice, including last night.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

This guy really knows nothing about basketball. He thinks Akia brown is the best player in the state of ohio behind Justice. And that east is going to the state championship.

I mean common they have only lost to teams that are in a higher division than them? 2 of their 7 loses came to and undefeated D 2 school. If you wanna talk about not playing anyone then talk about East because out of conference they play NOBODY... No disrespect to East. But PV is deserving. This guy literally thinks SOS doesn't matter lol.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote:This guy really knows nothing about basketball. He thinks Akia brown is the best player in the state of ohio behind Justice. And that east is going to the state championship.

I mean common they have only lost to teams that are in a higher division than them? 2 of their 7 loses came to and undefeated D 2 school. If you wanna talk about not playing anyone then talk about East because out of conference they play NOBODY... No disrespect to East. But PV is deserving. This guy literally thinks SOS doesn't matter lol.
Look at this sectional over the years and SOS doesn't matter

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

East lost to Northwest? ....the same team Jackson beat by 15+ to end their 36 game losing streak.

Return to “Boys Basketball”