D3 Convo District Predictions

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

D3 Convo District Predictions

Post by EasternDspy »

Here's my 1. Chesapeake 2. Portsmouth 3. Fairland 4. Valley 5. Zane Trace 6. Ironton 7. Alexander 8. West Union

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D3 Convo District Predictions

Post by EasternDspy »

If I had to match them up it be Peake vs West Union , Valley Vs Ironton , Portsmouth vs Alexander, Fairland vs Zane Trace

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I would say from Waverly: Valley, Portsmouth, Zane Trace, West Union
then from Jackson: Chesepeak, Fairland, Alexander, Oak Hill

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Ironton will improve and sneak in and beat Oak Hill if they were to play

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Southeastern is pretty darn good, so I'd look for them to make a hard push, especially if they are on. If they don't shoot well (like at Westfall Saturday) then they could be a one and done. Well coached and I'm guess Miles wants one more shot to win at the Convo after coming up short his first 3 years.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

West Union vs Southeastern could be a great game

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I anticipate 1st round upsets in the Sectionals. JMO

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Such as?

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

EasternDspy wrote:Such as?
As soon as I see the brackets, I will post them. I say this because of the parity I've seen to this point. Based on some of the games and the current records, some of the lower seeded teams, will actually be fairly decent teams that can pull the upset. I've seen most of the top D3 teams other than Chesapeake and none of them look like they're so much more superior than others. I believe in years past it was easier to predict.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Sunday March 8th is the big day at the Convo for area D3 teams. Four sectional semifinal games at the Convo, I cant wait!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Jimmy the Greek wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Such as?
As soon as I see the brackets, I will post them. I say this because of the parity I've seen to this point. Based on some of the games and the current records, some of the lower seeded teams, will actually be fairly decent teams that can pull the upset. I've seen most of the top D3 teams other than Chesapeake and none of them look like they're so much more superior than others. I believe in years past it was easier to predict.
I think Portsmouth's loss to Ironton just proved my point.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I personally don't think Oak Hill will make it out of sectionals this year.....JMO......I love Norm as a coach and think the world of him.......I just feel that this oak hill team is a year or two away from peaking........I think CHS, FHS, Alexander and SE would be the front runners from the Jackson sectional.....again.....JMO

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

hoopshothead wrote:I personally don't think Oak Hill will make it out of sectionals this year.....JMO......I love Norm as a coach and think the world of him.......I just feel that this oak hill team is a year or two away from peaking........I think CHS, FHS, Alexander and SE would be the front runners from the Jackson sectional.....again.....JMO
SE is in the Waverly Sectional. Now Nelsonville, Coal Grove, and Ironton might sneak out of this as well. Def. be some good matchups!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

My bad Regulate......you are right........I see any number of teams that have the teams to make it.......teams in this area are as equal as I have seen in a very long time.......maybe it will come down to coaching.....if that is the case....maybe I will take Oak Hill and Stormin'..........one thing is for sure.........it's gonna be fun to watch!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”