Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win

Post by Crab's Brother »

CCC wrote:
TornadoCagers wrote:No wonder Coach Shoemaker has the program "rolling". He's got officials who make no-calls at end of games and just so they can beat an average DIII league opponent in overtime. Does anyone know why a team so athletic at every position can't just play man to man defense?

That 1-2-2 boring zone that creates 0 turnovers will get them another district semi-final appearance hopefully. Maybe this great staff of four (I guess Kyle Rase doesn't count, see post above!) will teach them how to play TRUE defense in the last 3 weeks of the season.

You can say I'm raining on the parade. I just call them as I see them. I'm an AAU guy anyways, what do I Know?

Coach Ater and Coach Shoe switch teams and Minford wins by 35 tonight.
your exactly right thats what happened the first time they played this season minford won by 30. And by the way, your superior AAU knowledge has shown through. Minford played man to man defense almost the entire game.

Did we watch the same game?

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Crab's brother wrote:
CCC wrote:
TornadoCagers wrote:No wonder Coach Shoemaker has the program "rolling". He's got officials who make no-calls at end of games and just so they can beat an average DIII league opponent in overtime. Does anyone know why a team so athletic at every position can't just play man to man defense?

That 1-2-2 boring zone that creates 0 turnovers will get them another district semi-final appearance hopefully. Maybe this great staff of four (I guess Kyle Rase doesn't count, see post above!) will teach them how to play TRUE defense in the last 3 weeks of the season.

You can say I'm raining on the parade. I just call them as I see them. I'm an AAU guy anyways, what do I Know?

your exactly right thats what happened the first time they played this season minford won by 30. And by the way, your superior AAU knowledge has shown through. Minford played man to man defense almost the entire game.

Did we watch the same game?
I saw Minford in a man most of the game as well. Ugly win last night for the Falcons but a win is a win, whether it's by 2 or 30! GO FALCONS!

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Minford played man to man early on. Wheelersburg hung around. Somewhere around the end of the first quarter or beginning of the 2nd, Shoemaker calls timeout and they switch to 1-2-2 zone.

They play zone a fair amount of the game and the score goes from 1 or 2 pt lead to 9 in the third. (yes they played a few possessions of man during this.)

As Burg hung around, the staff got frustrated and thought they could turn up the pressure a bit by going man again. Wheelersburg again had their biggest quarter in the 4th when they were playing man to man defense.

It's not whether or not they played man or zone all game, it's that consisently that staff has taken superior talent and struggled to guard anybody in a man. And if you look at the results above in post 1, it's why he struggles to win anything in the postseason that matters. (His talent shouldn't equal sectional championships. McBee, McCray, Rowe just to name a few superstars of recent.)

I am not saying Coach Shoe is a bad coach all together. I am saying, the dude needs an assistant or someone to teach his kids how to guard man to man. It is what wins in the postseason. You will see when they meet up with a Logan Elm, Warren, whoever at the convo. like previous years that the 1-2-2 will get sliced apart. I'll leave my negativity at the doorstep until then.

I've never understood why people can't be critical on a message board. Would you like me to start a new thread that says Coach Shoe can't teach man to man or why can't Minford play defense? It's just a sports guy that enjoys talking basketball and watching SE Ohio basketball criticize what a coach does. Why is that illegal on this MESSAGE BOARD?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I did not intentionally leave off Kyle Rase, I was unaware he was on staff as when I was there I did not get to work with him.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/02/0 ... upset-bid/

career high against Minford... go figure.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

17 wins! Great Season so far!

49 Pts. AGAIN! Go Figure!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

TornadoCagers wrote:http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/02/0 ... upset-bid/

Thanks for the obvious! The Falcons are definitely struggling right now, however they keep winning. Don't know your obsession with hating on Minford, but thanks for the motivation and hopefully the players feed off of this!

GO FALCONS!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon Fury wrote:
TornadoCagers wrote:http://www.irontontribune.com/2015/02/0 ... upset-bid/

Thanks for the obvious! The Falcons are definitely struggling right now, however they keep winning. Don't know your obsession with hating on Minford, but thanks for the motivation and hopefully the players feed off of this!

GO FALCONS!!
They may be struggling, but they are learning how to win tight games, which comes from experience and (surprise, surprise) good coaching.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Lol at the amount of hate on this thread. Everyone with any relative lack of knowledge about the game of basketball knows great basketball teams can become complacent throughout a long winning streak, especially against teams they should blow out "on paper." You can tell your kids 1000000 times to be ready to play, and every game requires the same intensity, but it just doesn't always happen. Judge Minford by the way they play in their future big games(4 out of the next 5).

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

TornadoCagers is looking for anything to hate on. Its obvious he doesn't like Coach Shoemaker and it wouldn't matter if they won a state championship he would find something wrong. Cant please all. As a coach your going to have someone not happy with you at some point. What matters is the players and coaches believe in each other and Minford is taking everyones best shot right now and they keep on winning. Their are a lot of teams that would trade places with minford right now. With a rich tradition of basketball history like west has you would think "tornadercagers" would focus on their play more than minfords since hes from their.

Return to “Boys Basketball”