Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win

CCC
Riding the Bench

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win

Post by CCC »

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win vs. Waverly Tuesday night. Coach Shoemaker has moved into 3rd all-time in wins at Minford High School behind only John Strickland (244) and Ed Hall (193). Coach Shoemaker is 77-47 (0.620) from 2009-2015 as the Minford Head Coach and has 100 total wins including his time serving as PHS Head Coach from 2006-2009. In the most recent years he has posted the following records:
(14-7) record in 2011-12
(19-5) (SOCII CHAMPS/DISTRICT SEMIFINALS) in 2012-13
(19-4) (DISTRICT SEMIFINALS) 2013-14
(11-2) record in 2014-15 with a chance to win two SOC II titles in three years.

Great job and congratulations to all the current and former players that have helped Coach Shoemaker accomplish this goal.

knowledge
All Conference

Re: Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker on his 100th win

Post by knowledge »

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker, his hardwork and perseverance has paid dividends. He really has the Falcons program rolling!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker! Definitely has the Falcon basketball program rolling! GO FALCONS!

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

He may have the program rolling but he still has no district championships. I don't know if it's him, the team, or a combination, but that school should have won districts multiple years now. If they don't win it this year, then I have to start questioning his ability to lead superior talent versus inferior talent.

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

TornadoCagers wrote:He may have the program rolling but he still has no district championships. I don't know if it's him, the team, or a combination, but that school should have won districts multiple years now. If they don't win it this year, then I have to start questioning his ability to lead superior talent versus inferior talent.
Thanks for the positive remarks on a positive thread. If Minford doesn't win a district, regional, or state title in DII I would fire the whole staff and start new again.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

TornadoCagers wrote:He may have the program rolling but he still has no district championships. I don't know if it's him, the team, or a combination, but that school should have won districts multiple years now. If they don't win it this year, then I have to start questioning his ability to lead superior talent versus inferior talent.
Your momma failed you when she didn't teach you how to pay a compliment. Coach is doing great things for the Minford basketball program. Improving his record every year, undefeated in SOC II play with a two game lead this year. Building a program is exactly what the coaches of Minford are doing! Great job to Coach Shoemaker and staff!!! Keep rolling Falcons! #hatersgonnahate

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Josh on his 100th win.........I remember when he coached at Portsmouth how hard he worked to get the Trojans ready for gameday. I'm happy to see that same work ethic pay off at Minford. On top of that, he is a first class person as well.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Congratulations Coach Shoemaker and best of luck in winning several more this year!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Say what you want, but I guarantee you would be hard pressed to find a staff as good as Minford has. Josh Shoemaker, Kyle Copley, Benji Richards, and Butch Kelley. Two of those mentioned have varsity head coaching experience, successfully I might add, and Richards has had the choice of being a varsity coach. I am very impressed with my Falcons. Again, congrats to Coach Shoe on 100!

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Agree this is not the thread for these types of comments. I often get on here to share an opinion on Minford basketball and that is what it is....just an opinion with the hope that it edifies the program, not tears it down. Coaching at the Convo is a whole different ballgame (pun intended) that takes some time to adjust to. It's a process just like anything else but the reality is Minford is doing something right, especially in light of their lack of even making it to that level very often in their history. Prior to the Columbus Bishop Watterson game (a game Minford could have easily won) I researched the history of that program. Their coach I believe had around 30 years experience and they just now have become a program that competes at a high level year in and year out. The purpose of this site as I understand it is to throw some ideas around and give some food for thought (as many coaches certainly read this stuff) IMO because we want to see our schools, student athletes, and coaches succeed. I don't always agree with Minford's game plan, decision making, etc. but the fact is I am not the coach! As pfloyd says often, just sitting in the cheap seats. One thing I respect immensely is that Coach Shoemaker has stuck around despite a less than ideal situation for a coach at a school and I'll leave it at that. The players seem to enjoy being around the coaches from my vantage point and that says more than wins and losses and the fact is they are winning so that is a win-win! Any coach is going to tick someone off....probably a lot of people off. But sometimes you've gotta agree to disagree on some things but everyone should agree with the fact that this is a great milestone for a young coach who is one of our own Scioto County boys. Well done and hope to see Coach and the Falcons get a great start on the next 100 this season!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations coach.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Is Mr. Shoemaker any relation to the Shoemakers of Waverly and Paint Valley fame?

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

Congrats coach. He has that program going somewhere, unlike the last coach

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Congratulations Josh, well done.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

eagles 89 wrote:Congrats coach. He has that program going somewhere, unlike the last coach
I hope you are not referring to Coach Copley? :roll:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to Coach Shoemaker !!! doing a great job for the Minford Falcons !!!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats Shoe! I wish you continued success.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

No wonder Coach Shoemaker has the program "rolling". He's got officials who make no-calls at end of games and just so they can beat an average DIII league opponent in overtime. Does anyone know why a team so athletic at every position can't just play man to man defense?

That 1-2-2 boring zone that creates 0 turnovers will get them another district semi-final appearance hopefully. Maybe this great staff of four (I guess Kyle Rase doesn't count, see post above!) will teach them how to play TRUE defense in the last 3 weeks of the season.

You can say I'm raining on the parade. I just call them as I see them. I'm an AAU guy anyways, what do I Know?

Coach Ater and Coach Shoe switch teams and Minford wins by 35 tonight.

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

TornadoCagers wrote:No wonder Coach Shoemaker has the program "rolling". He's got officials who make no-calls at end of games and just so they can beat an average DIII league opponent in overtime. Does anyone know why a team so athletic at every position can't just play man to man defense?

That 1-2-2 boring zone that creates 0 turnovers will get them another district semi-final appearance hopefully. Maybe this great staff of four (I guess Kyle Rase doesn't count, see post above!) will teach them how to play TRUE defense in the last 3 weeks of the season.

You can say I'm raining on the parade. I just call them as I see them. I'm an AAU guy anyways, what do I Know?

Coach Ater and Coach Shoe switch teams and Minford wins by 35 tonight.
your exactly right thats what happened the first time they played this season minford won by 30. And by the way, your superior AAU knowledge has shown through. Minford played man to man defense almost the entire game.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

TornadoCagers,

This thread is about Coach Shoemaker's success!

So first .... Congrats to Coach Shoemaker on his recent success.

Minford is at the top of the league! They have taken everybody's best shot and are still undefeated in their league! That is a credit to the Minford players and their coaching staff!

Return to “Boys Basketball”