Re: Predict the District Championships

Post by osu »

JuanMorales wrote:great teams don't
Must not be many great teams around.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yes Oakfan! Finally someone talking with some sense.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford didn't go undefeated in the SOC

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Thanks Minford for proving me right. I just wonder if Shoe is giving the famous Dennis Green speech... "Valley is who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!!"

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

Is Oakhill who you thought they were?

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

All I'm saying is we may be bad this year but at least we have some past accomplishments. Minford has literally never done anything to write home about in high school sports. They talk the talk but at the end of the day walk back to muletown with their tails between their legs. Burg has state appearances and championships, so who care John mureles if we stink. It's almost baseball season. What has Minford done? They can't hardly win a sectional let alone a district final appearance!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yes they are. Average...

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

At least better than Burg and Minford. Wheelersburg isn't that bad for a baseball school.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Where are all the Minford folks? Ice storm ain't took the power out yet has it? But Minford wins the sectional every 5 years in every other sport so it fine. This is definitely their year!!!!!

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

What's the deal with Minford? They got a great record. The SOC 2 is a stout conference this year. They've beat the likes of Franklin Furnace, New Boston, and OVC. A win is a win even vs a team the caliber of wheelersburg. Oh well it's the same as a blowout in the record books

Bugs76
Waterboy

Post by Bugs76 »

Not one Minford fan has said anything on this thread. Its pathetic that the same person (Juan morales/savethenight/whollyschnikes) has so much animosity toward a team that had a good year.

Juan Morales hates on burg and minford, then burg fans get on here and hate on minford.

The same people (Juan morales/savethenight/whollyschnikes, etc.) hated on Minford when McBee played two years ago. Minford has never had consecutive years of winning and/or competitive basketball. Heck, they havent had many winning years in a row. Now, they are competitive and winning, all of a sudden they have critics for not winning enough. Im impressed that Coach Shoemaker and staff have a winning program in Minford and are competing and winning.

Valley and Coach Rolfe have a great program. They should/will go far in tournament. They know how to win (football/basketball) and always compete to the end.

However, I will join the critics: minford sucks, they should win state, their coach sucks, their players choke, they have a terrible athletic history.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I'm from Burg though...

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

Mcbee was a good pick up for minford. I'm just saying they are one maybe two guys away from being there.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Listen lieutenant dan, I'm no minford hater. In fact I think minford has had vastly superior talent for 5-6 years now (recruiting will do that.). However I do take issue with their staff and it's just my opinion.

I have watched for years a group of arrogant coaches who bend rules, call young players of other schools to play at minford, and recruit during aau and middle school games. I might also add recruit other soc assistants to join their staff.I just make these guys sleep in the bed they've made.

If minford wins a district title, I'll rest my case

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

TornadoCagers wrote:Listen lieutenant dan, I'm no minford hater. In fact I think minford has had vastly superior talent for 5-6 years now (recruiting will do that.). However I do take issue with their staff and it's just my opinion.

I have watched for years a group of arrogant coaches who bend rules, call young players of other schools to play at minford, and recruit during aau and middle school games. I might also add recruit other soc assistants to join their staff.I just make these guys sleep in the bed they've made.

This is 100% accurate, and anyone with a brain knows it's been going on for several years now. Their best player a few years ago was a move in. Their best player now, a move in. I'm sure Rowe simply wanted to play at the State Powerhouse that is Minford since they've won so many district titles the last 10 years and put so many kids in college to play..

That reminds me... Who from Minford has played in college the last 10 years?

Selling young kids and their families fake promises is going a little too far to "win."

And yes, Minford has had superior talent for years. They absolutely should have won the league, and it should have been in a cakewalk.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

D2
Minford vs Unioto

D3
Chesapeake vs Portsmouth
Zane Trace vs Ironton

D4
Peebles vs Eastern Pike
Trimble vs Paint Valley

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

D4hero wrote:
TornadoCagers wrote:Listen lieutenant dan, I'm no minford hater. In fact I think minford has had vastly superior talent for 5-6 years now (recruiting will do that.). However I do take issue with their staff and it's just my opinion.

This is 100% accurate, and anyone with a brain knows it's been going on for several years now. Their best player a few years ago was a move in. Their best player now, a move in. I'm sure Rowe simply wanted to play at the State Powerhouse that is Minford since they've won so many district titles the last 10 years and put so many kids in college to play..

Selling young kids and their families fake promises is going a little too far to "win."

And yes, Minford has had superior talent for years. They absolutely should have won the league, and it should have been in a cakewalk.
:lol:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

D4hero wrote:

Every teams has kids that move in and play sports over the years....well at least Minford, Valley, Portsmouth, West and especially Burg. It happens. Cry and b!tch all you want because your school didn't have any movers to help the year.

To try and single a school and coach out is being a baby. Has it been proven that Minford coaches actively recruited kids to come play sports? If it has I missed it......along with the harsh penalties that go along with it. Please educate me if I'm wrong

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

It's a shame to hear of all this recruiting and stuff going on at Minford.
Such a shame.
Do they have to declare ineligibility for the tournament to avoid sanctions and probation??

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

You all do realize that Austin McBee went to Minford til 7th grade right and then returned? Actually LIVES in Minford school district?

Return to “Boys Basketball”