Friday scores before the storm.....

enigmaax
All State

Re: Friday scores before the storm.....

Post by enigmaax »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:You're gonna go with that? You're coach was also on the floor yelling at Logan's big man for fouling someone. That's a MASSIVE no-no.
Addressed on the other thread. "On the floor yelling at..." is a gross mischaracterization. I'll just remind you that the player in question was the same one who kicked a player who was lying on the floor in the last game and then left the court after the game without shaking hands (this time it was just select folks who didn't get the courtesy).

I doubt it is a big secret that Logan's forte isn't sportsmanship, but it baffles me as to how the behaviors are defended, enabled, and even demonstrated by adults. My god, even the local sports writer explained away the complete mental implosion (beginning with two technicals) during the last game as the unfortunate by-product of the Warren student section's apparent Jedi mind control over the officials.
I am i no way defending actions that "this player" has done throughout the year. It does seem he has a short temper, and sometimes gets in the heat of the moment. As for saying all of Logan "lacks sportsmanship," that my friend is a low blow.
It certainly isn't every single person from Logan. However, from a team standpoint, the character isn't presented well. When you have multiple student athletes who have received technicals, been thrown out of games (football), constantly mouth refs and opposing coaches and then, coaches/parents pass blame somehow onto officials, student sections, opposing coaches, facilities - I see that as a systematic issue. There were about 4 examples of actions by Logan fans/parents after the game last night that provide me all the insight I need into why Logan's players respond to competition/adversity the way they do. And it overshadows the vast skills improvement that the team made just since last year. It goes without saying that is just the opinion of this one person.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Racine Southern 73, Eastern Meigs 39 I believe. Stayed close for about 1 qtr.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Why did West only schedule 20 games?

Return to “Boys Basketball”