Trimble @ South Gallia

ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284
Waterboy

Re: Trimble @ South Gallia

Post by ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284 »

mtswngrvsg - Please explain how the power plants fund the school system. You must know something I do not. Can't wait to see your response.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Ill try and answer bucknut......a portion of everyone's property tax goes towards running and funding the county schools....what each property owner pays is based on the VALUE of their property....therefore.....the value of Kyger Creek power plant is way up there....so they pay a big portion.....then you have AEP GAVIN plant......which pays even more......then the money is split in half to fund both the southern end and the northern end of the county.....its not that simple....but you get the idea

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

You are exactly right hot head. What big industry is on the south end of the county???????? It's a shame the students at rv have to play in that God awful gym. I'm glad the people on the south end are happy with their gym because the kids on the north end were done wrong by the board because the south controlled it. More73 it's easy to appreciate something that you have when someone else is paying for it.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Prep Expert wrote:You are exactly right hot head. What big industry is on the south end of the county???????? It's a shame the students at rv have to play in that God awful gym. I'm glad the people on the south end are happy with their gym because the kids on the north end were done wrong by the board because the south controlled it. More73 it's easy to appreciate something that you have when someone else is paying for it.

sounds to me like river valley folks are still jealous of lil ole sg even after you guys beat us this year maybe its cause we have won titles and played at the convo a bunch recently and you guys haven't but that's ok. still pretty sad that folks keep griping when both schools have almost brand new places maybe time to stop griping :122249

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

You could give RV g.a. Gym or oak hills Jackson's doesn't matter what facility u play in dimensions are the same they just don't win. Let me rephrase that they don't win a lot of games because everyone wins eventually look at Jackson and g.a. Even they win.

ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284
Waterboy

Thanks, Hothead! Appreciate it. That definitely makes sense to me.

My thoughts on SG/RV if anyone cares:
South Gallia is the little brother who gets handouts and then brags when they beat lesser competition.

Here is a an example of what goes on within the County:
Ohio State in the Big 10 and finishes 7th in the conference and doesn't make the tournament in a given year.
Wright State wins their conference tournament and makes it to the dance the same year.
OSU and WSU played head to head earlier in the year and OSU handed them a loss. Yet, WSU brags about making the dance.

RV should have better facilities, equipment, etc. if all things were fair, but that's just not the case. It just isn't right that it's always a 50/50 split. RV brings in more tax dollars and has more students, yet is getting the shaft.

I'm curious, do SG people feel like they are getting a great deal out of this?

The county system is very unique and I'm not sure what the solution is going forward.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:How can anyone be jealous of the 2 gyms that were designed by the administration? They are the poorest designed gyms in southeastern Ohio. As far as the northern money, there wouldn't be a new school at south gallia without the taxes we pay with our northern money.
Those gyms weren't designed by the administration, that's hilarious. I didn't know that Gallia County Local Schools had an architect on staff, lol. Those gyms are from middle school designs anyone ever been to Wellston Middle school? Same as RV. SG gym is as big as it needs to be!!! With the projected growth of the Bidwell area and 850 RV will prob end up being the largest school in the county in a few years and they will have to expand, unless half the money goes to SG as is usual protocall and they have half the kids, what's wrong with this picture?

ny_buckeyes_goodin_2284
Waterboy

Can't say there is much that is fair about the situation. It's like having the CFO and the receptionist of a bank making the same amount of money. One brings more value and brings in more customers, yet are compensated the same. Must be nice to be that receptionist. (Note: There is nothing wrong with being a receptionist. Thanks goodness for them and not automated answering machines.)

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Bevo wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:How can anyone be jealous of the 2 gyms that were designed by the administration? They are the poorest designed gyms in southeastern Ohio. As far as the northern money, there wouldn't be a new school at south gallia without the taxes we pay with our northern money.
Those gyms weren't designed by the administration, that's hilarious. I didn't know that Gallia County Local Schools had an architect on staff, lol. Those gyms are from middle school designs anyone ever been to Wellston Middle school? Same as RV. SG gym is as big as it needs to be!!! With the projected growth of the Bidwell area and 850 RV will prob end up being the largest school in the county in a few years and they will have to expand, unless half the money goes to SG as is usual protocall and they have half the kids, what's wrong with this picture?
No kidding the administration didn't design them. They dont even know when to call off school. They signed off on the design of them. Bevo, half the money will always go to south gallia because as someone posted earlier, they control the board.

Return to “Boys Basketball”