#8 South Webster vs. #1 Trimble 3/3

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: #8 South Webster vs. #1 Trimble 3/3

Post by theuglytruth »

If anyone can pull this off its a team with Coach Ryan Fenton at the helm. He is battle tested and knows what it takes to compete in these types of games. Even with the odds stacked against them I know one thing, the jeeps will be prepared and the 15 guys in their locker room will believe they have a chance to win this game. Look out for the Jeeps this year and in the future. The jeeps are driven.

Franky_the_Fish
Waterboy

Post by Franky_the_Fish »

Going to take a herculean effort by the jeeps I feel. The only time Trimble has looked beatable was when the game got slowed down and they didn't execute in the half court. Those days are past and they are clicking on all cylinders. Looking forward to seeing the whole playbook as well. Coach Caldwell has rarely pressed as well this year... If the cats press and force turnovers it's trouble for the jeeps... If they are hitting outside shots it's trouble for the jeeps... If they don't keep Trimble off the glass it's trouble for the jeeps... If none of those happens it could be close...but I'd bet it doesn't. Cats by 20.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Trimble by 23, and as far as concerns over future Jeep talent they are in the same boat as Western Brown, they better start importing quick pseudotruth.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The problem with Trimble is - even when they play bad and miss shots - Clark 6'7, Couch 6'4 and Guthrie 6'3 are there to clean up the mess ... They are a tough, tough team to beat.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Athens County game of the week returns tonight on 970WATH when Trimble takes on South Webster in the DIV sectional championship game. The Tomcats, who capped off a perfect regular season after beating South Gallia on Saturday, earned the overall No. 1 seed after finishing 22-0. The eighth seeded Jeeps meanwhile defeated Symmes Valley last week to advance to tonight’s title game at Meigs High School. The showdown between Trimble and South Webster can be heard live on 970WATH and 97.1FM with pregame at 6:06 and the tipoff at 6:15.

Also available on the internet at 970wath.com

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

What is South Websters record?

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Their record is something lithe 7-13

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I would love the see the SOC team pull off the upset, but that will be a tough task in this one. SW has no size and Trimble sounds like they are huge, so unless the Jeeps can shoot 60+%, they may be in trouble.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Theres been plenty of upsets so far. Wouldn't surprise me at all if SW wins this one. I don't know about the Herculean effort that someone posted either. Undefeated just means you haven't been beaten YET!

Good Luck to the Jeeps. SOC!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

39-19. Trimble up at the half

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Tomcats up 60-35 heading into 4th.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Tomcats move on to the Convo at 23-0. Win 76-44.
Congrats to Coach Caldwell and the Tomcats.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats Trimble

Franky_the_Fish
Waterboy

Post by Franky_the_Fish »

Jeeps needed Hercules it looks like.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

3 really good D4 teams this year in Peebles, Paint Valley, and Trimble. Really impressed with Trimble, but I've watched Harvest Prep and Africentric play and WOWWWW is all I can say. It's going to take a very very good game from one of these 3 teams to make a state tourney birth. Prep and Acricentric are the REAL DEAL this year

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

buzzkillington wrote:3 really good D4 teams this year in Peebles, Paint Valley, and Trimble. Really impressed with Trimble, but I've watched Harvest Prep and Africentric play and WOWWWW is all I can say. It's going to take a very very good game from one of these 3 teams to make a state tourney birth. Prep and Acricentric are the REAL DEAL this year
Prep or Africentric will win state. Harvest Prep beat lucasville valley by 40

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sounds like Trimble took care of business tonight. Anybody who has followed the jeeps this year knew this was a terrible matchup for them. I truly feel they could have had a shot against any other team in this bracket, but Trimble's physicality and size were too much. Regardless, everybody knew this was a 2-3 year rebuilding job when Coach Fenton took over, so looking forward to the next couple of years of Jeeps basketball. Good luck to Trimble going forward.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

After seeing Trimble last night, I am definitely a believer! It was a total mismatch in all aspects. Nothing for South Webster to hang their heads about, they play a ton of young kids and have to remember the #3 seeded South Gallia just got smoked by 45 to Trimble a few nights ago! They are for real.

Hopefully I can make the trip to the Convo to watch Paint Valley vs. Trimble (assuming they both advance). WOW what a battle that would be!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The only thing that worries me about Trimble is how poorly they shoot the ball. Now they usually shoot it much better than they did last night but when they do finally play a team that has some size they will need to shoot it much better. Just my thoughts

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Super Trooper wrote:The only thing that worries me about Trimble is how poorly they shoot the ball. Now they usually shoot it much better than they did last night but when they do finally play a team that has some size they will need to shoot it much better. Just my thoughts
Yes NY took advantage of that twice, and nearly pulled out two wins because of it. If not for the 3 point shooting contest the NY players had against themselves NY would have won at home.

Return to “Boys Basketball”