#8 South Webster vs. #1 Trimble 3/3

bbjunky81
SEO

#8 South Webster vs. #1 Trimble 3/3

Post by bbjunky81 »

What is everyone's thoughts on this upcoming matchup?

Trimble is obviously a very talented team. I haven't had a chance to see them, but from what I hear they are very good. You can't be undefeated without being very good!

South Webster is young, 4 of their top 6 are sophomores I believe. I wasn't at the game last night but I was told they played sloppy. They'll have to clean that up to have a chance here!

Nonetheless, South Webster was the #8 seed last year and took down #1 seeded Southern so it IS possible. But to do so they're going to have to play near perfect basketball because we all know Trimble is solid!

art_vandelay
SE

Re: #8 South Webster vs. #1 Trimble 3/3

Post by art_vandelay »

Trimble have any makeup games this week? Could be rusty from long layoff if not. Saw Trimble play at Convo last year and they had some nice players who are back this year. Their size could cause Webster fits on the boards. I'd say they are comparable to Valley and Paint Valley as far as size and athleticism go (football players playing basketball) and Webster really struggled against those teams. As stated earlier, I expect Trimble to win next week, but would not be shocked either if Jeeps play them tough. Good luck to Coach Fenton and the Jeeps.*

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Yes Trimbke has a make up game with Millersport tomorrow, and I'll take the Cats by 15 in this one

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

They also have a make up with South Gallia Saturday. Trimble is big, athletic, and well coached

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Trimble is definitely big! Nothing but respect for the Tomcats out this way, I have heard very good things.

Hope this game is a fun one to watch if I'm going to make the journey to Meigs!

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

This is the age old battle between the Trimble Tomcats and the Wangnosed Cats of SW. As long as the SOFTmores from SW step up and play to their potential this one could a thriller. Good luck to both teams! Go jeeps.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

psshtt what does reggaefeet44 know? I'll take Trimble...by as many as they want

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Southerns team last year is nowhere close to as good as this Trimble team. Trimble is very good, experienced and huge. Trimble by 20 plus

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Trimble by 15+

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Geez.... After seeing some of these predictions, should South Webster even show up?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

D4hero wrote:Geez.... After seeing some of these predictions, should South Webster even show up?
Trimble should win but they haven't played anyone. South Webster plays a tough schedule. South Webster and Crooksville are known for knocking off the top seeds

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

South Webster's schedule will allow them to be ready for this one. SW will keep it close and maybe have a shot. I am not impressed with Trimble's schedule.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

NewEra wrote:South Webster's schedule will allow them to be ready for this one. SW will keep it close and maybe have a shot. I am not impressed with Trimble's schedule.
Win or lose, you'll be impressed with their size and athleticism

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

NewEra wrote:South Webster's schedule will allow them to be ready for this one. SW will keep it close and maybe have a shot. I am not impressed with Trimble's schedule.
schedule was bad in football and Trimble made final 4 last 2 years :mrgreen:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Don't think their schedule is as weak as some think. Nonetheless, you don't go undefeated unless you are very good.

All people are saying is that South Webster plays very good/big teams throughout the year, so this won't be their first rodeo. Minford and Valley are huge and very very good. Paint Valley is huge and very good. East is huge and very good. Granted, they didn't beat them, but maybe that experience will help them for Trimble.

Best of luck to both teams!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Trimble by 16

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

whompascat wrote:
schedule was bad in football and Trimble made final 4 last 2 years :mrgreen:

But did they win it all? Eventually just making the Final Four isn't enough

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Webster wins this one in a shocker. NY took Trimble to the wire twice, and if not for throwing three pointers up like they were getting paid for every foot they were from the basket in the first game NY would have beaten them. And look what NY's record is.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Ground Buck wrote:Webster wins this one in a shocker. NY took Trimble to the wire twice, and if not for throwing three pointers up like they were getting paid for every foot they were from the basket in the first game NY would have beaten them. And look what NY's record is.
Taking a team to the wire means nothing in basketbal if you still lose. Maybe the games were close due to the fact that its a big ravalry, maybe NY shot a lot of 3s because they couldn't get in the paint, and the second game Trimble pulled away and had a lead of around 17 or so midway through the 4th

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

tomcat fan wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:Webster wins this one in a shocker. NY took Trimble to the wire twice, and if not for throwing three pointers up like they were getting paid for every foot they were from the basket in the first game NY would have beaten them. And look what NY's record is.
Taking a team to the wire means nothing in basketbal if you still lose. Maybe the games were close due to the fact that its a big ravalry, maybe NY shot a lot of 3s because they couldn't get in the paint, and the second game Trimble pulled away and had a lead of around 17 or so midway through the 4th

Don't mind Ground Buck , He's been saying for years that Nelsonville would beat the Cats in Football

Return to “Boys Basketball”