Waterford vs Peebles

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Re: Waterford vs Peebles

Post by rockbiter »

The big thing division 1 schools look at is strength of competition. Is he playing against division 1 opponents? What they want to know is, "Can he excel against a 6' 5" kid with a 38 inch vertical leap, and who is quicker than a cat?" There is no question that he is an exceptional player in division 4. Time will tell.

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

You got that right buzz! Eastern has zero chance unless Justice gets hurt and can't play! In their earlier meeting this year eastern was actually leading at the half, I think then justice put on a clinic in the 2nd half. Eastern had nothing for him! It's almost as if he was toying with them in the first!! He definitely can do what he wants when he wants!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I'll take Peebles by 15+ over EP

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

[quote="streetballer"]Justice is a hell of a player but 40 pts is expected when u have ur team cater to u[/quote]
Now that's laughable ...... maybe you were "all gym" class!!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I do not care what anyone will say, the fact that this kid does not have ONE D1 offer on the table is a absolute travesty to the game of basketball. Saul Phillips needs to take notice for one, since they are in his backyard.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Shooterindagym wrote:From what I hear the D2 school that Beau is going to is one of top in the nation. Sometimes kids look at the fit, pretty sure that he had D1 looks, but where could he play immediately? That is another thing to consider, do you want to go sit and wait your turn? Nothing wrong with going D2, school is paid for, and in the end that is the goal.

Streetballer, obviously you are a hater, lol..that team does not cater to Beau, he has earned all he had got. I have watched him play the last 2 years and he is unselfish as they come, to get 40 on 15 (18 if you count fouled ones) is pretty freaking good. Most kids get 40 on 25-30 shots. The kid is efficient, Season Shooting percentages 50 some % from 3 and 60 some % from 2 and 85% from the line isn't being catered too, just really really efficient.
Nothing wrong with him going to West Liberty. I think their style of play suits him perfectly.
Agree, but would have loved to see him push it past his comfort zone, try and fail better than not trying, he may wonder what if forever. Thats a hard life.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

indianalum88 wrote:
ushoot2Ishoot3 wrote:C'mon he's a great shooter in D4 look and see how many players you find from D4 playing Major or even mid major NCAA ball.College coaches consistently lol at D1 andD2 schools in Ohio unless it's a private school. Performance of the ages? Comparing him to Luke Kennard? Both fall way short. Will not face any good Test until Regional Semi. Y'all little to excited. Was a great performance to watch. Reality is worse. The money and time you're spending on your kids and grandkids with basketball is wasted unless they're 6'4 +and can play like Justice. Get em into swimming or tennis.
Anytime you spend time and money on and with your kids its not wasted brother, obviously you are not a parent and have much to learn in life. Good luck, you will need it with that lack of common sense.
So saying you just want your kids to lose, prepare them for Life, play a fixed game? You need some reality if you feel money is never wasted on kids. LOL I dont need luck I have folks like you to give me money and purpose. Enjoy the next game, then get the tissues ready.

SVCFan
Waterboy

Post by SVCFan »

None of you know what Justice wants/wanted. He made the choice he thought was right, therefore, I think he made the right choice. Good luck to Peebles throughout the tourney and good luck to Justice at the next level.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

knowledge wrote:I do not care what anyone will say, the fact that this kid does not have ONE D1 offer on the table is a absolute travesty to the game of basketball. Saul Phillips needs to take notice for one, since they are in his backyard.
I think he could be an a great point, because he is undersized for a 2 even though he is a good athlete, for a smaller D1 team(MAC or Horizon league). He is a natural scorer but has above average passing ability and ball handling for a SG and really gets down and in his opponents face on the defensive end which would serve him well in a transition to playing the point full time. I see him playing similarly to a Fred Van Vleet. With Stevie Taylor/ Willis leaving I think OU is positioned as well as they will ever be right now to pick someone like him up, even though they have already signed Dartis from Newark who could play either guard spot.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Agree with tribe 100%

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye_monester »

knowledge wrote:I do not care what anyone will say, the fact that this kid does not have ONE D1 offer on the table is a absolute travesty to the game of basketball. Saul Phillips needs to take notice for one, since they are in his backyard.
I agree, I think Justice is very similar to Aaron Craft from a few years ago at OSU, except Justice is a much better shooter. Craft went to a small Division 3 school up North, did not hurt him in college playing Division 1.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Found the Waterford coach's quote in the paper to be hilarious, "If you look at it and take Justice out of the game, we win by eight or nine points..."

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

enigmaax wrote:Found the Waterford coach's quote in the paper to be hilarious, "If you look at it and take Justice out of the game, we win by eight or nine points..."
Yeah. 40-30 does not equal -10 in this situation. The absence of him does not mean an absence of points on all of those possessions. It would have been more competitive for sure. I think Peebles would have still won by around 10pts.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

indianalum88 wrote:
I agree, I think Justice is very similar to Aaron Craft from a few years ago at OSU, except Justice is a much better shooter. Craft went to a small Division 3 school up North, did not hurt him in college playing Division 1.
Respect your opinion, but Aaron Kraft is 2 inches taller, 2-3 times quicker, and handles it and passes it 2-3 times better. Honestly I think this comparison couldn't be any farther off, they are completely different players. Craft is a pass first point guard who probably shot 40% from the three in high school as well (he shot 38% at OSU his freshman year) and was out of this world defensively in the BIG TEN. Big ten freshman of the year, Big Ten tournament MVP. Craft almost made an NBA roster. Justice is a GREAT player but lets be realistic. I'm telling you right now Powerhouse West Liberty returns 9 players next year, it is not a foregone conclusion that he steps in and is one of the go to guys. They have 4 guys 6'3"-6'5" that can flat play! That being said I think West Liberty is a great fit and he will have a fine career there and will work his way into the rotation and contribute on a great team, but some people do not truly understand the level of competition at the D2 level. Two time district player of the year Evan French from D2 Warren doesn't even sniff the floor. OU was awful this year he probably could have played there this year but if Saul Phillips wants to get OU back to competing for a conference tournament and NCAA berth he probably has a few guys higher on his wish list. That being said I hope Justice is the next Aaron Craft and he is competing for a NBA roster spot 4-5 years from now.

Also agree that the statement the Waterford coach is outrageous. I don't know if Peebles would have still won (no one does) but WOW. I'm sure if you took Steph Curry off of Davidson or Lebron James off of St. Vincent St Mary they would not have won as many games either.

............................and that my friend's is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye_monester »

Thank you for your feedback ugly, few of us were discussing thought i would see what you gentleman thought.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

indianalum88 wrote:Thank you for your feedback ugly, few of us were discussing thought i would see what you gentleman thought.
You never know. The kid seems to have an unbelievable work ethic. If he hasn't reached his ceiling it is going to be unreal when he does. I LOVE watching him play. Craft was also an all state football player and an outstanding baseball players. That kid was a freak! Unbelievable how he altered games. West Liberty is going to be fun to watch! I look for Beau to fit in nicely there

Return to “Boys Basketball”