EAST VS TRIMBLE DISTRICT SEMI'S 3/11

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

EAST VS TRIMBLE DISTRICT SEMI'S 3/11

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I'm taking trimble by 30 because of height and experience!!!! East has a very young team the majority Freshmam and Sophomores, 1 senior, 1 junior and a nice Sophomore guard coming next season

buckcc
Freshman Team

Re: EAST VS TRIMBLE DISTRICT SEMI'S 3/11

Post by buckcc »

so what is ports.east record can u post it

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Don't know anything about East but I'll take the Cats by 16. Saw a poster on another thread say he can't wait to see Trimble chasing a guy from East on the big Convo floor. Be careful what u wish for. Trimble is extremely athletic and have a few guys themselves that East will struggle chasing around. Jmo

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble should win by 15-20pts

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

East is 17-6 I believe. I'm the one made the comment about Trimble chasing The kid from East around on that big floor, I can't wait and I'm wishing for it!!! He plays high level AAU so I'm sure he has seen the type of players Trimble will have. I'm just voicing my opinion once again and I think He will have success vs Trimble. Good luck to both teams, especially the young guns lol I know it will be tough for an inexperienced team

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Nothing wrong with your opinion, that's what this site is for

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think East matchs up pretty well with Tremble. I hope Browns healed up as well he's a lot of fun to watch very smooth player. And having Barrick on the bench can only help East game plan.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I'll take Trimble by 10

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

Trimble is very quick and athletic, they'll have no problem keeping up with East guard Akia Brown on the big floor.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Is any of Trimbles guards better than the guard from South Gallia?

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Maybe not better but Downs and Jenkins are very good. Jenkins is a strong kid that can get to the rim whenever he wants. Downs is very smart, handled the ball well, and shoots it pretty decent.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Super Trooper wrote:Maybe not better but Downs and Jenkins are very good. Jenkins is a strong kid that can get to the rim whenever he wants. Downs is very smart, handled the ball well, and shoots it pretty decent.
The reason I asked that question is because I watched a 4 quater 8 min scrimmage of East vs South Gallia (with east winning 81-64) and the soph guard from East dominating that Greer kid that I heard so much about. I mean he didn't even want to dribble. True story!!! So I hope they can handle the ball well.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

buckeyes911 wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:Maybe not better but Downs and Jenkins are very good. Jenkins is a strong kid that can get to the rim whenever he wants. Downs is very smart, handled the ball well, and shoots it pretty decent.
The reason I asked that question is because I watched a 4 quater 8 min scrimmage of East vs South Gallia (with east winning 81-64) and the soph guard from East dominating that Greer kid that I heard so much about. I mean he didn't even want to dribble. True story!!! So I hope they can handle the ball well.
Held him to 10 and won by 40 last saturday

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I think if East can find a way to control tempo there size may help keep them in this game also Akia Brown would have to play his best game, but all that said, Trimble is just on a different level. Trimble by 16.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

buckeyes911 wrote:
Trimble played South Gallia last week and beat them by 45.

I now have seen both teams and Trimble is undoubtedly better. The Jenkins kid (#20) is just as quick as Brown but even stronger. Even if he struggles, the Downs kid is lightning quick as well.

East is good and matches up with them fairly well.. But Trimble is very, very good.

I'll go:

Trimble 75
East 52

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Very little action on this thread with just a few days till gametime

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Trimble is a very balanced team. They had size, speed and good athletes. No insult to Sciotoville but Trimble is on a different level.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

tomcat fan wrote:Very little action on this thread with just a few days till gametime
Might be more talk now that Athens is out

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

The Cats have the formula that you need to make a deep run at this level - Talent Plus Coaching. Trimble and Athens have had that in football the past couple of years and Howie and the boys will be able to to that in basketball. Schools around here have to take advantage of having great athletic classes because they dont come around that often. I know Howie coming to Trimble ruffled some feathers but look what a difference a coach can make.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

buckhunter740 wrote:The Cats have the formula that you need to make a deep run at this level - Talent Plus Coaching. Trimble and Athens have had that in football the past couple of years and Howie and the boys will be able to to that in basketball. Schools around here have to take advantage of having great athletic classes because they dont come around that often. I know Howie coming to Trimble ruffled some feathers but look what a difference a coach can make.
Very True

Return to “Boys Basketball”