ATTN: SATURDAY'S GAMES: SPLIT SESSION

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: ATTN: SATURDAY'S GAMES: SPLIT SESSION

Post by danicalifornia »

Pol Pot wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:This attendance is putrid. Really disappointing for the kids.

Maybe it's time to move these games back to a high school and clear the gym after every game? Fans could be right down on the floor then.
The only games that I attended where a HS gym couldn't handle the attendance were the D2 games. But, I'd still like to see the games continue at The Convo, even with some small crowds.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

HS could not have handled the DIV today, as there was over 4k there today for those two games

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I personally like the old days of having all the D2-4 district title games all on one day. It made for a madness day of great basketball. But the basketball tournament basically finances all of the other tournaments the district runs, so I imagine that's why they have to consider and do options like this.

Another reason why may be the limited parking at OU right now. I know of people who had to make 15-20 minute walks for just a district semifinal doubleheader. Imagine the crowd (many of which would stay for part or most of the day) with one of the old day-long billing of games. Might be parking in Albany by early evening.
Last edited by bman on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'm 120 percent against moving any of the games out of the Convo. It's a great experience for the kids to play in a top-notch facility like that.

You basically paid $3 per game yesterday to watch four district finals. How many of us drop $10 on a movie without thinking twice?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Small crowds? I went to a D1 district game in columbus the other day and there was only 1,000 people there. Two of the top OCC teams. Biggest HS gyms only hold 1500. We are very lucky to use the convo. we never have to worry about sell outs, we sit in padded seats, the convo is ranked top 50 in best arenas(no others in Ohio). We are able to watch games all day long. So quit complaining because you forget how good SEO has it compared to the rest of Ohio

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Small crowds? I went to a D1 district game in columbus the other day and there was only 1,000 people there. Two of the top OCC teams. Biggest HS gyms only hold 1500. We are very lucky to use the convo. we never have to worry about sell outs, we sit in padded seats, the convo is ranked top 50 in best arenas(no others in Ohio). We are able to watch games all day long. So quit complaining because you forget how good SEO has it compared to the rest of Ohio
Or maybe folks need to go to the Barn for a game to see how good we have it. We are blessed OU and the district work together to put on a top-notch tournament for our kids.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

attendance has been no different than the last three or four years - it was fine. Basketball as a whole has dropped in attendance everywhere, the district tournament was just a reflection of that.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

As big as the convo is it can look like not a lot of people in there. I love watching high school games at the convo. Been to every game this year so far and looking forward to Tuesdays games. Maybe I can get a interview with 93dog on the radio. :mrgreen: ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

biggdowgg wrote:As big as the convo is it can look like not a lot of people in there. I love watching high school games at the convo. Been to every game this year so far and looking forward to Tuesdays games. Maybe I can get a interview with 93dog on the radio. :mrgreen: ;-)
haha come on up biggdowgg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not slamming anything about the Convo

....but I really liked the Barn, great memories there as a fan of my school

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The barn is a dump. I do like district games in Columbus, no one goes so I can show up 20 mins before the game starts at sit front row. In SEO I have to show up 1 hour before the game to get a front row seat

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote:Not slamming anything about the Convo

....but I really liked the Barn, great memories there as a fan of my school
I understand special memories and a feeling of sentiment for the place, but when you go to the Convo how many times for district and regional games and then go to the Barn, it's like having a cold bucket of water thrown in your face. The place is simply a dump for basketball.

I'm hoping when Ohio State eventually opens the 5,000 seat replacement for St. John then the Central District and OSU can come to an agreement to use that for districts and regionals up there.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

biggdowgg wrote:I have no problem with split session but hate that you can't take your own food in like a couple years ago ,and I wouldn't even mind the over priced food there if it was any good but the convo consesions are the worst of anywhere.

P.S. the good thing about split sessions is you can go grab a bite to eat besides the convo food:-)

Still my favorite place to watch hoops though
You still can, you just gotta be slick.. Lol :lol:

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

I have to say Saturdays last two games were terrible. I am a Trojan fan and had to leave at half time because I couldn't watch it. The Ironton vs. Burg game was terrible to sit thru. I am glad I didn't have to pay to get in or I would have asked for my money back!
Basketball in S/E Ohio is way down.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Knowledge:
I enjoyed me a 6 inch subway sandwich inside the convo in the cheap seats :-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”