Trimble vs Paint Valley DIV district championship

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble vs Paint Valley DIV district championship

Post by 93Bulldog »

RAIDER6309 wrote:He needs a lot of work to be high school good, and I mean a lot
Raider ... at 6'9 260lbs and 14 years old, coordination has to be a major issue, it's just unnatural to be that big and that young. Give the boy some time, he's going to be a legit 7-footer and playing on Saturday's for someone. Guaranteed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Indian fan wrote:Uhm did I say it was for 1 team
Yea you did. You said "Athens County, who you expect the refs to favor lol"

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yea he's going to be playing on Saturdays for sure given him being a legit 7ft. Just has a long, long way to go

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:He needs a lot of work to be high school good, and I mean a lot
Raider ... at 6'9 260lbs and 14 years old, coordination has to be a major issue, it's just unnatural to be that big and that young. Give the boy some time, he's going to be a legit 7-footer and playing on Saturday's for someone. Guaranteed.
I'll take that bet, he isn't even close to Ohio University level. Cunningham was the best big man around, averaged like 30pts and 20 rebounds in D4 and barely played at UNC Asheville. Ibi and Burrow dominated as freshmen and that's why they both got D1 offers as underclass men in basketball. He reminds me of the Wallace kid from Logan back in 2008. Hope the kid the best but he should transfer to Chillicothe and looks like he would have a better shot playing D1 football

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
I'll take that bet, he isn't even close to Ohio University level. Cunningham was the best big man around, averaged like 30pts and 20 rebounds in D4 and barely played at UNC Asheville. Ibi and Burrow dominated as freshmen and that's why they both got D1 offers as underclass men in basketball. He reminds me of the Wallace kid from Logan back in 2008. Hope the kid the best but he should transfer to Chillicothe and looks like he would have a better shot playing D1 football

I agree with 93.un the big kid And Burrow never received a D1 offer in basketball. Ibi got his first two offers (the same day) from Ohio and Akron
after his soph. year

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow got an offer from Creighton after his freshman basketball season in basketball. Family connections so I was surprised Nebraska didn't offer him after his sophomore year of football but that's why that coach isnt in D1 anymore. Burrow his sophomore year was a D1 player but after that Burrow couldn't play above the rim to risk a knee injury. His sophomore year he dunked everything. Burrow could play basketball at Ohio university if he wanted to but football at Ohio State is a little better

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just tossing out that I doubt Huggins and OSU would have made multiple trips to Bainbridge to watch a kid who couldn't play at OU. Just saying.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

^wasnt jeff boals only at the game because his son was in a tournament there. John Calipari was at Ibi's game at Pickerington and had a private workout with him. That doesn't mean Ibi is top 5 in the nation

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

RAIDER6309 wrote:^wasnt jeff boals only at the game because his son was in a tournament there. John Calipari was at Ibi's game at Pickerington
That was a different night where Boals kid played at Unioto. Unioto did play Lucasville Valley that night I think.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

My thoughts on Swingle is that he moves pretty well, has a nice touch, and is pretty smart with his body. He needs work, but most freshmen need work. He's only going to get taller and better as the years progress.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Burrow got an offer from Creighton after his freshman basketball season in basketball. Family connections so I was surprised Nebraska didn't offer him after his sophomore year of football but that's why that coach isnt in D1 anymore. Burrow his sophomore year was a D1 player but after that Burrow couldn't play above the rim to risk a knee injury. His sophomore year he dunked everything. Burrow could play basketball at Ohio university if he wanted to but football at Ohio State is a little better
Joe didn't receive an offer from Creighton to play basketball after his freshman year.If Creighton (that plays in the Big East) would have made an offer to Joe
that would have been in the newspaper and other news outlets. Your statement that Joe couldn't play above the rim after his sophomore year to risk a knee injury
is silly Joe was never afraid of getting injured if that would have been the case he would have skipped basketball.
Last edited by bengals01 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Hornetz Fan 32 wrote:Like the refs last night giving all the calls to Warren, but they still couldn't win. Go Tomcats!
Funny. Unioto shot nearly twice as many free throws as Warren. Clearly EVERY call went in Warren's favor.
RAIDER6309 wrote: I'll take that bet, he isn't even close to Ohio University level. Cunningham was the best big man around, averaged like 30pts and 20 rebounds in D4 and barely played at UNC Asheville.
Cunningham didn't average anything near those numbers in high school and didn't even really contribute a great deal at the varsity level until his junior year (played before that, I believe, but wasn't at all dominant). Also, he started 9 games as a freshman at UNC Asheville and more each subsequent year. He finished 8th and then 4th in the NATION in blocked shots his last two years (he was out one year in between with injury) and was in the top 20 in the nation in rebounding his last year (didn't even bother looking at anything before that).

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I was disappointed OU didn't recruit him. He was a force his senior year

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I sat very close to the PV crowd yesterday and many of them were upset their kids did not stay on the floor while Trimble received their awards. PV has some really good people so dont mix them all into one bad decision. I ask about the big kid and was told that OSU and WVU came very early in the season and didn't return. The kid is still young but has a LONG way to go to be close to that level. Probably a MAC player at best but who knows. Trimble was certainly the better team and are a very sound team. They play very well as a unit and are very well coached. I plan to attend Tuesday and hopefully Trimble and Peebles can win and set up an all SE District final.

Return to “Boys Basketball”