Peebles vs. Harvest Prep (Regional Semi)

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Peebles vs. Harvest Prep (Regional Semi)

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles is coming in off a close call in overtime against Eastern Pike while the Warriors were also tested by Newark Catholic. It is delusional to believe the Columbus teams are not favored to advance in either of their contests at the D4 level but here's hoping that we can give them a run for their money. Interesting note about this game: Harvest Prep's best player and Central district POY David Dennis Jr. and Beau Justice(Southeast district POY) will be college teammates next year at West Liberty. Another interesting note: Beau Justice is just 78pts from tying Dante Jackson as the leading scorer in the history of the southeast district.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Re: Peebles vs. Harvest Prep (Regional Semi)

Post by buckeye_monester »

Good luck to the Indians, eventually somebody will beat Prep. Manchester took them to OT few years back so it's not impossible. That being said Tribe is correct its a David vs Goliath matchup. Good luck to Trimble as well.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

indianalum88 wrote:Good luck to the Indians, eventually somebody will beat Prep. Manchester took them to OT few years back so it's not impossible. That being said Tribe is correct its a David vs Goliath matchup. Good luck to Trimble as well.
I watched Georgetown take them out in 07 to win the state title also. Hoping for a herculean effort the rest of the way out from the Indians.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Key for Peebles is to come out knowing they can play with them, and having good bench contributions. Last year Fairfield was only down 2 after 3 qrts. Harvest Prep was subbing 5 for 5 against them and pulled away in the 4th. Good luck to the Indians, think they have a real shot at pulling it off!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Watched Harvest Prep beat Lucasville Valley by 40 earlier this year. HP is TOUGH!! But good luck to Pebbles!!

Fatlight78
Waterboy

Post by Fatlight78 »

Could peebles try to slow the game down like alot

Fatlight78
Waterboy

Post by Fatlight78 »

Second question has beau had any other college offers that he may go to because he just verbal committed to west liberty correct

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Indian fan wrote:Second question has beau had any other college offers that he may go to because he just verbal committed to west liberty correct
Someone else would have to answer this one. I have no idea.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I don't think it would be wise for him to try to go bigger

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Super Trooper wrote:I don't think it would be wise for him to try to go bigger
I think West Liberty is a good fit for him.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I agree. He's a great player but he is just too short and not quick enough to play d 1

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

How many points did Jackson score?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:How many points did Jackson score?
2423. Beau currently has 2345.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

They still play the games for a reason, underdog or not nothing is impossible the Peebles kids just have to ignore the talk and play ball. Best of luck Indians !

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I think this game will be all about Peebles getting off to a good start and after that being disciplined to control the flow and tempo of the game. I also think Peebles has the guards to do this. I see this being a game that Arey has to be on the floor for a more extended period of time due to the aspect of needing to control tempo. Justice, Arrasmith, and Arey will have to do a good job of staying poised under pressure and not allowing Harvest to speed them up. I think Justice will get to the free throw line plenty of times once again as he will dribble penetrate and use his body to draw contact(unless they sag off), how much length does Harvest have? Peebles will also need to limit the soft cross court passes over the mid-line. I noticed Peebles and Eastern both throwing some "suspect" passes that will go through in the SE District, but vs Prep, Africentric, etc will be showtime on the other end. I believe Peebles can win this game, and I expect 32 minutes of tight basketball IF Peebles can control tempo. GOOD LUCK PEEBLES INDIANS AND COACH AREY!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

knowledge wrote:I think this game will be all about Peebles getting off to a good start and after that being disciplined to control the flow and tempo of the game. I also think Peebles has the guards to do this. I see this being a game that Arey has to be on the floor for a more extended period of time due to the aspect of needing to control tempo. Justice, Arrasmith, and Arey will have to do a good job of staying poised under pressure and not allowing Harvest to speed them up. I think Justice will get to the free throw line plenty of times once again as he will dribble penetrate and use his body to draw contact(unless they sag off), how much length does Harvest have? Peebles will also need to limit the soft cross court passes over the mid-line. I noticed Peebles and Eastern both throwing some "suspect" passes that will go through in the SE District, but vs Prep, Africentric, etc will be showtime on the other end. I believe Peebles can win this game, and I expect 32 minutes of tight basketball IF Peebles can control tempo. GOOD LUCK PEEBLES INDIANS AND COACH AREY!
I don't believe this Harvest Prep team is exceptionally tall/lengthy, just VERY quick and relentless with their pressure. It will take our best effort keeping composure to win this one.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

If Peebles can possess the ball under that relentless pressure and make Harvest chase and guard, they will tire out.

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye_monester »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Peebles is coming in off a close call in overtime against Eastern Pike while the Warriors were also tested by Newark Catholic. It is delusional to believe the Columbus teams are not favored to advance in either of their contests at the D4 level but here's hoping that we can give them a run for their money. Interesting note about this game: Harvest Prep's best player and Central district POY David Dennis Jr. and Beau Justice(Southeast district POY) will be college teammates next year at West Liberty. Another interesting note: Beau Justice is just 78pts from tying Dante Jackson as the leading scorer in the history of the southeast district.
It is a shame Peebles was not able to make up that game with Piketon towards the end of the year, it would have made that much more interesting in an attempt to break that scoring record. I bet Beau would give that up though for a win tomorrow night. Roll Tribe Good luck Gentleman!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to Peebles tomorrow night.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

As long as the refs ain't one sided with their foul calls and allowing a single player to shoot 30+ free throws which is absurd I believe harvest prep will win by 10

Return to “Boys Basketball”