Venue change for South Webster regional final?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Venue change for South Webster regional final?

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah....if you are at Easton and keep going past the Cheesecake factory and past all the turn offs to Easton....that road dead ends....take a left and about 5 miles later you are at ODU....but quicker to hit from 270-670-5th ave....or 270W to 71N to 670E

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Would like to see OHSAA getting this Regional back to one site, even if it means two SE Ohio teams driving to Columbus to play each other in the semi-final. Don't blame them for not moving this game to Athens since Webster already played 3 games there, but Wellston or Waverly would've been fine for this game.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The jeeps haven't done so well at the downtown arena in several years...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Thanks for the info..living in AZ I will not be able to go the the game
but I was wondering where the school is located..Appears that Fairfield
would have the easier drive.....Webster must bring their "A" game...
Keep the SOC and southeastern Ohio going....
Sure miss the way Ohio does the BB tourney...we have
been done for two weeks this saturday here in AZ....not
all the teams go the the tourney...wierd way...been here 34+ years
and still can not get used to it...

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Ironman92 wrote:Yeah....if you are at Easton and keep going past the Cheesecake factory and past all the turn offs to Easton....that road dead ends....take a left and about 5 miles later you are at ODU....but quicker to hit from 270-670-5th ave....or 270W to 71N to 670E

I would avoid 71 like the plague... they have been closing portions of 71 N and S bound for various times on the weekends. TONS of roadwork. It will be a little longer to go around the belt from the south end off 23, but should be less of a headache

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

when did they stop having the regionals at the columbus fairgrounds?

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

by art_vandelay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Would like to see OHSAA getting this Regional back to one site, even if it means two SE Ohio teams driving to Columbus to play each other in the semi-final. Don't blame them for not moving this game to Athens since Webster already played 3 games there, but Wellston or Waverly would've been fine for this game.*

Art, least you forget LFC played last Tuesday at ODC, or is it ok for one game at a venue but not three? This is just another way for the OHSAA to screw with the Southeast District!!. I thought Dan Ross would make a difference and stand up for there he came from but he fell right in line with all the dogs that made him top dog. It is time to set the OHSAA out in the street and the highschools of Ohio form another governing body and DO IT NOW.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

whitewhiskers: I left out that I disagree with the game being left at ODU...but I understand them not moving it to Athens even if it is halfway for both teams, or close to halfway. This game should be played at a netural site where neither team has played before (Wellston, Waverly, Southeastern, Jackson, etc.). But before eveybody gets fired up, I believe in the past that OHSAA has made some D4 Central District teams travel to Athens for the Regional Final to play the Southeastern District rep.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”