Venue change for South Webster regional final?

svbt1112
Varsity

Venue change for South Webster regional final?

Post by svbt1112 »

Any word? Are we going back to the convo or up to Ohio Dominican as scheduled?

After watching Fairfield Christian last night at ODU --- I hope the Jeeps are playing them at the convo! They looked comfortable at ODU!

sparky
All State

Re: Venue change for South Webster regional final?

Post by sparky »

aren't they rotating the site every other year? will sw be allowed a practice at odu since their opponent has played there and they haven't?

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I heard they were changing it to a completly different site, that way no team would have an advantage. if not ODU or Convo, where would they play???

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

sparky wrote:aren't they rotating the site every other year? will sw be allowed a practice at odu since their opponent has played there and they haven't?

The OHSAA granted Manchester a few hours in Waverly's gym before the Regional Semi against Eastern last year.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

a friend of mine teaches at wellston high school. He said they were contacted by OHSAA about possibly hosting the final. Would make sense being pretty much in the middle.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jazzhands88 wrote:a friend of mine teaches at wellston high school. He said they were contacted by OHSAA about possibly hosting the final. Would make sense being pretty much in the middle.
Great choice ... awesome gym.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Does Waverly have a shot at hosting?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... no final word as to where this one will be held ??? ... ONLY the OHSAA would/could drag their feet on this kind of issue ...

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

93Bulldog wrote:
jazzhands88 wrote:a friend of mine teaches at wellston high school. He said they were contacted by OHSAA about possibly hosting the final. Would make sense being pretty much in the middle.
Great choice ... awesome gym.
I keep hearing Wellston as well. Yea thats about right. Leave it up to the OHSAA to try and take the spotlight away from kids during a time when things should be set in stone.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

smurray wrote:Does Waverly have a shot at hosting?
That would be great. i haven't heard anything about Waverly so far.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

pfloyd wrote:... no final word as to where this one will be held ??? ... ONLY the OHSAA would/could drag their feet on this kind of issue ...

It is crap like this that should mean the end to the OHSAA. The OHSAA has always treated the Southeastern District like poor, step-children. The member schools should tell the OHSAA to get their act together or The Schools are going to disband them. The OHSAA is always saying that they are always for the good of the student. That is a lot of BS, for if they were they would not have scheudle a game at 9:30 P.M.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

Yea they will always treat us like that because of the lack of respect that basically the entire state has for southern ohio. They look at southern ohio as just a bunch of low economic status hilljacks. Can't say they're wrong though... git r dun

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

As of 5:15 p.m. today (March 13), this game will NOT be at Wellston, but will remain at ODU.

I contacted Wellston HS Athletic Director Jeff Hendershott today and my colleague Cody Leist of The Portsmouth Daily Times can confirm the game still at ODU (by way of ODU's SID).

And, any site changes must be posted on OHSAA website.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I told you, it's in this book. All you have to do is bet on the winner and you'll never lose." — Back To The Future Part II :lol: :mrgreen: :)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

When did they start doing games like this? Why weren't all 4 teams in this regional playing at the same venue? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I wonder what genius came up with that?

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I was at Ohio Dominican on Tues night. The gym seats about 2500 maybe 3000. One side of the bleachers were not pulled completely out on Tues. Nice crowd from Danville and Fairfield Christian. There were alot of non-partisian fans on Fairfield Christian side. Crowd will probably not be a problem unless South Webster brings 1500 people.
Fairfield Christian has a nice team- good guards and players that take the ball to the hole. They left a about 8-10 points at the free throw line. Those will kill you in close game.

Hope they keep the game at ODU- good atomsphere.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Sounds like the Carpenter kid is the real deal. Cousin to NFL linebacker and former Buckeye Bobby Carpenter

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

For someone that does not know....where is ODU located? And what advantage will that afford
Websters opp?.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

South Webster brings 1500 to a game? Is that like 5 games combined?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wipala wrote:For someone that does not know....where is ODU located? And what advantage will that afford
Websters opp?.
Go to Columbus.....take 270 E.....hit 670W...take 5th avenue exit....follow Ohio Dominican sign about 3 miles from 5th AVE exit off of 670.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

wipala wrote:For someone that does not know....where is ODU located? And what advantage will that afford
Websters opp?.
Over by the Airport or, as my wife says, over by Easton shopping mall. Depends on your perspective I suppose. :122247

Return to “Boys Basketball”