poll: Warren (24-1) vs Athens (21-4) - March 14th

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: poll: Warren (24-1) vs Athens (21-4) - March 14th

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... going to bring the ear buds for my iPhone so I can give a listen to 93dog doing the Athens vs Warren Rd 2 game Thursday on 105.5FM/970AM - I'm doing a study on the bias in local sports broadcasting :mrgreen:

As pfloyd would say ... "I'm completly neutral"

:mrgreen:

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:Dennis Rodman never scored for the Bulls - but he was NBA All-star ... more to the game than just scoring WarriorBlue ... Luehrman COULD score if he needed too - but points are hard to come by when you have players like Burrow, Watson, Saltzmen and Elmore on the floor.
Rodman avg 15-20 boards a game and I haven't seen anybody dominate the paint like that at The Convo. I was trying to make the point that the Warriors can withstand a poor performance by one of the Big 3 a little better than Athens. When you factor as a push French-Patton-Hall/Borrows-Watson-Saltzman then who else is capable of stepping up. Against Unioto both Leffingwell and Lang stepped up provided offense to the tune of double figures. Yabs has had a few 16-18 point games and though streaky Pannell can too.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Rodman was a good role player even as a Piston...( not to be confused with being a role model). For me Thursday cant come soon enough.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

No outcome to this game would surprise me. Both teams will show up prepared and excited to play.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

The outcome will come in around 48 hours...Go Warriors!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WarriorBlue wrote:I was trying to make the point that the Warriors can withstand a poor performance by one of the Big 3 a little better than Athens. When you factor as a push French-Patton-Hall/Borrows-Watson-Saltzman then who else is capable of stepping up.
You obviously havn't seen Athens enough.
* most of the time Elmore is the first option - and they run the offense through him in a lot of half court sets.
* Ryan Luehrman missed the first half of the season - he is just now getting into 'mid-season' form ... his second game back at McAfee Gymnasium he stole a pass at mid court, raced to the other end, rose above the rim and threw it down ... not many players this year can do that in a game ... like I said before, he has tremendous skills, he just hasn't had a lot of scoring opportunities when Watson and Burrow are scoring in the high 20's ... but he is capable.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

I have seen both teams now..I am not from either town.. It will be a great well-coached game..to predict a winner based on the last game or last year??.. both teams are good and it can go either way as far as I'm concerned..however congrats to Warren on the FIRST district championship.. Coach Maddox is a class act, he deserved one..

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Dog..... To be sure it will be an outstanding game. Both teams are talented both well coached. A great venue with outstanding atmosphere. All together you've got what makes us all on this forum love 3 Weeks at The Convo. Both teams have many positives but it'll be which team can exploit a weakness in their opponent. Which team can adjust and readjust best wins this great HS matchup.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

Athens HC Jeff Skinner will join us tonight on the Sports Fan presented by J&K Contracting on 970 WATH and 97.1 FM. The show starts at 6:06 as well talk about the Athens-Warren matchup and Coach will join us around 6:30. Listen online here: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... teURL=true

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

sure did get awfully quiet around here ..... ;)

recent poll voting:

40 votes Warren
20 votes Athens

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

I think everyone knows that this one is to close to call. It's time to put up or shut up. Two great teams, rivalry game, evenly matched up and down the line-up, regional final appearance on the line. "THE REMATCH". The atmosphere is going to be electric for this one. Can't wait!!! Go Blue.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

93Bulldog wrote:sure did get awfully quiet around here ..... ;)

recent poll voting:

40 votes Warren
20 votes Athens

I think it is just nerves as to why it is quiet!! Warren might be the favorite, but this game is going to come down to turnovers and runs. I cannot wait to see this one! I know Warren has never been this far, has Athens been to the Elite 8??

GO BIG BLUE!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've had nerves since last week - but I still continue to post ... ;)

Elite 8 in basketball? I think the 1965 team made it all the way to Columbus.
Elite 8 in football? yes, about 4 months ago.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

AROUND 7 MORE HOURS LEFT....I am anxious for the GAME OF THE WEEK....Sorry, I don't consider that other game from the other district as important as this one.....I am totally biased! Go Warriors! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Heard today that Warrior Nation sold more than 2000 tickets for this epic battle! Wow if true that's amazing!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Heres to both teams with great seasons. Unfortunately there has to be a winner and a loser. As a Warren faithful I will be backing them 100%. Many, many tickets were sold at Warren, and as usual Warren Nation will have a hugh following. Not taking away from any other team, but this Warrior team is very special. When they are on I don't think theres a team around that can stop them. Hopefully the convo nerves will be gone and they will show all those nay sayers why they have the record they do. Best wishes Warren!!!! True blue through and through!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

warriorfrosh wrote:Now class, let's have our Biology lesson for this weeks big game....picture the Amoeba (Amoeba is a genus of Protozoa consisting of shapeless unicellular organisms)...this is the Warren Warriors 2012-2013 basketball team....a unicellular, shapeless, flowing, smothering, suffocating, flexible organism that has demonstrated it has the chemistry and capability to adapt to any opponent or challenge...the one loss in December caused this nuclear fission reaction to commence and this amoeba has grown more complex and grotesque for all opponents since....think about it, when one player is off, the others pick up....when 2 players are off, the others pick up....just about every game a different player has a monster game....TO COUNT PATTON AS A NON-FACTOR WOULD BE A FATAL MISTAKE!! (please don't guard him thank you).....this young man has the heart and resolve of a champion!! He will show up Thursday! :122249

Planning to go to DIII regional games to get the juices flowing for Thursday....not that I need it!! GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) ;-)
Wariorfrosh I was just saying the same thing about Patton--he is lethal, and has a 10-15ft jump shot that is deadly. Glad to see him taking some 3pt shots this yr. I would not want to guard any of Warrens team. Usually a team has 1,2 or even sometimes 3 shooters and stellar athletes. Warren has 5 on the court at the same time. Look at the all district teams and special mentions. All 5 Warren starters were either a team selection or special mention. I havent even gotten to our bench. Lang in m/o initiated the comeback against Unioto. Pannell when he is on from the perimeter is deadly as well. The rest of the bench can and will step up if needed. Athen is a good team, maybe a great team but if Warren is on they are unstoppable!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Our coach isn't as good ... our role players are at a huge disadvantage ... and if Warren is on, they are unstoppable ... I sure hope the 'Dogs can stay in this one - I don't want folks to see their $8.00 go down the drain.

:)

Iggy25
Waterboy

Post by Iggy25 »

slimgarrett wrote:
warriorfrosh wrote:Now class, let's have our Biology lesson for this weeks big game....picture the Amoeba (Amoeba is a genus of Protozoa consisting of shapeless unicellular organisms)...this is the Warren Warriors 2012-2013 basketball team....a unicellular, shapeless, flowing, smothering, suffocating, flexible organism that has demonstrated it has the chemistry and capability to adapt to any opponent or challenge...the one loss in December caused this nuclear fission reaction to commence and this amoeba has grown more complex and grotesque for all opponents since....think about it, when one player is off, the others pick up....when 2 players are off, the others pick up....just about every game a different player has a monster game....TO COUNT PATTON AS A NON-FACTOR WOULD BE A FATAL MISTAKE!! (please don't guard him thank you).....this young man has the heart and resolve of a champion!! He will show up Thursday! :122249

Planning to go to DIII regional games to get the juices flowing for Thursday....not that I need it!! GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) ;-)
Wariorfrosh I was just saying the same thing about Patton--he is lethal, and has a 10-15ft jump shot that is deadly. Glad to see him taking some 3pt shots this yr. I would not want to guard any of Warrens team. Usually a team has 1,2 or even sometimes 3 shooters and stellar athletes. Warren has 5 on the court at the same time. Look at the all district teams and special mentions. All 5 Warren starters were either a team selection or special mention. I havent even gotten to our bench. Lang in m/o initiated the comeback against Unioto. Pannell when he is on from the perimeter is deadly as well. The rest of the bench can and will step up if needed. Athen is a good team, maybe a great team but if Warren is on they are unstoppable!
Let's remember Athens had two All-District players (1 first, 1 second) and an honorable mention. Ryan Leuhrman and Saltzman would have been honored if they hadn't been banged up for chunks of the season. Athens is finally at 100 percent. They weren't last time these two matched up. This will be a slugfest.

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Iggy25 wrote:
slimgarrett wrote:

Let's remember Athens had two All-District players (1 first, 1 second) and an honorable mention. Ryan Leuhrman and Saltzman would have been honored if they hadn't been banged up for chunks of the season. Athens is finally at 100 percent. They weren't last time these two matched up. This will be a slugfest.
Iggy25 In no way was I saying anything against Athens, as in my post I said they are a good team, maybe even a great team. What I was doing was giving a shout out to my Warriors. Sometimes people just concentrate on the leading scorer or the leader, and I think Patton is one great young man! I've said from the beginning that I dread a matchup against Athens again because 1 they are a very good team, and 2 they are hungry to avenge that loss to us! Whomever wins you are exactly right, this will be a dogfight, slugfest or whatever you want to call it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”