South Webster VS. Fairfield 3/9 (9:30pm) DISTRICT FINALS

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster VS. Fairfield 3/9 (9:30pm) DISTRICT FINALS

Post by sinjinian »

I believe these two played a close game over the summer, don't think either team had all their players. Seem like these two play the toughest schedules of any D4 teams in the district (Whiteoak can be included in that) and this is the second time in 3 years they are meeting in the district finals, coincidence? I've seen each team and truly think its a toss up.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

it all goes back to whoever plays the hardest non conference schedule is most prepared, works in every sport. some teams play weak to look good, some teams play tough to go far :122249

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
sparky wrote:ugly,
who is recruiting fredette jr.? i think u are pulling someone's leg with that comparison. sarcasm?
I know he went on a recruiting visit to Mount St. Joseph.
the only sarcasm in this thread is where i pick the jeeps to win. this williams kid is UNREAL... after tomorrow he'll be getting letters from all over the country. fredette is a hard comparison for williams, because he handles the ball much better than jimmer imo.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

The lions will win this one like they should have 2 years ago when they got jobbed against the jeeps. Williams has his way with the jeep backcourt. If jeeps somehow find a way to win this one Ater should get a statue or something. It would be a career defining win.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

I also have to agree with the previous post about Leesburg. I think they'll win but it'll be close. This one comes down to POOT (points out of timeouts) as many momentum changes will occur. With it being a late game I think some players may have to skip their usual midnight snack and glass of milk in exchange for 5-hour energys and low-glycemic carbohydrates. I hope they have plenty of coffee and highly carbonated beverages on tap saturday night because this old cat will be bobbin and weevin. At the end of the night, when the clock strikes midnight, i think you'll be hearing some old familiar words: "and the nets belong to the LIONS!" My good friend who announces may look like rip van winkle but he'll be wide awake for that call. No sandman in attendance for Leesburg Fairfield, as they'll be back to the convo come next Tuesday.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I'm in agreeance with Night. Jeeps are at a disadvantage more ways than one. They'll have to contain Williams if they want to be in this game. And B, this game also boils down to Coaching. Fairfield definately has the experience with xs and os, but I think sw coaching staff may have some tricks up their sleeves. You've heard it said that "Tricks are for kids" i say nay to that... "Tricks are for tourneys!" Should be a great game. MP... Fairfield 62 Sw 55.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

POOT....that is hilarious, sounds like something Jay Bilas would think up.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:POOT....that is hilarious, sounds like something Jay Bilas would think up.
YES! I totally agree with you. As for savethenight, he's just trying to make a name for himself as always. I have a name for him: "FreshPrince-ofLatham" ... c'mon man... but maybe i'm wrong about you STN, your post was somewhat true... the late game could be a factor but most likely not an issue

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

I have to agree, this game comes down to two things: POT (points off turnovers) and POOT. Both were referenced in this thread earlier, and they are spot on. Will the Jeeps have more POT and POOT? Or will the Lions? That alone will tell you who wins this matchup between TWATS (Teams With Alotta Talent)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hopefully it will be a FPG ( fast paced game ) with lots of BAD ( break away dunks ) and in the end TBTW ( The best team wins) . Will someone with a lot of basketball knowledge give a full report of the POOT on SEOP ? thanks MD

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

Think SWHS has given up its share of POT (points off turnovers) in the past, but Goodard is due for a breakout game. Fuller is a defensive minded player and will be a factor in this one. Kyle Fuller will not get in foul trouble this time at the convo. Possibly it could come down to the team with the most BS winning. BS( bench scoring)

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

when the game ends one of them will be SOL (no description needed for that one)

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Red Ridding Hood wrote:Think SWHS has given up its share of POT (points off turnovers) in the past, but Goodard is due for a breakout game. Fuller is a defensive minded player and will be a factor in this one. Kyle Fuller will not get in foul trouble this time at the convo. Possibly it could come down to the team with the most BS winning. BS( bench scoring)
I remember Kyle Fuller he is very athletic kid, even more athletic than his brother Dever. The x-factor for the Jeeps though is Dryer. If he controls the boards the Jeeps have a shot, but Williams is THE REAL DEAL!!

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

No they won't silly. This is basketball, no one Strikes Out Looking.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Last I checked Kyle Fuller plays a mean tuba in the pep band... Denver is pretty good at baseball too

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I want to know what the tournament committee was smoking to schedule a tournament game at 9:30 PM on a Saturday night!?!?

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

jeep80 wrote:I want to know what the tournament committee was smoking to schedule a tournament game at 9:30 PM on a Saturday night!?!?
\

hopefully it was just cigarettes and you're not making any illegal drug insinuations on a basketball board. geesh. but yes POT (points off turnovers) will be plentiful tomorrow night but the POOT (points out of timeouts) will really start to stink up the convo. good luck basketball thirty go'ers

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

jeep80 wrote:I want to know what the tournament committee was smoking to schedule a tournament game at 9:30 PM on a Saturday night!?!?
My thoughts exactly. Does OU have a game earlier? What happened to championship Saturday?

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Fairfield by 7

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Swanker Pine wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Does OU have a game earlier? What happened to championship Saturday?
Yeah, OU has their senior day in the early afternoon, but it still seems ridiculously late regardless.

Return to “Boys Basketball”