Varsity Coaching openings for 2013-2014

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Re: Varsity Coaching openings for 2013-2014

Post by Been B&B »

Coach Evans at Circleville is an outstanding coach... His kids are always competitive if he just has a little talent...I believe he went to the District finals in his next to last year(losing to Chilli).. I would hope that he wasn't forced out because C-ville would be hard pressed to find another like him..I am not a friend but just an observer who has watched his teams play a few games per year the last several years.. he is one of those guys who is let go and ends up somewhere else and goes to the final four..Woody Hayes used to say "you can't have a circus without the animals"... Also if you look at Eaton at Greenfield and say he can't coach... just remember Dante is Gone..the good class that followed him is gone..Once again I think Eaton is a fine young coach..unfortunately he followed a legend and wasn't blessed with a great talent pool while others in his league has had the best talent they have had in years...

Underdog
Waterboy

Post by Underdog »

I hear Miami Trace has a opening.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Been B&B wrote:Coach Evans at Circleville is an outstanding coach... His kids are always competitive if he just has a little talent...I believe he went to the District finals in his next to last year(losing to Chilli).. I would hope that he wasn't forced out because C-ville would be hard pressed to find another like him..I am not a friend but just an observer who has watched his teams play a few games per year the last several years.. he is one of those guys who is let go and ends up somewhere else and goes to the final four..Woody Hayes used to say "you can't have a circus without the animals"... Also if you look at Eaton at Greenfield and say he can't coach... just remember Dante is Gone..the good class that followed him is gone..Once again I think Eaton is a fine young coach..unfortunately he followed a legend and wasn't blessed with a great talent pool while others in his league has had the best talent they have had in years...
Bingo! If you follow a legend and get several classes with little talent, it's going to look like you can't coach a little bit. He got as much as he could get out of his group last year, it's just a bit of a dry spell in Greenfield. If he goes to Burg (and following another legend) I believe he'll have more success.

Deeefense
Riding the Bench

Post by Deeefense »

Anybody heard anything about the Circleville job? I think that could be an interesting position.

marietta
Waterboy

Post by marietta »

Any word or rumors on new Marietta coach?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with "schools" needing to set summer shootouts/scrimmages/camp schedules/etc. - "WHEN" are these positions going to be filled??? the players for each of these schools NEED to know the structure of their programs "yesterday" imo ... by not naming a "head man" yet the programs listed are behind already ...

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

Sometimes it can be very difficult to fill high school positions due to the teaching situation. Many of the jobs are posted before the administration knows what teaching position(s) will be available. In most cases, that is the problem.

For schools that don't have a head coach named, typically the assistants will put together a schedule.

tigernation
Riding the Bench

Post by tigernation »

Coach Eaton would be a very good coach. Biggest issue at McClain is lack of a true point guard for the past several years. Despite that, his teams have been very competitive. He does a great job and would be a great fit at Wheelersburg.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Did they end up hiring someone for Alexander yet? I haven't seen a article in the Athens Messenger unless I missed it. How about down at Eastern? I heard Britton was out I am pretty sure that is the only 2 tvc schools that need coaches.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I heard Jeremy Hill applied for the Eastern coaching job. Don't know if that is 100% accurate or not. I'm not sure I even know who he is. I would like to see someone hired soon for summer workouts, shootouts, etc

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

Jim Kearns is the new coach at Alexander.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren JV coach Mark Duckworth to become Marietta boys varsity head coach.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Joe Goodyear is the new HC at Circleville. He's been the top assistant at Bloom Carroll the last few years and was the SVC coach of the year for the 93-94 season at Westfall.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good hire for Circleville. Should be an interesting season next year for the Tigers.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

I thought Coach Evans did an excellent job while he was there, but this is a big time hire by Circleville. Coach Goodyear will do great things with that program. Get ready for some tough, physical basketball teams.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Southeastern??

Johnny_Marzetti
Waterboy

Post by Johnny_Marzetti »

Huuuuuuuuuuge hire for Circleville.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

So I just heard two days ago they havent even talked to Kearns at Alexander from someone right in the middle of it, so are we sure he's been hired? Hill would be good at Eastern or Alexander.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Goodyear will leave Circleville once the Bloom Carroll job comes open in the future..

Return to “Boys Basketball”