(poll) Pfloyd's Elite 8 (final edition) - Tournament Thread

of the Elite 8 teams - which one will be the 'last team standing'?

Total votes: 0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: (poll) Pfloyd's Elite 8 (final edition) - Tournament Thr

Post by pfloyd »

:aaaaa35

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Floyd are you gonna be in the house tomorrow night to watch the jeeps throw down with miller?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I can smell the smoke all the way in Pa, pfloyd is not a happy camper

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

WHO WORKS WHEN ITS BASKETBALL THIRTY?????!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... WHO INDEED T. ! ... same thing last year, I had to miss the D2 finals due to the exact same work related scenario ... it is what it is ... Coach Helber - who IS going to the game - offered to SKYPE the games to me via iPAD LOL - gotta love it ! ... best of luck to all 4 teams tomorrow night - it will be a great "show" of that I'm certain ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Missing the DII finals is like:

- going to mardi gras - but not attending the parade or visiting Bourbon Street.

- its like going to the Daytona 500 - but only watching the Nationwide race on Saturday.

- its like having tickets to the World Series - but you decide to skip out on game 7.

- its like going to the Cotton Bowl - instead of the BCS national championship game.

- its like attending the 'play-in' games at Dayton - instead of going to watch the Final Four!

lol
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

- its like going and watching LYNARD SKYNARD ........... when you had tickets to see PINK FLOYD the same night!!!!

:)

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

93bulldog: You dont think Pfloyd found something better than basketball thirty do ya?! I mean, thats not really possible, is it?!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm pretty sure I would have to be dead to miss tomorrow nights games ... lol

broken limbs, the flu, death in the family (other than myself), a car wreck ... even if my house caught on fire and I lost everything ... my rear end would still be at the Convo Thursday!

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I already feel down about missing tomorrow night's D2 games ... 4 of my favorite teams of the 2012-13 season ... great coaches, TEAMS , fans ... the Convo/Basketball Thirty ... Warren/Athens have been in the Elite 8 ALL season ... Vinton Co worked their way into the top 8 and showed they deserved the ranking, while Miami Trace was ranked in the elite grouping before falling out in the last few weeks of regulation ... "no one" will feel as bad as I do about not being able to attend than the committee of one - me ... I probably need to give up my Convo "reserved" seating in the Cheap Seats ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I need to contact "Lou" I'm sure he has a good lead on available seats at the Convo - I'm looking for something in "green" Lou ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... I need to contact "Lou" I'm sure he has a good lead on available seats at the Convo - I'm looking for something in "green" Lou ...

We got you one ... its in the 'light green' section ... is that o.k.?

lol

BTW ... just say the word and we'll put operation 'illegal phone call' into action ...... ;-)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd, you'll have to have a pocket radio with you and listen to the games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren vs Vinton Co.

... a few Pfloyd IMO's in the "pre game" ...

Vinton County :

Coach Combs Vikings played their way into the district final by beating Fairland 65-61 ... 65 points? great point total offensively for VC - the Vikings bench contributed 21 points in the game with freshman Jordan Albright leading the VC scoring with 15 points off the bench ... scoring for Vinton Co was distributed fairly evenly among the starters - Jason Kidd 13, LB Remy 9, Alex Owings 9, Bryce Owings 8, Matt Smallwood 5 - balanced scoring is exactly what VC needs to get a "W" vs the BBB ...Vinton County was 2/13 from beyond the arc at the Convo in their first appearance - Remy/Kidd will need to draw a better bead on the target from downtown 5+ treys is a goal ... only 12 TOs for the Vikings in the game vs a very quick, pressuring Fairland squad - 12 TO's is a number Coach Combs can live with vs Warren tomorrow night ... defensively? VC can not give up 61 points vs WHS AND win ... for VC to put a SE District championship trophy in the case they will need to hold Warren under the magic number of 50 points for the game ...

Warren Local :

Warren Local makes the trip to the district final by way of their win over Unioto 50-39 ...Coach Maddox's troops holding the Shermans to 39 points for the game - perfect ... WHS needs to continue the defensive pressure they showed coming out of intermission vs Unioto - holding UHS to 15 points in the 2nd half/4 fgs ... can they apply the pressure for 4 periods vs a VC team that goes 10 deep while the Warriors go 2 off the bench ? with the shorter bench Warren needs to stay out of foul trouble ... the TO game? Warren had only 10 vs UHS but look for the Vinton Co. quickness to force more TOs - taking care of the ball on every possession is a must for the BBB ... Offensively the Warrior seniors stepped up for WHS - Dylan Leffingwell 10 points all in the 2nd half, Adam Lang (10pts) played BIG in the first half keeping the Blue in the game until the defense took over in the last 2 quarters ... Evan French was well Evan French (19 pts) ... Warren was only 3 for 11 from the 3 point line - Warren relies on perimeter scoring - when you RELY ON IT you better GET IT ... in the district final Warren WILL NEED the other 2/3's of the Warren Big 3 to score - Michael Hall (3 points)/Reece Patton (8 points) ... both Hall/Patton need to be in double figures scoring for the game to move the Warriors into regional play ... 50 points offensively in the district final allows the outcome to be in question , it will mean VC will be playing to win when Lou says "2 minutes! 2 minutes!!" ... IF Warren gets perimeter offense, double figure scoring from the BIG 3 and continued pressure defense for 32 minutes , the Warriors will be cutting down the nets when all is said and done Thursday night ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... do they have TV monitors up in the "light green" seats ? ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... do they have TV monitors up in the "light green" seats ? ...

I don't think so ... but I can perhaps, instead of Subway, sneak you in a pair of binoculars?

BTW ... THE CONVO 2013 PAGE WAS UPDATED WITH ALL 2013 PHOTOS! ........... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Athens vs Miami Trace

... a few Pfloyd IMO's in the "pre game" ...

Miami Trace :

Coach Stauffer's Panthers knocked off Logan Elm 48-41 to advance into a district final slot ... hard to gauge how much of the 41 point total for LE was due to the Miami Trace defense vs being that LE had a tough time at the offensive end all season ... with that said however Trace forced 16 Braves turnovers in the game - uncharacteristic of LE ... the Miami Trace "MO" for the season has been to play tough, pressure "D" ... the pressure defense on the perimeter IS something that imo will go a long way to keeping MT in the game vs Athens ... scoring out of the transition game/off of the defensive pressure IS a must in this one ... MT will need to get help in the paint with the Bulldogs big - senior Jared Elmore ... sophomore Cedric Pettiford (6-4) fouled out of the game vs LE when LE had NO inside presence - Athens not only has Elmore at 6-5 looking to score in the paint, they will have Saltzman, Watson, Leuhrman "squared", Burrow ALL going to the rim ... C. Pettiford vs the Athens offensive attack "in the paint" will decide this one ... offensively MT vs LE was 4/6 from behind the arc - Jaron Brust came off the bench for 2 threes while Blake Baldwin IS the offensive go to player (12 points vs LE) ... Trace vs LE did not score the ball in the mid range game (0 fgs from the paint out to the 3 point line) - if it wasn't in the paint it was a limited look beyond the arc (only 6 attempts BUT 4 makes) ... Miami Trace has to make this low scoring, has to keep Athens below the 50 mark, has to keep their BIG Pettiford on the floor while getting to the Athens bench with foul trouble ...

Athens :

... the Bulldogs of Athens snapped out of their first half daze vs Chillicothe to win going away 59-49 ... 31 points in the 4th period for Athens - scoring at the rim, scoring from beyond the arc AND playing D ... Athens will again outsize their opponent at every position ... Athens went 4/11 from 3 point land vs CHS - Joey Burrow, Ibi Watson, Sawyer Summers (0 points vs Chilli) could get the Bulldogs separation early with their perimeter game ... Summers never got in the flow of the offense vs CHS - look for the senior to contribute early Thursday night ... as I posted above I look for TEAM Athens to use their length to get into the paint early and often putting pressure on MT's interior defense ... Saltzman & Co. will need to take care of the ball vs the MT pressure/AHS can not give up the turnover out on the perimeter or Trace will turn the TOs into transition buckets going the other way ... defensively Athens WILL apply pressure out of their normal D - MT showed vs LE that they will turn the ball over (21 TOs vs LE) under pressure, Athens though not as quick as LE have that sneaky speed by Saltzman and "length" in the passing lanes ... Athens will look to play in the half court, hurt the Panthers in the paint ... if the outside shot isn't falling the Bulldogs have the horses/size to live in the paint while holding MT in check on the defensive end ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good run down Floyd ... your last sentence is what I like most about the 'Dogs ... they have DIFFERENT ways to score, different ways to win ... 'one dimensional' teams don't last long at this stage - Athens has a variety of ways they can play on a given night ... I've seen them get out and run (i.e. 76-72 win over River) ... or they can slow it down, play tough D and pound it inside (i.e. 52-44 win over Vinton County).

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I don't think either will be particularly close.

Athens and Warren will meet next week in the Regional Semi's after each winning by 10+.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is the start time for FRIDAY nights first game at 5:00 pm ??? ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”