3/04/13 - Eastern Meigs (5) vs Notre Dame (1)

TitanPride
Freshman Team

3/04/13 - Eastern Meigs (5) vs Notre Dame (1)

Post by TitanPride »

Titans headed back to the Convo with some things to prove, this team is so focused and ready. No doubt about being prepared, Matt is the best coach in this area IMO. I think that the Titans will come out ready to pound on them. They aren't there for site seeing this year, they are ready to win. Thoughts/Predictions?

Super trooper
All State

Re: 3/04/13 - Eastern Meigs (5) vs Notre Dame (1)

Post by Super trooper »

Easterns defense has been pretty solid the second half of the year so I don't envision us getting blown out. This will be less than 10 points and I think it could go either way

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

TitanPride wrote:Titans headed back to the Convo with some things to prove, this team is so focused and ready. No doubt about being prepared, Matt is the best coach in this area IMO. I think that the Titans will come out ready to pound on them. They aren't there for site seeing this year, they are ready to win. Thoughts/Predictions?
So focused and ready? Didnt they just have a close game with Clay who lost to NEW BOSTON just a couple weeks ago? Sure looks like it..

And, Matt is the best coach in the area?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

D4hero wrote:
TitanPride wrote:Titans headed back to the Convo with some things to prove, this team is so focused and ready. No doubt about being prepared, Matt is the best coach in this area IMO. I think that the Titans will come out ready to pound on them. They aren't there for site seeing this year, they are ready to win. Thoughts/Predictions?
So focused and ready? Didnt they just have a close game with Clay who lost to NEW BOSTON just a couple weeks ago? Sure looks like it..

And, Matt is the best coach in the area?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
If you want to call a 20 point victory close go ahead. I don't know what you call a big victory. You're not going to rattle me or make me look like a fool like you just did. ND hasn't ever gotten respect from anyone around here. Quite frankly I don't care and I know they don't. They play with a chip on their shoulder every game. Going 18-3, getting a 1 seed isn't enough for you then you just have a personal problem with ND. That's fine. Point is ND is one of the best teams around. Those "spoon fed" kids really put a hitting on a lot of teams this year. As for Coach Mader you say what you want I said in my opinion, incase you don't understand IMO. He took this team from never winning an SOC since 1980 to winning one in his first three years, finished second this season, splitting with Eastern. He turned this program around.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

I would hope that ND could meet up with South Webster so maybe then D4Hero after back to back wins against your Jeeps you would reconsider your ignorance. But that won't happen. You won't know what to do against Eastern Pike.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

D4Hero, why turn this into an argument? People do have opinions, and I'm not sure why you bother posting in the ND thread. Everyone knows you hate ND and seem to always point out some flaw the school has or why the team isn't good enough.

I'll throw my in my opinion and go out and say Mader is one of the top coaches in the area. Notice I said one of, so don't get all bent out of shape and start a little rant. My reasoning for this is the same as TitanPride, you cannot knock someone for turning a once forgotten program into the top contender each year, any coach willing to sacrifice their time away from family to benefit kids lives on and off the court needs credit.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

LOL lets not act like EP and ND are world beaters bc they most def are not. SW wouldn't be scared to play either team. It's obv that these 3 teams are hands down the best in the district, lets just leave it at that. All 3 are capable of beating each other on any given night

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Good luck to all the rest of the way

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Everyone knows I hate ND? What? Please go back and find posts of mine where I made it clear that I hate ND.

Correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as am I. And to say Matt is the best coach around is simply laughable and you need to crawl out of your hole eventually and realize there's basketball outside of Notre Dame. He hasn't even made it to a District Final let alone WIN one. What about Norm Persin? He has only won State and tons of District titles. Barrick? Even Rolfe has went further in his first year. LaFon? Davis at Peake? Ater at SW has won a district title and has a district runner up in his first 3 seasons. Fitch at Eastern has had way more success. Beucler at Eastern Brown. The list goes on and on.

I'm not saying ND is bad, or that he hasn't had good regular season success the last 3 years. But 3 years is not a sample size to claim he's the best around, and tournament success speaks for itself.

Personally, I agree with Buzz that Eastern, Notre Dame, and SW are the 3 best D4 teams around. And if there's ever a year for Matt to win a district, its this one because their side of the bracket is way worse than the other side (Fairfield Leesburg is arguably the 4th best team around and some argue as good as SW/ND/EP --- they also are on the other side of the bracket).

Good luck the rest of the way, but come on, lets ATLEAST be realistic.

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Good luck Eastern!

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

buzz - well stated. D4HERO - just let it go -- you will feel better :lol:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Time to get back to some game talk...I dunno what Reedsville Eastern has othan a sub-.500 record. But historically, they have been a tough out in the tourney. Further, is the TVC better than originally thought (after seeing what Waterford did to Symmes Valley, might be)? Hard to make a prediction without knowing anything about Reedsville Eastern, but given that ND has beaten Beaver Eastern and played Minford tough on the road earlier in the season, they should be fine Monday night. A District Championship is there for the taking for Notre Dame if they show up ready to play next week.*

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern has Carnahan- Maybe the best guard in the TVC Hocking. Pullins has been a rebounding monster recently. Cook has been playing well. Recently we've held meigs to 9 points at halftime and southern to 10 points at halftime. They'll definitely be amped and ready to go. They are a big underdog but they believe in what they are doing right now. Should be an exciting game

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I believe ND can be beat if someone can match their intensity. They go balls to the wall the whole game. And, as far as being better lately its because they have been able to keep kids into High School, something they werent able to do before the last few years. They are in top physical shape, and dont let up. I would be willing to bet that they scored 75% of their points this year on the break. Slow them down, and make them play a half court offense, and you will have a chance. Eastern may be a team that can do that, dont know much about them.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern has to limit second chance points to have any shot at winning this game. Control the boards and they can control tempo ( fast break ) . I know eastern Meigs has a excellent guard but him chaseing Kayser and Lewis around will wear him down I'm afraid. I like the Titans in this one by 14 .57-43 final.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

If ND presses Eastern this game will be ugly for Eastern. If they don't Carnahan and Pullins will give Eastern a shot at winning.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND will press -- that is a given.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

ND will press. Last season they continued to press South Gallia when it wasnt working and lost. The Convo floor is BIG and more difficult to full court trap effectively IMHO.

Titans by 15. Looking at their draw, if ND is ever to win a District Title, it is this year. It couldnt be any easier with Symmes Valley going down. All the best teams are in the Eastern's bracket this season.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Eaglesnest wrote:ND will press. Last season they continued to press South Gallia when it wasnt working and lost. The Convo floor is BIG and more difficult to full court trap effectively IMHO.

Titans by 15. Looking at their draw, if ND is ever to win a District Title, it is this year. It couldnt be any easier with Symmes Valley going down. All the best teams are in the Eastern's bracket this season.

I think teams in the Meigs bracket are going to have to start putting their #1 seed at #2 to counter the coaches in the Valley sectional. Every year they have the Meigs #1 playing better teams. If Norte Dame doesn't make it this year with their draw they will never make it.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

I hope to make it to Athens tomorrow to take this one in..

Good luck ND and Coach Mader..

Return to “Boys Basketball”