All-S.O.C. Teams

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: All-S.O.C. Teams

Post by smurray »

Couldnt agree more 91grad, a true shame. Not one person on here is taking anything away from Dunn but McBee deserved it as much or maybe even more.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

McCray should have been co-player. We could have won without McBee but not without McCray. Vote was 6-2 for Dunn. So what's Dunn is Dunn. Quit whining ! Actions speak louder than mcbee's play on court. They should worry about his other actions!!!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Mcbee should have never left the burg! If you really want to know the truth The coach of Minford had a lot of say in who is selected from his team. I heard some rumblings during the season that Mcbee had some selfish moments maybe thats why..................

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

then what wrote:Mcbee should have never left the burg! If you really want to know the truth The coach of Minford had a lot of say in who is selected from his team. I heard some rumblings during the season that Mcbee had some selfish moments maybe thats why..................

If Coach Shoemaker can't even influence the SOC enough to help a player out for an award, I highly doubt he's got pull in the Ohio-Kentucky All Star game. That's like saying your good enough to play for the Lakers but not good enough to play for the Buckeyes.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Congrats to McBee on winning the 3 point contest at the Ohio vs Kentucky All Star game.. Against the best of the best from both states... And taking the 3 point championship for the Ohio team over Kentucky ! ... And as for the negative comments made by Minfords own fan and the selfish comments are more than halarious .. Haters will Hate and Adults will act like children themselves with there posts and comments about a kid they barely know but just thru watching him play on a basketball court.. If I was McBee and knew who lrn4lf was I think my action toward him would be to tell him he is # 1 in my book... lol...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

lrn4lf wrote:McCray should have been co-player. We could have won without McBee but not without McCray.
I would agree with this from a Burg perspective. In the 2 games agaist Burg McBee had about 10 pts and McCray had around 45. Dunn also had big games both times I saw him play this year. If you look through the list of recent SOC players of the year, they nearly all have one thing in common, SIZE (Aldridge, Miller, Stegman, Spradlin, Kretzer,....). Basically, if you have a good player with size, they will be dominant in the SOC. Does anyone have a good list of the SOC POY for the past 10 years?

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

4th n Goal wrote:
lrn4lf wrote:McCray should have been co-player. We could have won without McBee but not without McCray.
I would agree with this from a Burg perspective. In the 2 games agaist Burg McBee had about 10 pts and McCray had around 45. Dunn also had big games both times I saw him play this year. If you look through the list of recent SOC players of the year, they nearly all have one thing in common, SIZE (Aldridge, Miller, Stegman, Spradlin, Kretzer,....). Basically, if you have a good player with size, they will be dominant in the SOC. Does anyone have a good list of the SOC POY for the past 10 years?
Your right wonder how many assists and shots actually taken he actually had in those 2 games ?? My guess is several assists and not many shots on goal in either game... Maybe going with the actual game plan in those 2 games and not being a selfish player as mentioned above in a post as to why he didnt get POY.. So well there goes that theory.....lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bballin wrote:Your right wonder how many assists and shots actually taken he actually had in those 2 games ?? My guess is several assists and not many shots on goal in either game... Maybe going with the actual game plan in those 2 games and not being a selfish player as mentioned above in a post as to why he didnt get POY.. So well there goes that theory.....lol
Maybe he didn't get POY because he wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team? Looking at recent POY, last year when you played Waverly you knew Kretzer was going to get the ball and you knew what was going to happen. You had to live with it and keep anyone else from beating you. The same can be said of Valley last year with Yates or Burg the year before with Stegman. All of those players were the game plan for their respective teams and that is why they were POY. If you take any of those 3 players off of their teams, the team would not have had nearly the same success. If you take McBee off of Minford, would they have had nearly the same record? My opinion is that yes, they would have.

Going back to your comment on McBee taking few shots and having several assists in the games against Burg, you are probably correct on both, but did Minford have players on the bench that could have taken a low number of shots and made some entry passes to McCray, absolutlely.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Saw alot of box and 1 and double teams on McBee thru out the year . Also saw the others team best defender on him most of the game also heard alot of coaches On the radio talking about keys to the game is containing McBee . Saw him and Dunn at the Convo McBee scored 25 and Dunn 2... The fact is everyone can argue this point and that point about whatever . My opinion and I would say 80 plus % of fans or spectators of the game they feel McBee got screwed due to just not liking the kid for whatever reason . Rather his attitude or Burg fans don't like him bc he left Burg or whatever . I do believe he was 4 and 0 against Burg as a falcon .. The kid got named 2nd team All Ohio and was voted on the Ohio All Star team . And represented Ohio very well and even won the 3 pt contest for Ohio during the All Star weekend . Facts scored over 1000 points over his high school career , and avg 21.3 ppg his senior year .. He is a very talented athlete and point guard .. Regardless of ever ones opinion .....

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Speaking of History on SOC 2 POY .. I have a question .. Has there ever been a Senior that there team won the SOC , that individual averaged over 20 points per game that year and did not win or share POY honors ???? And as far as being a big , yea Im sure McBee would have loved to have been blessed with a 6'4 or 6'6 frame to work with .. And you bring up Kretzer ad Yates sharing POY last year . My Opinion Kretzer deserved it outright one of the best basketball players to come thru this area in a long time , BUT because there were co SOC champs there were Co POY's , there for Yates getting a share of POY ... An you mention Minford without McBee would still be winners , well in my opinion if McBee stayed at Burg then Burg would have been contenders and won alot more games over the last 2 years and not struggled as bad as any Burg team has in many years ... But then again that's just My Opinion ....

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

91Grad wrote:Saw alot of box and 1 and double teams on McBee thru out the year . Also saw the others team best defender on him most of the game also heard alot of coaches On the radio talking about keys to the game is containing McBee . Saw him and Dunn at the Convo McBee scored 25 and Dunn 2... The fact is everyone can argue this point and that point about whatever . My opinion and I would say 80 plus % of fans or spectators of the game they feel McBee got screwed due to just not liking the kid for whatever reason . Rather his attitude or Burg fans don't like him bc he left Burg or whatever . I do believe he was 4 and 0 against Burg as a falcon .. The kid got named 2nd team All Ohio and was voted on the Ohio All Star team . And represented Ohio very well and even won the 3 pt contest for Ohio during the All Star weekend . Facts scored over 1000 points over his high school career , and avg 21.3 ppg his senior year .. He is a very talented athlete and point guard .. Regardless of ever ones opinion .....

I couldn't have said it any better myself! Agree 110%

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bballin wrote:Speaking of History on SOC 2 POY .. I have a question .. Has there ever been a Senior that there team won the SOC , that individual averaged over 20 points per game that year and did not win or share POY honors ???? And as far as being a big , yea Im sure McBee would have loved to have been blessed with a 6'4 or 6'6 frame to work with .. And you bring up Kretzer ad Yates sharing POY last year . My Opinion Kretzer deserved it outright one of the best basketball players to come thru this area in a long time , BUT because there were co SOC champs there were Co POY's , there for Yates getting a share of POY ... An you mention Minford without McBee would still be winners , well in my opinion if McBee stayed at Burg then Burg would have been contenders and won alot more games over the last 2 years and not struggled as bad as any Burg team has in many years ... But then again that's just My Opinion ....
There was no co-champs in 2012. Valley won it outright.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

My mistake.. You are correct Crab's brother.. :-D .. Speaking of SOC 2 division.. I like Valley this year to repeat along with Minford... Those 2 teams look solid again .. Burg as a sleeper team to watch for..

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Valley win the league but I feel West will be the second best team in the league next year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”