Freshman Team

Re: Piketon vs. Valley

Post by Softball_skids »

Thanks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This was a tremendous game to listen to on the radio. The wkkj guys were outstanding. Valley being up 12 and not winning is a pretty good shock.

Sounded like the younger Farmer kid really stepped up in clutch time. Valley was 15-17 on free throws but then missed 2 with 17 seconds left.....tough loss

pinballwizard
Waterboy

Post by pinballwizard »

piketon started slow but finally woke up when the williams kid came off the bench and when they pressed valley , the refs were a non factor in this one. It's tournament time and the best team goes on and the rest go home, period. Good luck to the streaks Friday !

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

pinballwizard wrote:piketon started slow but finally woke up when the williams kid came off the bench and when they pressed valley , the refs were a non factor in this one. It's tournament time and the best team goes on and the rest go home, period. Good luck to the streaks Friday !
The refs were a non factor are you out of your mind did you not see the calls at the end of the fourth :roll:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

scottsmith wrote:I don't know how that was the worse call.. Moore setup camp when the big boy charged him!
This is exactly what you said on the radio.

Do you have to cite yourself in that situation? Lol

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Dr. Know the play your talking about was a perfect charge call. Under the rim? This isn't college. The big dude just plowed the piketon kid.
Last edited by freethrow on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Glad Piketon got the win, the community deserved something good to happen, but they should thank their lucky stars. They got out played for 31/2 qtrs, before they went on the 14-0 run. RIP Katie!

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

No sour grapes here. Not a Valley fan, just hoops fan. I probably shouldn't have said that, but I felt they butchered the game. The call was bad and a huge momentum swing. That's the call that guy loves to make. Some guys are like that and that stuff happens. I enjoyed a great day of ball. This was the best game of the night like I thought it would be. The Streaks did a great job late at making big plays. He blew that call though! As a spectator with a great view, there was little or no contact. A no call was actually the right call. Total flop! I just hate seeing a game changing call happen like that.

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Did I not call it ,lol

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

greatone wrote:Dr. Know the play your talking about was a perfect charge call. Under the rim? This isn't college. The big dude just plowed the piketon kid. The official you talk about works regional tournment year in and year out and has worked the State. As a former offical I find it surpising you would talk about another official. Sounds like sour grapes on your part. Get over it.

Dr know plainly states he had no dog in the fight .....and if he is in fact a former ref ....and a peer of the goofball that made the call ...then i would say he has every right to say that he is a bad ref ....i dont care if the guy refs in the pros if your bad your bad.....and the piketon kid flopped..was there contact yes ....but it was no more contact than most people got in the concession line ....plain and simple Valley had WAY to many turnovers and WAY to many missed layups and still had a chance to win ....

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Great charge call, sour grapes and I'm saying you had a dog in this fight our didn't get any tourament games? to bad. Congrats to Piketon and great game to watch. Losers will always blame the refs, it's just how it is.

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

No sir that's not the case. I don't call anymore because I watch my grand kids play. I'm from the Chillicothe area but I have live in Scioto county the last 8 years. I just love the game. What I witnessed in this game was poor officiating. I've stated that this wasn't the reason for Valley's loss. I don't understand how people can point out facets of the game about players or coaches like they know what is going on, and I have experience in an area and it is sour grapes. Makes no sense! It doesn't take away from Piketon's win but I saw a few good young officials tonight that did not have a tournament game. I would bet a paycheck that the charge was a flop, I would love to see video. Regardless, this was an excellent high school game!

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Thre best team won , what the problem easy. To figure out valley go home Piketon playsfri
Let it go valley fans. Get them bats a n balls out son baseball season for them indians

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

greatone wrote:Great charge call, sour grapes and I'm saying you had a dog in this fight our didn't get any tourament games? to bad. Congrats to Piketon and great game to watch. Losers will always blame the refs, it's just how it is.

Didnt blame the refs ....stated bad call on that play.... Dunn wasnt a factor from the first call ....valley had their chances ...couldnt finish...hard to win when you cant shoot layups ...and no dog in the fight ..but a crap call that can be agrued til the end of time

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Valley coaches put a show on the bench all three was jawing at refs th whole game , gotta learn to keep your. Cool
Wasn't th e refs tht blew this game , it's was th coaches they blew it , very. Sad

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

Once again, not a Valley fan. Also Joker before you point fingers you may want to invest in some English tutoring and use your spell check.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley started hot but then the turnovers plagued them. I thought there were some bad calls on both ends but it didn't decide the game.

Biggest problems for Valley besides turnovers were overcoming the half court trap, lay ups, Piketon played scrappiest and you cannot take a technical in the final seconds of a tight game.

In all honesty Valley had a chance to bury Piketon early on but they didn't. I thought Jeff Lisath made great adjustments throughout the game defensively. They took Dunn completely out of the game. Didn't he only have 3 pts?

Good season Valley. Good luck to Piketon.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

thejoker wrote:Thre best team won , what the problem easy. To figure out valley go home Piketon playsfri
Let it go valley fans. Get them bats a n balls out son baseball season for them indians

HUH??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Put your teeth in while typing. :shock: :shock: I don't understand you! 8)

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Just trying tell you tht u lost quit crying!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

No one is crying. People are allowed to voice their opinions on a chat board. After all, that's why these things exist. Now, see how much easier you are understood when you put your teeth in your mouth. 8)

Return to “Boys Basketball”