TOP D2 OR D3 SEO SCHOOL VS TOP WEST VIRGINIA AAA TEAM

warriornation
Riding the Bench

TOP D2 OR D3 SEO SCHOOL VS TOP WEST VIRGINIA AAA TEAM

Post by warriornation »

MY BROTHER IN LAW AND MYSELF HAVE HAD AN ONGOING ARGUMENT THIS YEAR ON WHO WOULD WIN. A TOP RANKED D2 TEAM LIKE WARREN OR D3 TEAM LIKE IRONTON VS A TOP RANKED WEST VIRGINIA AAA TEAM LIKE PARKERSBURG SOUTH OR SOUTH CHARLESTON.

THOUGHTS??

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Re: TOP D2 OR D3 SEO SCHOOL VS TOP WEST VIRGINIA AAA TEAM

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

I think this year's parkersburg south team would beat warren. Can't say of the other 2 because I haven't seen Ironton or SC play

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Depends on where it's @ FF played South and lost by 12 but trailed 2 with mins left. Last night they went to Wheeling play park at play bad but trailled 34-27 after 3 losing 36-53 that being said Warren would beat both.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Warren and Ironton would probably beat both.

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Warren and Ironton would probably beat both.
My thoughts exactly! Convincing him of that ( a Parkersburg South grad) will be difficult.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... West Virginia teams = Foreign teams ... don't they still have a jump ball after every made basket in W.Va. ? :mrgreen:

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

pfloyd wrote:... West Virginia teams = Foreign teams ... don't they still have a jump ball after every made basket in W.Va. ? :mrgreen:

lol.. yep, and they still use a ladder to get the ball out of the basket..

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

I know one thing about WV ball, they take there state tournament seriously, they would not let a 1-19 team compete in a state tournament, they understand that when gasoline is approaching $4.00 a gallon that a little common since goes a long way. Spend that money a little more responsibly.

I guess Ohio's state tournament must be ran like P.E. class everyone gets a turn, no segregation from those who earned there way there and those who I guess just entitled. GOOOO Jaaaaackson , Warren you sure did beat some great competition way to go. No competition - No Schottenstein.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Please warriornation, have you seen the Patriots play ? Your brother in law must be smoking some really good weed!!! To refer to South as a top ranked team in WV isn't something to brag about. It is obvious that he has not watched any top ranked Ohio basketball teams. There are several D2-D3- and D4 schools that would beat the ALMIGHTY Patriots. Give me break!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Ontheriver wrote:Warren you sure did beat some great competition way to go. No competition - No Schottenstein.

R U kidding me??? Haters gonna hate. AP #1 Newark Catholic, Athens, DI Cols Upper Arlington, Chesapeake, and Fort Frye are ALL quality teams. In those 6 games the Warriors were 5-1 winning by an average score of 60-54. 4 League champions in the group and 4 possible district champions as well. Yes the SEOAL is down this year but that happens in every league from time to time. All the Warren kids could do is play the schedule they had. So hate all you want "Ontheriver" but the Warren Warriors have had an amazing season and your sour grapes doesn't change a thing.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

this is kinda silly... first....warren may be ranked but they certainly are not one of the top D2 teams in the state!! This gets worked out every year when warren gets to the districts and starts to play teams from Columbus. There are teams all over cities like Cleveland, Toledo, Cincinnati, etc. that are much better than Warren. Rankings mean absolutely nothing. Trust me there are 12-10 teams in these big cities that would drill Warren. That being said, they are still probably as good if not better than Parkersburg South. When talking about D2 in Ohio, there are many teams who have players who will be playing D1 college basketball at some point. It is simply a completely different level than what is at places like Parkersburg South. Ironton, on the other hand, actually is pretty close to the cream of the crop in D3. I think the D3 champion in Ohio and the best AAA teams in West Virginia would be very comparable. Having said that, I believe Ironton would beat South pretty easily....lets say 10-15 points. South simply doesnt have anyone on the same level as Carter or Fletcher.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The location of the Ohio River doesn't have a single thing to do with whether Parkersburg South or Warren is better at basketball. It isn't a WV vs. OH thing. Frankly, they should already be playing each other twice a year. Both school fanbases should bug their AD's until this matchup happens.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

I agree efarn, also agree with johnny ringo - districts will be there final dance.

I just find it so embarrasing of those from Southern Ohio how they look down on WV and think there sports are so much better because there from Ohio.

Well if you talk to the Northern Ohioans they don't even acknowledge Southern Ohio sports, theres just not much competion down there they say. They refer to southern Ohio as the Lap Over, that is where West Virginia laps over Southern Ohio.

Bottom line is I couldnt even tell you if Parkersburg South even has a basketball team. Wrestling is the Sport and WV thumps all the southern Ohio wrestling so called teams. Its a MAN's world out there so support your local wrestling program.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

if anyone really cared about wrestling that would mean something!! I guess you guys rule in ping pong too! :lol: :lol:

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Ask South fans what happens when they travel to Cleveland for a wrestling match. Can you say BEAT DOWN!!! There good in WV because they are the biggest show in the state. WV sports are a step below that's the facts.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

I guess Ohio's state tournament must be ran like P.E. class everyone gets a turn, no segregation from those who earned there way there and those who I guess just entitled. GOOOO Jaaaaackson , Warren you sure did beat some great competition way to go. No competition - No Schottenstein.[/quote]

talk about the Ohio tourney, the WV tourney is double elimination. PHS played south charleston in the sectional then had to play them again in the state semifinals last year. how can you hold a double elimination state tourney? Maybe bc there are almost as many schools in WV as in inner city Columbus

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Biggest difference between ohio and wv is fundamentals. Ik that's what college football coaches say at ohio u. Guessing same for basketball. Saw south play and they were big but no real team offense. Vinton, warren, and athens would beat them

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

Johnny Quest wrote:Please warriornation, have you seen the Patriots play ? Your brother in law must be smoking some really good weed!!! To refer to South as a top ranked team in WV isn't something to brag about. It is obvious that he has not watched any top ranked Ohio basketball teams. There are several D2-D3- and D4 schools that would beat the ALMIGHTY Patriots. Give me break!
Yes Ive seen them play several games. I think you are mistaking me for someone else because I think that Warren and Ironton would probably beat South but I dont think it would be a slaughter. South just beat Belpre, a middle of the road TVC team by 30 and played their bench most of the second half. Warren played Belpre and earlier this year and beat them by 10 or 12 cant remember exactly. Warren was not playing well that night but still it's the only comparison that I have except for Fort Frye and thats a rivalry game for Warren so they are normally close.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

WarriorBlue wrote:
Ontheriver wrote:Warren you sure did beat some great competition way to go. No competition - No Schottenstein.

R U kidding me??? Haters gonna hate. AP #1 Newark Catholic, Athens, DI Cols Upper Arlington, Chesapeake, and Fort Frye are ALL quality teams. In those 6 games the Warriors were 5-1 winning by an average score of 60-54. 4 League champions in the group and 4 possible district champions as well. Yes the SEOAL is down this year but that happens in every league from time to time. All the Warren kids could do is play the schedule they had. So hate all you want "Ontheriver" but the Warren Warriors have had an amazing season and your sour grapes doesn't change a thing.

Anyone know if Warren made it out of the Convo.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Ontheriver wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:

Anyone know if Warren made it out of the Convo.
You're about 4 days too early :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”