When is the date that Warren will win the Div II championsii

Grinder
Freshman Team

Re: When is the date that Warren will win the Div II champio

Post by Grinder »

I have noticed Ironton doesn't have a thread like this probably because they have been to the state before and know you play to get there and talking gets you no where.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

So true, but its kinda fun on a rainy Tuesday night.....

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I started this thread and didn't realize the TVC and Unioto was going to get in an uproar. It was a statement to bring out positive thinking with no bashing of the team. I don't bash any team, as the players are the ones that go on the floor and make things happen or not. Warren has the talent to go far and I hope they do, and no bashing will change my mind. I solidly root for Warren, so if you want to be negative about them and bash them, then do it on your own thread. Don't be a hater because it just shows how childish you really are.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

WarriorBlue wrote:
How many times has Athens won a district title? Prolly not since Coach Mac strolled the sidelines for the green and gold. Win or lose the Warriors will play hard and play with pride just like they've done all year. I realize this winning thing is new for Athens (since joining the weak TVC) but really show a little class

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Looks like the Warrior faithful took some shots at the TVC. Warren could possibly face both Champions of the TVC to make the regional final. We will see just how weak it is. Typically as a whole the SEOAL is stronger. If anyone thinks otherwise, they must live under a rock. But with that said, this year, I think as a whole, the TVC is just as good, if not better. Warren is getting bashed just the same as VC does almost every year. There was a thread from last year that was nothing g but VC bashing. Take it as a compliment warrior fans.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Dundas I got mad respect for Vinton Co and Athens. My earlier comment was in regards to the comment about losing to lower seeds. Coach Combs get the very most out of his players. He and his program are a class act 4sure!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

People like to look at what you haven't done, not what you have done. I hope VC and Warren meet for a district final. Although Fairland and Unioto are going to be tough to get by. I really enjoy watching VC and old league rival Warren play. Its typically a dogfight.

I stick up for my league. I've watched and played in the TVC my whole life and respect every member.. well, except Wellston ;) ..but I do wonder how the TVC would look currently if Warren hadn't left in the mid 80s. They burnt a lot of bridges when they left and there is still some from both sides that banter about it.. but it just adds to the rivalry in the rare meetings between the two.

zeb
Waterboy

Post by zeb »

They have no chance this year. Three of the four schools are parochial schools in the DII tournament this year. It is time for a change.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Yes, indeed. It is time for a change. Selective enrollment schools make up about 22-24% of the total school number but yet, there are 3 out of 4 in the D2 state championship games and there is 3 out of 4 in the D4 championship games. That is not counting the number of selective enrollment schools that made the Sweet 16 in each division.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Hey Schnell: 3/16/13....Just incase you forgot to write it down.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Hey Schnell: 3/16/13....Just incase you forgot to write it down.
I believe that is the date where more history was made this year.....That was the day we got our ticket for the BIG SHOW in Columbus.....I am not saying we are winning state, but for an "over rated" team such as WARREN, we will still get the chance to play some of the greatest b-ball we can throw at anybody......I hope our opponents look at us and say, "Who is Warren", just like New Philadelphia did......And in the end, if God wills it, maybe they will say, "THAT WAS WARREN".

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

zeb wrote:They have no chance this year. Three of the four schools are parochial schools in the DII tournament this year. It is time for a change.

Does that make Warren the DII Public School Champion? Lol

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

WarriorBlue wrote:
zeb wrote:They have no chance this year. Three of the four schools are parochial schools in the DII tournament this year. It is time for a change.

Does that make Warren the DII Public School Champion? Lol
I believe that puts this whole thread into perfect perspective........We are the public school b-ball champions of div II......

Return to “Boys Basketball”