When is the date that Warren will win the Div II championsii

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Re: When is the date that Warren will win the Div II champio

Post by Johnny Quest »

08/09 Warren 84 Athens 64 sectional final 09/10 Warren 55 Athens 53 sectional finals 10/11Warren 65 Athens 57 first round sectionals These are tournament scores that I could find during Coach Maddox tenure at Warren vs. Athens.
Last edited by Johnny Quest on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Never
How many times has Athens won a district title? Prolly not since Coach Mac strolled the sidelines for the green and gold. Win or lose the Warriors will play hard and play with pride just like they've done all year. I realize this winning thing is new for Athens (since joining the weak TVC) but really show a little class

GO BIG BAD BLUE!
lol, u really think u will win state? what's your convo record? it sucks. dont hate that athens has a better post season record than u. i've watched warren suck in convo for years. always the top seed. so dont act like an elitist, that warren is god. just big fish, small pond
Who said ANYTHING about winning state??? Big fish in a small pond? Well your describing Athens. They couldn't hack it in the SEAOL so they jumped down to the TVC, now that's what I call big fish in a small pond. If I remember correctly in 2010 didn't a 19-1 Athens Bulldogs, TVC Champion get beat by the lowly Warriors in a sectional final
HATERS GOTTA HATE!!!!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Not everyone is good enough to play in the SEOAL such as Warren. I like seeing Warren fans talk down about the TVC when the Warriors in fact were a charter member..I guess it wasn't weak until Warren left... before Warren gets a crack at Athens again, they very well might meet VC. We all remember what happened the last time the underdog, weak league, big fish Vikings met the SEOAL great Warriors in the tournament. :roll:

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I thought Athens a TVC school just beat an SEOAL school to get to the district.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Steel Reserve: I do not agree with you at all. If you want to use that statistic, you need to be able to explain how the coaches prior to Coach Maddox had the same trouble. The problem is the convo. We dont adjust the floor size well. We dont shoot at freestanding baskets. EVER. Coach Maddox has a strong program. As I said before, we gotta rise above. Or talk them into having the students on the floor seats. That brings a comfort zone that makes it seem like just another game.i

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Steel Reserve: I do not agree with you at all. If you want to use that statistic, you need to be able to explain how the coaches prior to Coach Maddox had the same trouble. The problem is the convo. We dont adjust the floor size well. We dont shoot at freestanding baskets. EVER. Coach Maddox has a strong program. As I said before, we gotta rise above. Or talk them into having the students on the floor seats. That brings a comfort zone that makes it seem like just another game.i
First I've heard about students courtside this season :lol: :lol: :lol: Here we go again!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Boy the haters are crawling out from under the woodwork like roaches. Lol. That's ok cause at the end of the day win or lose our kids will do it with class!! If we were to happen to win a game or two at the Convo I bet all the haters will turn from roaches to church mice..... QUIET!

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Native Warrior wrote:Exactly what is Blaine Maddox' tournament record Reserve ? How does it compare to other coaches in SEO ? I am waiting for Steel Reserve to answer that question.
2003: Warren loses in sectional
2004: Warren loses first game
2005: #1 seed Warren loses to a lower seed
2006: #1 seed Warren loses in sectional to #5 seed
2007: Warren loses in sectional
2008: Warren makes it to Convo, but only has to win 1 game to do it. Also, they lose to a lower seed. Record 1-1
2009: same as previous year 1-1
2010 and 2011: finally has some success making it to the district final
2012: #1 seed Warren loses to #4 seed

I can't figure out why they keep getting high seeds when they constantly lose to lower seeded teams. I think coaches are under the impression that they play a tougher schedule. That is obviously not true, though, since they always lose to teams with inferior records. Warren is the most overrated team around!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Believe this or not sometimes less talented teams are rewarded for a fine season regardless. Isn't that why NY and FH received a HIGH seed this very year both taken out by lower seeds Crooksville and Meigs. This is HS basketball and seeding is susposed to reward a whole seasons body of work.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

8-12 Belpre won a state tourny.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

32, 16, 6 wrote:8-12 Belpre won a state tourny.
Weren't they riddled with injuries early in the season that year? Also, what year was that?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre didn't win but they did make it to final 4. Anyway Warren should worry about making a regional before winning state title. Warren has never made the sweet 16.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

I'm pretty sure they are focused on the task at hand. Unioto is going to be more than a hand full. As pointed out numerous times they haven't faired well on the big Convo floor. They won't overlook anybody. One thing about losing all those Convo games is you had to win a lot to get there too lose. Lots of teams never make the trip. Or go once every 5 or 6 years.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

WarriorBlue wrote:I'm pretty sure they are focused on the task at hand. Unioto is going to be more than a hand full. As pointed out numerous times they haven't faired well on the big Convo floor. They won't overlook anybody. One thing about losing all those Convo games is you had to win a lot to get there too lose. Lots of teams never make the trip. Or go once every 5 or 6 years.
Not hard to get to the Convo every year when you only have to play one game and are constantly given a higher seed than you deserve. Winning a game against New Lexington isn't something to beat your chest about. That's all Warren had to do to get to the Convo this year.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

This tread was a disaster from the beginning....no one has any business asking such an ignorant question....this thread was destined to bring out the haters because of the phrasing....the only relevant question is how will Warren match up with Unioto and will they play well?....if they play their game they have a very good chance to win it....those who are TRUE BLUE know not to take anything for granted...why can't Warren fans root for their team like anyone else without being called arrogant? I see all these braggerts all over this site going on and on about their great teams (ones with far lesser records than Warren) and no one says anything about it....and Man of Steel is just an idiot!

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

warriorfrosh wrote:This tread was a disaster from the beginning....no one has any business asking such an ignorant question....this thread was destined to bring out the haters because of the phrasing....the only relevant question is how will Warren match up with Unioto and will they play well?....if they play their game they have a very good chance to win it....those who are TRUE BLUE know not to take anything for granted...why can't Warren fans root for their team like anyone else without being called arrogant? I see all these braggerts all over this site going on and on about their great teams (ones with far lesser records than Warren) and no one says anything about it....and Man of Steel is just an idiot!
Where's the "like button" lol!!

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

warriorfrosh wrote:.and Man of Steel is just an idiot!
No, I am honest and you can't handle he truth. I see Warren fans talking about how tough the SEOAL is all the time. They
put down the TVC all the time. Well, Meigs beat a higher seeded team to get to the Convo and Warren loses to lower seeded teams all the time. Looks like the TVC is the stronger conference.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

warriorfrosh wrote:This tread was a disaster from the beginning....no one has any business asking such an ignorant question....this thread was destined to bring out the haters because of the phrasing....the only relevant question is how will Warren match up with Unioto and will they play well?....if they play their game they have a very good chance to win it....those who are TRUE BLUE know not to take anything for granted...why can't Warren fans root for their team like anyone else without being called arrogant? I see all these braggerts all over this site going on and on about their great teams (ones with far lesser records than Warren) and no one says anything about it....and Man of Steel is just an idiot!
The very best post I've seen!!!! I'm hitting the Like Button 4sure!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

warriorfrosh wrote:....and Man of Steel is just an idiot!
Maybe still stinging from that 81-43 shellacking back in December. Remember Lol

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
warriorfrosh wrote:....and Man of Steel is just an idiot!
Maybe still stinging from that 81-43 shellacking back in December. Remember Lol

Ouch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”