Zane trace @ Piketon 2/8

eagles73Taylor
SE

Zane trace @ Piketon 2/8

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Zane Trace travels to the "Oven" this friday for the SVC championship. A Piketon wins seals their 7th title, a ZT win creates a 2 way tie with both. Piketon only has 2 league games left with ZT then Huntington. ZT has 4 league games left due to cancellations.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Re: Zane trace @ Piketon 2/8

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

SAVE ME A SEAT FOR THIS ONE! "HERE COMES THE STREAKS"

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

Piketon will win!

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

If Jeremy Farmer can stay out of foul trouble this time then the streaks pull away in the 4th. If he doesn't the Beam kid could be the determining factor, as long as he gets the ball in the paint. My prediction is 65-57 streaks.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

I agree with bvarn...
If Z. Farmer plays the way he did against UHS...Piketon will have a great chance...

This game carries a lot of weight and emotion...so it could go either way.

Mowery will have to play smart as well, and not get into foul trouble...

If Hinty and Mowery are on....look out

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

MRI13 wrote:I agree with bvarn...
If Z. Farmer plays the way he did against UHS...Piketon will have a great chance...

You mean Jeremy Farmer?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bengalfan76 wrote:
MRI13 wrote:I agree with bvarn...

You mean Jeremy Farmer?
20 pts on 9-11 fg and 9 rebs while dominating a pretty darn good big man. I'd hope so, if he plays like that against ZT, I'll take Piketon by a dozen.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

Yes, of course, I meant Jeremy. Im so used to talking about Zach I just put a Z....kid is a hell of an athlete.

But yea...if Jeremy can play like he did a week ago, and stay outta trouble....will be tough for ZT...

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Not a lot of chatter for such a big game. The Village will be buzzing Friday night. I for one am hoping for a large rowdy crowd! Lets Go Streaks~!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Pacing ourselves Eagles73!
You are correct Eagles73 The Oven will be on broil and the Redstreak Nation will be out for this one like a crowded lunch line for a $1.99 lunch special.
Let's Go Streaks!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Im gonna go with the Streaks in the Oven.

But I gotta admit the Mowery kid from Trace is a blast to watch.

Watched him dive head first for a ball that went back over the 10 second line.
The play wasn't being contested but that didn't matter, he is full throttle 100%.
One of the few that could go back in time and play in early 90's SVC and be an impact player.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a great matchup of the best in the SVC ... I like Piketon and their senior leadership to pickup the bookend game in this league contest ... I don't see Jeremy Farmer getting into the foul trouble that him spending more time on the bench than on the court at Zane Trace ... with J Farmer on the floor Beam (as good as he is - and I personally put him at the top of my Big Man list in Southern/Southeast Ohio / this is as a pure post up 5 man) doesn't run wild in the paint ... with that said ZT will be going to Beam in the paint which in turn puts the likelihood of J Farmer getting into foul trouble again much higher ... NOW as I pointed out on another thread prior to this game being postponed ... this one will come down to the senior perimeter people for the Red Streaks vs the youngsters of ZT ... in the last matchup at ZT - Hinty/Mowery "blinked" under the Piketon's pressure (Brabson/Moore/Williams/Brewster) in that 4th quarter ( 8 TOs in the 4th) ... the outcome for this game WILL come down to how well ZT handles the Red Streak pressure ... take away MY Ouija Board banter - THIS GAME IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS !!! best of luck to both of these fine teams ...

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

Hopefully the two teams can dictate who wins this matchup....unlike last time...when the poor officiating did.

These two teams are two of the best in Southern Ohio...no doubt. The leadership of Alley and Lisath, the athleticism of Farmer and Mowery, the bigs in Farmer and Beam, the supporting casts.....its gonna be a great game.

Its all on the line in Pike County tomorrow night.....who wants to be Champions more?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I'm going with Piketon and I think Brabson is going to be a huge player in this one .

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef has things all set for tonight. The red carpet and best linens are ready to go for a full out feast. The Chef took a little time to channel AB this morning, and the message is The Redstreaks win in a tight one so The Chef says The Streaks in The Oven before a HUGE Redstreak Nation crowd will prevail. The Big House of the SVC will be a special place to be this evening. Outside of the Bingo next door to Beril's, there's nothing else going on in The Village this evening so get there early to get your premium seat otherwise you might be sitting up top for this one as everyone The Chef has talked to this week is coming to this one.
Let's Go Streaks!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon 57
Zane Trace 48

Piketon SVC Champions
Three peat
4 of last 5 years

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Got be worst refs , I ever seen!

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Streaks win! Streaks win! Streaks win!

pinballwizard
Waterboy

Post by pinballwizard »

the refs were bad but they were bad for both sides...........nice win for the streaks!!! SVC CHAMPS

apples
Waterboy

Post by apples »

Yes the refs where bad for both sides!! At one point in the 2nd half Piketon had 8 fouls to Zane Traces 2!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”