SEOP Top 10 - Week 9

Lightle04
SE

Re: SEOP Top 10 - Week 9

Post by Lightle04 »

I do the same thing old buddy. My heart and head fight it out. I wanted to put my Easter Beaver boys in the top 10 every week but untill 2 weeks ago I didn't.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Ironman, NO, they have no bench...start 2 sophomores and play 6 deep some nights lol

lightle- I agree that Eastern Pike is VERY tough, I really like them..but, they also play really weak teams like Western Pike, New Boston, and Northwest...don't think they could beat WCH and Miami Trace on the court very consistently..just don't, but in D4 Ill take them with anybody from what I've seen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:Ironman, NO, they have no bench...start 2 sophomores and play 6 deep some nights lol

lightle- I agree that Eastern Pike is VERY tough, I really like them..but, they also play really weak teams like Western Pike, New Boston, and Northwest...don't think they could beat WCH and Miami Trace on the court very consistently..just don't, but in D4 Ill take them with anybody from what I've seen
That was my point.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:My teams i am biased for dont play in the Southeast district, but I am an SHL guy who lives in Highland county and catches a lot of games in the area...the only teams I am debating are the ones I have seen play in person, and think that in a head-to-head matchup which team i think is better. Looking at a score and a record in a newspaper doesn't always give an accurate comparison when comparing two teams???...I base my vote off of IF they met head -to-head , on the court, who would win...I don't think some of the D3 and D4 teams ranked high on the list could beat WCH or Miami Trace if they met on the court..just like we saw when EB and Whiteoak struggled against a bigger school like Hillsboro.that's my bias...and my good friend coaches at EC, so I do have a little bias there lol
Please tell me how Whiteoak struggled with Hillsboro and where was the game played?

The newspaper giving me every single score for two complete leagues sure gives a good idea.....still want to know why you have WCH so far above LE and your logic.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:Ironman, NO, they have no bench...start 2 sophomores and play 6 deep some nights lol

Also part has to be....are they beating them like they should....Eastern Pike fits that mold, CM is not of late.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Ironman, I went to the SCOL -SHAC Challenge ( I think that's what they call it) and this was my first look of the year at Hillsboro and Whiteoak...my first initially thought when I saw Whiteoak was, wow, they are going to SMOKE Hillsboro by the looks of it...however, Hillsboro forced Whiteoak into a boatload of turnovers, and controlled the game clearly for 3 straight quarters...Whiteoak had some IMPRESSIVE athletes, and battled back..but, turned the ball over under Hillsboro s pressure, and Hart buried a jumper to win the game...HELL of a game to watch, but yes, Whiteoak lost .struggled taking care of the ball early in the game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:Ironman, I went to the SCOL -SHAC Challenge ( I think that's what they call it) and this was my first look of the year at Hillsboro and Whiteoak...my first initially thought when I saw Whiteoak was, wow, they are going to SMOKE Hillsboro by the looks of it...however, Hillsboro forced Whiteoak into a boatload of turnovers, and controlled the game clearly for 3 straight quarters...Whiteoak had some IMPRESSIVE athletes, and battled back..but, turned the ball over under Hillsboro s pressure, and Hart buried a jumper to win the game...HELL of a game to watch, but yes, Whiteoak lost .struggled taking care of the ball early in the game
If that's struggling then every team struggles almost every game.

We're having semantics trouble again....and I gotta get to bed. WCH #12....but thanks to you I now know way more about them EC, EB, West Union, Blanchester and most importantly...Lemon-Monroe (I think I ordered two boxes of them from a girl scout. Lol

Good evening.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

And my reasoning for ranking WCH above Logan Elm is that if you ve seen them play, WCH shoots anywhere from 20 to 30 three pointers a game, and everybody knows when you "live" by the 3, some nights you "DIE" by the 3...and on that particular day Logan Elm played impressive, as they are, and WCH was missing everything...if they met again, don't believe they would struggle as much..WCH rattling off 13 in a row is what got my attention

And your right, Hillsboro did start the season like 6-2...and havent won a game since then i dont think...coincidentally i think thats when they started LEAGUE play :)

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Haha night Ironman...the wife is telling me to shut the IPAD down too, talk to ya later. My buddy is the football coach at Monroe, I'll snatch up your Girl Scout cookies when we go over to watch the Super Bowl lol :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If they live by the 3 and Logan Elm has one of the elite coaches in the district...I'd like to say that contributed to the significant loss.

As for your buddy at Lemon Monroe.....honestly I'd rather Clinton Massie had lost to the Thin Mints....I cookie I far more enjoy.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

the thing about polls is they are basically opinion based with biases. and opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one. polls are good conversation pieces and that is about all they are good for. how many times over the years has the number one team in the state actually won the state championship? for that matter how many college teams who have ended the season as number 1 actually won the ncaa championship? the good thing, unlike college football, it all takes care of itself in the end. the champion is determined on the court not by a poll.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree with ya polls are more for the fans to talk about and brag more than anything else.
I am sure the kids take pride in them when their team is recognized as one of the best in the state but I am also sure coaches o9n the high school level would prefer not to have them lol'.
But I think there are several good teams in S.E. OHIO this year and hope to see several of them go far in the playoffs this year.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

How about we split Ohio into NE, NW, SE, SW...no divisions and just play the whole thing out. One team out of each region to the Final Four, may the best team win. Be a hell of a battle in the SE to get out!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

sounds like a good plan to me, hopefully SE Ohio can bring home a title

CoachFitch
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFitch »

KingoftheCourts wrote:
Jimmy the Greek wrote:1. Ironton
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Eastern Brown/Piketon
5. Vinton Co.
6. Eastern Pike/Zane Trace
7. Valley/Minford/Oak Hill

Sorry, but there is NO WAY that Eastern Pike is better than Valley/Minford/or Oak Hill, which already beat them! They play in a weak division! Yes, they beat Piketon, and they will probably beat Northwest but they wouldn't begin to compete with Valley or Minford!!!!
It is a rare thing for me to do anything but check scores/game cancellations on this site. But after reading this post, I must speak up for my players. Our little "D4" school has more than competed with D3's and yes many SOC2 schools on a regular basis. We have multiple wins against against OVS, SVC, and SOC 2 schools including Minford. Many of those schools have dropped us. To say that we can't "compete" is silly and that is not to say that we would always win the majority of time. In fact, we beat Minford 2 out of the last 3 years (lost last year by 5 with our worst shooting game of the year at 28% ). McBee and I had a good side bet and he got to buzz my hair off in your gym. Anyhow, to act like my club is "no competition" is silly. My players success in recent years points to the contrary.

This year we have wins against Wellston (who beat Athens), Waverly (I think beat Webster), and Piketon (who beat Valley and many other good teams). We were tied with Oak Hill with 2:30 left and made some poor descisions and lost.

As we moved to the 22 game schedule this year, I can tell you that several "bigger" area schools were contacted but were not interested in playing. I am not saying in any way that they are "scared" of us so don't misunderstand me. But, I understand not playing us because if we were to win it might hurt their tournament seeding.

Am I saying that we would beat all the SOC2 teams and go undefeated? Absolutely not. The SOC2 has some Great teams with great coaching.

Am I saying we would compete and win some games? YES WE WOULD! I have confidence in my players. As an old falcon, I certainly would have liked to have had another shot at Minford.
Last edited by CoachFitch on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

CoachFitch wrote:
KingoftheCourts wrote:
Jimmy the Greek wrote:1. Ironton
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Eastern Brown/Piketon
5. Vinton Co.
6. Eastern Pike/Zane Trace
7. Valley/Minford/Oak Hill

Sorry, but there is NO WAY that Eastern Pike is better than Valley/Minford/or Oak Hill, which already beat them! They play in a weak division! Yes, they beat Piketon, and they will probably beat Northwest but they wouldn't begin to compete with Valley or Minford!!!!
It is a rare thing for me to do anything but check scores on this site. But after reading this post, I must speak up for my players. Our little "D4" school has more than competed with D3's and SOC2 schools on a regular basis. We have beaten many of them. In fact, over the last 6 years we have beaten the following teams multiple times (Coal Grove-dropped us, Southeastern-dropped us, and Minford-dropped us). In fact, we beat Minford 2 out of the last 3 years (lost last year by 5 with our worst shooting game of the year at 28% ) Austin McBee got to buzz my hair due to our side bet because I was very confident that we would beat them for the 3rd straight year.

This year we beat Wellston (who beat Athens), Waverly (I think beat Webster), and Piketon (who beat Valley and many other good teams). We were tied with Oak Hill with 2:30 left and made some poor descisions and lost.

As we moved to the 22 game schedule this year, I can tell you that several "bigger" area schools were contacted but did not want to play us. I am not saying in any way that they are "scared" of us so don't misunderstand me. But, I understand not playing us because if we were to win it might hurt their tournament seeding.

Am I saying that we would beat all the SOC2 teams and go undefeated? Absolutely not. The SOC2 has some Great teams with great coaching.

Am I saying we would compete and win our share of games? YES WE WOULD! I have confidence in my players. As an old falcon, I certainly would have liked to have had another shot at Minford.
According to the AD, Eastern dropped us this year. Also, I can remember our boys playing at Jackson this past summer and Coach Fitch didn't want to play Minford. Just putting two and two together, so really, who dropped who? As the Eagles may bring the competition with the SOC2 schools, Minford/Valley/Oak Hill, I believe are better teams.

CoachFitch
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFitch »

Our team policy is not to post "team things" so I will not comment on summer. I will pm you what I know regarding scheduling but we did not drop Minford. Easern played Minford long before I got there. Nonetheless, I wish the Falcons well and hope McBee and the team finishes strong.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

One of those 3 teams Falcon mentioned has only beat 3 teams with a record over .500 and only one of those wins was on the road. I think the Eagles would hold there own.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill over Valley

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

The SOC 2 is so competative this year if a team doesn't come to play there in trouble. Crunch time now the cream always rises to the top ! Keep battling kids you all have made this a great season of basketball ! And a shout out to Webster that team could have mailed it in when they lost Swords but they are true competitors ! Way to hang with the big schools! Valley lost the farm last year got a super late start due to football and here they are right in it . Minford considered a football school by everyone . Well guess what they can ball guys . Had a little bumpy path early but rolling now. And Oak Hill look up the word "TEAM" and there picture is there every kid knowing his roll and giveing it 100% when they are out sized by a lot every game. WOW can't wait to see how this story ends !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”