D2 SE/Logan Super Sectional

whsball
Freshman Team

D2 SE/Logan Super Sectional

Post by whsball »

Hopefully at some point the higher ups will get this straightened out. There is so much politics in a draw it's mind numbing. We need to online seed every team in both sectionals and then show up to the draw to place our pills on the board. It's how most districts do it, (I believe). What's everyone thoughts...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D2 SE/Logan Super Sectional

Post by danicalifornia »

Agreed 100%. I think everyone's vote should be private and you pick your slot on the board.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

When you online vote, your vote is not private. Each coach receives a printout of who voted what. It's the only way to do it. The seeding process in the SE is a joke and most coaches do what's best for their team and not necessarily what is right.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

I totally agree....the seeding process in the southeast district is a joke....rank everyone top to bottom, pick your spot on the bracket, and move on....this would show who really wants to avoid who and also who wants to play a certain opponent!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I love seeing the seed numbers for the other districts too. I believe it was Cincinnati Taft a couple of years ago who played the lowest 2 seeds to reach districts, because everyone wanted to avoid them.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

I think you do see the seed votes, but what I like is the fact that you can pick your spot on the board....I believe. I don't think there are any stipulations...so if you are a #2 seed and you think you match up well with the #1, you could....

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

SUPER SECTIONAL? WOW!
Who are the teams going to the Logan Sectional? Logan DII? Don't see a team playing tourny games on home floor!
When do they draw for seeds?
I hope I can make some games, seems like this might be the toughest sectional to advance from in the entire state of Ohio?
I would assume this is where most of the local teams play?
One thing for sure, Jackson will not be #1 seed :122246 In the boys, but the Iron ladies is a team that could take it all.
I have seen them play more than any other team boys or girls since moving to Jackson.
Mainly because of my work schedule, but also they are an exciting team to watch.
I heard the girls wll play at Meigs high school.
But this is about the boys, and I must check-out who is DII around here besides Jackson and Athens.
I must admit that Southeastern Ohio high school basketball takes a backseat to no other area!

:aaaaa99 "A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

I went on OHSAA and saw the teams in this sectional.
Was surprise to see Logan as a DI school, and totally surprised to see Chillicothe DII at Southeasten Chillicothe, I just assumed they were a bigger school than Logan.
Jackson not at Logan sectional after all.
Warren seems to be the cream of the crop at this sectional with Athens #2.
Don't know much about others than their record.
I have seen Vinton play 3x. The Vikings lack a big man in the paint, which will eventually be their downfall.
It is high school basketball and at this point everybody is even until beaten.

:aaaaa99 "A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"

Return to “Boys Basketball”