Games for 2013-14

whsball
Freshman Team

Games for 2013-14

Post by whsball »

Washington CH needs home games for next year, willing to do a home and home over 2 yrs, but need home for next year. Looking for quality D2 teams that aren't over 120 miles round trip, which excludes quite a few teams I know, but if you are interested please contact me shannon.bartruff@wchcs.org

Thanks, love the site btw, great info.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Games for 2013-14

Post by pfloyd »

bballfan ... can you see an AD in C'bus reading the part about 120 miles round trip! LOL teams in C'bus would consider that an overnighter LOL ... good luck filling your schedule for next year ... by the way Coach congratulations on a great season so far ... Washington CH being one of the best in Southern/Southeast Ohio this season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens and Court House would be a great regular season match-up!

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Thanks, we have a looooooong way to go. Our league is as tough as any night in and out. No gimmes. Our Sectional will be the same. We are a go tonight vs Hillboro and also hearing McClain game is still being played. I'm sure a few will get the ax tonight.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

93Bulldog - we scrimmaged @ Piketon vs. them, but most of starters were still in football. I'd love to play them, just don't know if the school were go for the trip....too many $$$$$.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Vinton County would be another good matchup for Washington CH next year as well as Coach Combs has another good group returning and coming up from the JV squad ... VC should have good perimeter scoring to go with a good inside presence coming from this years JV unit ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vinton County vs Piketon (at Ohio University - Chillicothe) has been an annual thing ... just add Athens vs Washington Court House and you have one heckuva double-header!

Whola - travel concerns & cost are taken care of .... and the FANS WOULD surely appreciate it as well.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Washington CH vs Athens ... Vinton Co vs Piketon THAT would be a great doubleheader right there , as you pointed out 93dog play the games at OUChilli - travel costs are shared - schools/fans all win with that scenario ... Saturday night doubleheader , this play bill would fill the house imo ...get on that one 93dog - make it happen !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm just gonna contact OU-Chillicothe and try and book the place for an entire day - and create my own Holliday event, Floyd ... lol ... I'll only invite the DII teams and pit some of the top teams from the Logan sectional vs the top teams from the Southeastern sectional.

The 2013/2014 93Bulldog 'Cross-over' Classic

Vinton County vs Hillsboro - 2:00
Logan Elm vs Fairland - 4:00
Warren vs Miami Trace - 6:00
Athens vs Washington Court House - 8:00

:)

Just let me know if you want in ... we can call it the 93Bulldog/Pfloyd Invitational.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

If somebody can make that happen... we are in. We also scrimmage VC every year. I think that would be a heck of a tourney over 2 days.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm all in 93dog !!! money maker for schools/great hoops action over 2 days/central location ... Logan Sectional teams vs Southeastern Sectional teams ... I'm thinking that the schools would be ALL IN as well ... 93dog you know WHO can make this happen right - Lou Horvath has the pull to make it happen with the OU connections ... 93bulldog/Pfloyd Invitational - I like it !!! Purple Hippo T-shirt sales will go thru the roof LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

* Lou on the mic?
* 93Dog taking pics?
* Floyd selling shirts?

I havn't even got a single team yet - and its already a 'three-ring' circus ... lol

In all honesty though, getting together with MATTASH and organizing a SOUTHERNOHIOPREPS.COM invitational would be really, really cool ... I think it could actually be pulled off and be a huge success if done right.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I think it could happen with the right backing, SEOPS as the sponsor would be great for SEOhio hoops ... I think there could be some outstanding match ups that would draw a major high school hoops following, let alone a SEOPs contingent ... teams needing to fill their 22 game schedules opens the door for schools/coaches looking to not just "fill the schedule" but fill the schedule with a quality opponent that IS in fact a quality opponent ...

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Don't let this lose steam....
Believe you me...if I had the connections I would be on it...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Can we please get a Fort Frye @ Marietta game Please

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

This could be as good as the Beast of the SE tournament. I drive an hour and 15 minutes to watch quality high school basketball on that weekend.

Return to “Boys Basketball”