Thoughts, predictions?

Webster 56 - Minford 51

Shoe gets out coached...

99.3 or 107.5 will be there

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Re: South Webster @ Minford

Post by B0UNCE »

That could be true SP! Its a shame Minford has a very talented team but there style of play is frustrating it looks as if were scared to run walking the ball up the floor an zone defense. The SOC is probably out of reach so try something new get all your players into the offense. Try playing hard defense the entire game,press an run use your bench even if its only a few minutes to give a quick break throughout the whole game. Look how we looked the first quarter of Waverly when we played fast before they were slowed down. Prepare for the tournament.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Websters "HEART" plays role in this one . Minford should be favored by 6-9 but I'm going with Minford 63- Webster 61 in a game that is decided on the foul line .

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

One sore spot for the Falcons has been rebounding. I think McCray and Gullion pound the boards tonight and leads Minford to a win by 8.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

I believe Minford has found their game going to the inside and WILL dominate! The only team that I've seen match up with McCray is Valley. Minford didn't go inside the first match and Webster DOESN'T have anyone to stop McCray.

Webster's mistake would be to overlook this Minford team and think they've got a sure win. Minford has put away some nice teams in the SOC (all but Valley and the first match up with Webster) and is very capable of beating Webster. Minford never plays well at Webster, so I look for this to be a different game.

Coach Shoemaker definitely won't be out coached in this match up!

I'm taking my Falcons!! GO! FIGHT! WIN!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Looks like snow but the short trip may allow them to play.
@Falcon Fury - Dyer can handle him. The last 5 games or so he's been a beast on defense down low and you know if Webster turns it into a track meet McCray will be gassed.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

@ SP - You'd be surprised how well the big man can move for his size! I understand Dyer is a good player, but I haven't seen a team stop McCray yet, other than Valley. Should be a good match up then from the way you talk about Dyer's "D"

Hopefully this snow will not cancel this game! I'm excited to see some good basketball!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Game on?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Nope :(

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Oh give me a break....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is there a reschedule date yet?

Not sure of Scioto County, but all the snow is done in Lawrence and the road are clear for the most part. Very premature to cancel. They could have gotten this one in with ease if the roads are the same in Minford as Ironton right now.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

They do it every year all across the region, cancel games at 9-11 am, rather than making a decision around 4:30-5.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

was jus out in muletown and snow seems to be cleared out pretty well, im hearing the problem is more about clearing all the atv's off the roads, which is next to impossible out there. good luck to both at the reschedule date which i last heard was 6pm varsity reseves start, tba on date. probably a monday or wednesday game from what ive heard. soc right down to wire should be barn burner with more on line late.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

i was there as well fillin up my tank and gettin a bowl of lorettas chili. the quad fumes were in the air for sure. the township did a pretty nice job of cleanin up the roads. TOO BAD ODOT DIDN'T DO JACK!!!!!!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I just drove from Minford to Piketon in a mustang, lucasville-minford road was a lil sketchy but other than that it was all good.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the road used to travel from webster to minford is still white as a ghost right now, good call canceling the game i think. 335 and 140 might be clear, i havent been on them today, but bennett school house is a no go right now

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I almost put it in the ditch when I pulled out of my driveway...

Return to “Boys Basketball”