Valley D-4 sectional

Lightle04
SE

Valley D-4 sectional

Post by Lightle04 »

I think this sectional is great this year and maybe the best it's ever been.

Notre Dame 11-3
Webster 9-5
White Oak 7-5
East 10-4
Fairfield 6-6
Manchester 4-8
Clay 4-8
Western 3-11
Green 3-9
New Boston 2-11
This is the order I think they are going to be seated as well.
Last edited by Lightle04 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: Valley D-4 sectional

Post by theuglytruth »

Im sure whatever happens 2 SHL teams will be playing in the first round. Most likey Whiteoak and Fairfield as a 4/5 since this has sure seemed to be the pattern in the last 6 or 7 years.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree I though the 5-6 seeds played each other . They will flip White Oak and East to insure this happens.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Or leave it and let Manchester and Fairfield play. But right now that's where there record dictates they should be

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I also think the top 6 teams are locks to stay in the top 6 the bottom 4 are pretty much locked into one of those spots Western I feel will get as many as 2-4 more wins they still have games with Green,New Boston, Clay and West Union all of which are young teams and Wester has beat 2 of them so far so ithink them getting to 6 wins maybe 7 is possible.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I agree with teams 1-6 staying there but maybe doing some flip flopping.
No its 4-5, 3-6, 7-10, 8-9 I believe, Then 1 plays the winner of 7-10 and 2 plays the winner of 8-9

Lots of year left, I believe I would pretty upset if I was a Fairfield fan and finished at a 5 seed as high as expectations were...

.................and that my friends, is the uglytruth!!!!!!
Last edited by theuglytruth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ya pre-season they were the talk of the SHL wonder what happened ?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

lightle04 wrote:Ya pre-season they were the talk of the SHL wonder what happened ?
they fired their coach!

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

The winner of the SHAC small div. will get the 2 or 3 seed.

The other 2 SHAC teams will battle in the first round.

I agree I also got caught up in the Fairfield hype and picked them to win div 2. What happened ? Coaching change? Maybe. But I looked at the losses and 4 of the 6 have been to SEOP top 10 teams.

Still a lot of ball to be played.. who knows, maybe Manchester will make a late run, they played WO pretty tough earlier this week.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Lots of basketball to be played before the draw. The SHl schools will have less "clout" in this sectional after Notre Dame beat White Oak like a drum early and with White oak competing for the SHL small school conference title. Easts win over S.webster helps their seeding as well. Leesburg needs to win some games before they can claim anything higher than a 4,5,6 seed I would think.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Fairfield's high expectations came after they fired their coach and played very well in the summer. They beat teams like north adams, peebles, zane trace, south webster, southeastern and several west virginia schools at rio grande. But we all know that summer games don't count. Since this summer they have also lost their big man and second leader scorer from last year. Four of their losses have come from eastern brown, zane trace, miami trace, and washington ch all bigger schools with very good records.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

that schedule will help them come tourny time no matter where they are seeded. eventually you are going to have to beat some good teams to move on. i just don't like how the seeding is so crooked and the shl teams always seem to have to play each other right off the bat.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It's the same way I think in every sectional down south. Eastern Beaver and Symmes Valley 2 SOC schools go all the way to Meigs where there out numbered . I don't understand why up north the upper seeds get to pick there sectional and down south we can't not very much of a even playing field there.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Right now I would have it..

1.Notre Dame
2.South Webster
3.East
4.Whiteoak
5.Fairfield
6.Manchester
7.Western
8.Clay
9.Green
10.New Boston

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

with webster's schedule could see them dropping to 4

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Without Swords in the big division of the SOC I can see them dipping to #5 behind a White Oak or Fairfield .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Notre Dame
2. South Webster/East
3. East/South Webster
4..Whiteoak/Fairfield
5. Fairfield/Whiteoak

There is a ton of ball left...but this is how it will be...would guess Manchester is against SW.

Whiteoak is 7-5, only playing a few home games so far. Fairfield is coming on a bit.

I REALLY wish the D4 SE was 1 super sectional instead of 2. Would be fair for everyone.

Eastern B is the clear #1 and so are the ND Titans

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

This is a very tuff sectional this year . Notre Dame on Maxpreps is the #12 D-4 team in the state. East is like 8-3 Fairfield and White Oak, Manchester all play a grueling schedual against bigger D3 schools. This is the tuffest D-4 sectional in southern ohio I think.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

I agree this is a tough sectional. I wouldnt put much stock in Max Preps rankings, data is incomplete to say the least.

I disagree with your seeding predictions, Top 3 seeds should go to ND, SHAC Champ ( WO or Fairfield) and S Webster. Just look at the past, year after year the high seed gets beat by S Webster and SHAC teams.

That being said we all know what will happen.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree with you on how it should go 100% but we all know how it's going to go . For those guys to get the seeds they deserve there wins have to be greater then the other teams from the SOC why strength of schedual isn't considered is kind of silly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”